COVID-19

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 05, 2021 2:03 pm

Re on-camera pooping guy

He set his video feed to show the new product logo, apparently not aware that it was a background and not a wallpaper. Why he also left the audio live is anyone's guess.

If you break down his decision tree, there had to be at least half a dozen points where he chose poorly leading up to poo poo time.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed May 05, 2021 2:04 pm

not gonna lie, I've brought the Browns to the Super Bowl while on a call before. of course I muted/turned off my camera though

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed May 05, 2021 2:05 pm

There is an inordinate amount of vaccine hesitancy in the African American community, because of historical malpractice. I get that. Let me rephrase that: 5 months ago I got that, but I do not get that now. Tens of millions of people have gotten the vaccine(s) at this point, do you really think that phlebotomists are setting up their stations with like a green tackle box full of good shots for white people and a red tackle box full of shots for that are loaded with VD-laced hot dog water for the 'others'?

Get the f**king shots, numpties.
I'd say it's more complex than that. It's ingrained in their culture now. Their great grandparents drilled it into their grandparents head's that vaccines are bad, who in turn drilled it into their parent's heads and now into their own heads. Tough nut to crack.

That said, I saw a few black people getting the vaccine at the same time as me, and I wondered if there was fear running through their heads as they were going through the process. Was it hard for them to go through with this, or was it an easy decision?

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Wed May 05, 2021 2:06 pm

I'm not so snarked off with regular people (if you follow me) who use Bluetooth buds for work calls. But people who are in the business of being what amounts to professional TV broadcasters who can't get their game together are super annoying. Be it AB Stoddard who can't figure out what a f**king key light is, or legal analysts like Neal Katyal or Andrew Weissman who are fond of cameras that capture video at 320p....... it's 2021, sort your s**t out, people.
Correct. A major part of my job this past year has been capturing interviews remotely. Purchasing equipment, mailing it across the country, helping layman with a fairly advanced setup, and conducting & recording the interview from my home office. There's definitely a difference between an in-person interview setup and what I was able to manage remotely, but I made it as similar as possible. Point being, if I can do this, surely folks who routinely appear on television can do it.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Wed May 05, 2021 2:16 pm

No
Seesh. Maybe mr tif would think it’s funny

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Wed May 05, 2021 2:57 pm

poop guy is probably having the worst time of his life right now. i feel bad for poop guy.

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed May 05, 2021 3:22 pm

poop guy is probably having the worst time of his life right now. i feel bad for poop guy.
This is my nightmare scenario. I would honestly have just mailed my equipment back to the corporate office and texted my boss that I was resigning effective immediately. Probably block all my coworkers on LinkedIn, Facebook etc for good measure.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Wed May 05, 2021 3:59 pm

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Wed May 05, 2021 4:00 pm

Good. That should be a no brainer.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed May 05, 2021 4:01 pm

Is IP protections what is holding up the vaccine roll out? I'm not sure that's the bottle neck...

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 05, 2021 4:04 pm

Is IP protections what is holding up the vaccine roll out? I'm not sure that's the bottle neck...
I believe IP was holding up the manufacturing process so that vaccines could be ramped up and distributed globally.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed May 05, 2021 4:05 pm

I haven't read anything on the matter... seems odd to me that IP is the hold up. Pay the royalties for access to the IP and move on with production.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 05, 2021 4:37 pm

Both Pfizer and Moderna are refusing to license the manufacture of their vaccines.

meow

COVID-19

Postby meow » Wed May 05, 2021 5:18 pm

This is my nightmare scenario. I would honestly have just mailed my equipment back to the corporate office and texted my boss that I was resigning effective immediately. Probably block all my coworkers on LinkedIn, Facebook etc for good measure.
Coward. I would embrace this and put my background as a bathroom

meow

COVID-19

Postby meow » Wed May 05, 2021 5:19 pm

Supply issues are not a US problem. It’s a non-US problem.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Moderna has said they won't enforce their patent rights on their vaccine, but simply saying that isn't good enough. I saw a thing yesterday that one of the motivations guiding Pfizer and Moderna in this area is that they don't want their IP out in the wild because they are working on COVID therapeutics that trade on some of the same ground, and they want to protect their market for those drugs, which are still months out. If that's true, that's super gross.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:35 pm

I have a hard time believing this is truly a nightmare for you, because everything I know of you points to you being a competent and professional operator who would not accidentally broadcast their dumps across the internet because you wouldn't ever bring your laptop to the head mid-teleconference.

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Wed May 05, 2021 7:47 pm

Mrs Tif just had a big video conference. She works in sales training, and there's a new product coming out where her company is teaming up with another pharma company on the launch. Call was populated with a couple dozen people from both companies up to VP level. During the call, one dude decided to take his laptop with him into the bathroom while he dropped trou and fired off a deuce. Never stopped his camera feed, never hit mute on his audio. Just, full on took a s**t on camera during a work call. wtf

I am honestly torn between disgust and admiration. :lol:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed May 05, 2021 8:07 pm

speaking of purposeless restrictions, can we please remove the **** pool noodle from golf holes? I don’t think a single person in the world would get sick from sticking their hand in a cup

I want to be able to hear the ball rattle in the hole so I can celebrate my double bogey

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed May 05, 2021 8:21 pm

Re on-camera pooping guy

He set his video feed to show the new product logo, apparently not aware that it was a background and not a wallpaper. Why he also left the audio live is anyone's guess.

If you break down his decision tree, there had to be at least half a dozen points where he chose poorly leading up to poo poo time.
More details. Was it a grunt-filled, noisy evacuation-style dump or just like a couple anticlimactic quiet farts and a plop. Did he sit or stand when he wiped?

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed May 05, 2021 8:23 pm

I have certainly taken mid-call dumps, but I block my camera lens after shutting it off just to be sure and check that I'm muted 200x. Also I leave the computer outside the bathroom usually at least 20 feet from the door with the volume all the way up

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

COVID-19

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed May 05, 2021 8:59 pm

Some South Carolina schools ending their mask mandate next week.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Wed May 05, 2021 9:34 pm

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Wed May 05, 2021 10:00 pm

OK since no one can give an answer beyond the stock "hicks are stupid" I crunched some numbers.

We need 7 million Pennsylvanians (give or take) to get to 70%. There are 67 counties.

Biden won 13 counties in PA. Based on my rough estimate, there are 5.5 million adults in these counties. He won 13 of the 22 most populous counties in the state. Assuming that our science trusting, biden voting counties get an 80% success rate, that means 4.4 million vaccinated people. That means we need 2.6 million science hating, trump loving, angry facebook posting people in Trump counties to get the shot. By my count, there are 4.5 adults in trump voting counties. so that means they need like a 57% success rate in Trump counties to get a shot.
Pretty much all of the data on vaccinations can be found on the Commonwealth's vaccine dashboard.

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/diseas ... board.aspx

The "it's country hicks who aren't getting vaccinated" is somewhat falsified by the dashboard. The top 10 counties with the highest percentages of residents fully vaccinated are Montour, Forest, Lackawanna, Elk, Butler, Allegheny, Cameron, Erie, Lehigh, and Washington, with Fayettenam just missing the cut at 11. The lowest by far? Philadelphia. Yes, some very rural counties like Fulton, Potter, and Mckean are near the bottom, but some very urban and suburban counties are well below average, and some rural counties are leading the pack.

The dashboard says that the eligible population is 10.6 million. PA in total is 32.2% fully vaccinated and 17.9% partially vaccinated. If the partials all get their second shots, that's right around 50%. So we'd still need 20% or around 2.1 million more people to get their jabs. We could get around a third of that number from Philadelphia county alone if even half of the people in Philly get vaccinated. Philly is very much dragging down the numbers for the rest of the state.

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Wed May 05, 2021 10:12 pm

Philadelphia, as usual, sucks.