Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:10 am

I’m wondering when I’ll wear my mask again. NC is totally mask free now

I guess when I fly in July?
this was a correct guess

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:02 am

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/louisiana- ... =algorithm

Guy gets covid, goes to the hospital, and says he’d rather get covid again instead of vaccinated because of politics.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:10 am

dingleberry

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:51 am

More in things that didn't happen. If you google the stats for Jefferson County (Birmingham) where this hack fraud says she practices there has been one covid death in weeks.
Despite the rise in cases and hospitalizations, Alabama has not seen a significant rise in coronavirus deaths. The state is averaging just under six virus deaths per day, and deaths here have been essentially flat for several months.
https://experience.arcgis.com/experienc ... 615d88d6c2

The article very clearly states she is reflecting back on the several months the vaccine has been available.

I received mine five months ago, and my wife got hers six months ago.

How many have died in the last half year?

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:53 am

https://www.wsfa.com/2021/07/21/covid-1 ... n-alabama/

Everything I don’t like is fake news

MWB

COVID-19

Postby MWB » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:54 am

Our school board voted to make masks optional in school a couple weeks ago. The NC governor came out yesterday recommending that all K-8 students and staff should all be masked and non-vaxxed HS student and staff should be masked. Pretty sure the school board won't change their stance.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:01 am

Florida on the rise too. Jan they had one day at 31.5K new cases. Two days ago they had 24K.

MWB

COVID-19

Postby MWB » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:06 am

More in things that didn't happen. If you google the stats for Jefferson County (Birmingham) where this hack fraud says she practices there has been one covid death in weeks.
Despite the rise in cases and hospitalizations, Alabama has not seen a significant rise in coronavirus deaths. The state is averaging just under six virus deaths per day, and deaths here have been essentially flat for several months.
Not really sure what makes her a "hack fraud" or why one would question if she actually practices, but what is the negative part of what she's saying? Doctor citing experiences to encourage vaccination seems ok.

RonnieFranchise

COVID-19

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:08 am

Not really sure what makes her a "hack fraud" or why one would question if she actually practices, but what is the negative part of what she's saying? Doctor citing experiences to encourage vaccination seems ok.
Far as I can tell Bill Peduto is the only hack fraud involved here.

CBear3

COVID-19

Postby CBear3 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:06 am

Freddy's claim is that those conversations aren't actually taking place.
Like "my two year old looked up with sad eyes and asked why are people so afraid to get vaccinated daddy? when I told him we couldn't go to the indoor water park because the Delta variant is on the rise."

Her story is pretty on the nose.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:09 am

I personally believe someone would be begging for their lives if they knew they were going to be intubated. It felt pretty common that people that were intubated have a good chance of not waking up.

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:11 am

It's hard for me to take the leap from a medical doctor making first-hand statements in traditional media to second-hand accounts on Twitter of toddlers babbling about policy.

It's on the nose because it's a painful truth.

I tend to lean towards the idea that there are thousands of doctors and nurses that have experienced that exact same conversation with a patient and then the patient's family. But this one made it to the press. Whereas very few, if any, toddlers have an opinion about Biden.

CBear3

COVID-19

Postby CBear3 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:14 am

I personally believe someone would be begging for their lives if they knew they were going to be intubated. It felt pretty common that people that were intubated have a good chance of not waking up.
I can believe it's happening. Look at nocera's family. But admittedly it does smell a bit of too on point for the skeptics in the room.

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:15 am

I'd give props to Freddy for changing the narrative from unvaxxed deaths to media semantics. But her message doesn't really matter anyway. If you're vaccinated you don't care and if you're unvaxxed by choice at this point you also don't care. My only interest in the story is that it shows how long these willfully ignorant people can hold their resolve. Almost to the end.
No atheists in foxholes, etc.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:19 am

Lol

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:19 am

That's exactly what most deniers want to happen, look at the dramatics, ignore the true cause for the dramatics, and repeat. It's ammo to continue to believe what they want.

Let them beg if they get to that point.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:28 am

I can believe it's happening. Look at nocera's family. But admittedly it does smell a bit of too on point for the skeptics in the room.
"Story seems a little too on the nose for me..."

vs.

"She's a hack fraud of a doctor..."

One is skeptical. The other is Freddy. :slug:

MWB

COVID-19

Postby MWB » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:31 am

Freddy's claim is that those conversations aren't actually taking place.
Like "my two year old looked up with sad eyes and asked why are people so afraid to get vaccinated daddy? when I told him we couldn't go to the indoor water park because the Delta variant is on the rise."

Her story is pretty on the nose.
It's certainly possible this is not a specific situation, and instead a combination of instances put into one story. I'd be perfectly fine with that. I don't think it's just a made up story.

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:37 am

The alternative is they go to their death without ever considering the vaccine. That's worse, right?

The deaths are easily proven, so that is not in dispute.

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:22 am

All HIPAA states is that your medical professionals, insurers, and other health care entities can't share info without your permission. Period. Amazing to me how many people think it includes other things.
our hockey league went through this last year with COVID. we wanted to keep our players informed as to how many had COVID at any given time (and those players had to sit while quarantining. you'd think that was a no-brainer but....). ultimately we chose not to release names but several Board members kept insisting that we'd be violating HIPAA if we did. :roll:

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:24 am

If you're not a medical professional is it violating HIPAA?

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:26 am

There are some other pieces, but it's definitely not like some health privacy law where if I were to tell everyone PFIDC has herpes it would be a violation

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:28 am

my understanding is no. if I know you have COVID (or anything) and I tell someone else, I haven't violated anything. I never took any kind of oath or anything like that. I can tell people whatever I want to. now if my wife is your doctor and she tells me that you have COVID then my wife has violated HIPAA by telling me.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:30 am

There are some other pieces, but it's definitely not like some health privacy law where if I were to tell everyone PFIDC has herpes it would be a violation
It might not be a HIPAA violation but I told you that in confidence.