COVID-19

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:23 pm

I think you should spend more time in trying to understand what those charts mean. if you think it's "119% of white people don't want the vaccine" you are deceptively dumb

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:25 pm

Maybe it's a Covid symptom

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:39 pm

I understand the usage of deceptively and I am here for it.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:43 pm

This was from back in July. I would say a majority of these folks probably had the chance to be vaccinated at least twice by now...
So many theories can be drawn from this, but the erosion of the middle class, particularly for people who work with their hands in sparsely populated communities is killing our country.
Um, what a trash graphic.

So 119% of white people and 108% of republicans are 'waiting to see' or 'definitely not'...that's pretty impressive.

And you've got 51% of democrats in one of those 2 categories...what's the excuse for the other 49%? Just lazy?

Same question for African Americans... What's the excuse for the 73% not counted in the results?

I'm not sure anything can be drawn from this. Maybe, to shmenguins point, this vaccine hesitancy is more driven by socio-economic status than red vs. blue. That, of course, would be way less newsworthy, however.
Poor, white, uneducated people are now the Republican base.

Socio-economics is a red vs blue matter at this point.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:46 pm

I'd rather be talking about this red vs blue.

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:52 pm

I'm with geno on this. There's too much bloodlust and hate for the poor in this and the political thread. It's mainly driven by an individual poster, but there are seeds of it in others.

Yes, these people are dumb, selfish, and mainly Trump supporters (redundant). So what? I think the snobbery portrayed by people on the opposite side of the spectrum fuels their desire to be different. It's definitely what got Trump elected in the first place.

This is what is wrong with America. We're a conglomeration of different people: economic status, race, religion, sexual orientation, you name it. But we all hate each other because we're different. The people shooting down the poor are as much **** idiots than the anti-vaxxers.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:55 pm

When you start endangering the lives of others is when I stop giving a **** about your feelings. I don't care if you're republican, democrat, independent, or just an dadhole. If you're not vaccinated due to political or religious beliefs, you deserve all of the bloodlust and hate. I don't hate republicans. I hate selfish antivax NTP66s who are clogging up hospitals and keeping a pandemic going.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:59 pm

“We hate each other because we’re different” is lazy nonsense.

I would have no hatred for a black, gay, octogenarian Jew nor would anyone “blue” here.

The “hate” is towards people who threaten our livelihoods, as lefty’s. The “hate” from the right is poor aggrieved people who are missing out on the participation trophies they used to get that are being handed out to people with darker skin than them.

In this particular thread to cite “both sides” is a hell of a thing. Do you follow the news at all? That’s an honest question.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:59 pm

“There’s no way to really tell who the stupid ones are”

Of course correlation is not causation.......... of course.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:01 pm

And I hate the grifters that cultivate the stupid and vulnerable and mobilize them to engage in acts of performative stupidity.

Top of the list are those grifter doctors that sold people ivermectin over the internet

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:06 pm

I love how "get a FREE vaccine" turned into this socio-economic debate. Get a vaccine, it's free, help your neighbors. Oh you don't want to do that and you want ME to be compassionate about your choices to not help the betterment of the cause? Get effed.

This is the problem we're in, because we're pandering to an uneducated group of folk who expect everyone to bow and cater to them and it doesn't matter the race, political affiliations. If you can get the vaccine willingly, and you're unwilling to get it. Absolutely, as a society, that persons usefulness should be questioned to the whole.

And I feel that it's pretty cut and dry. You're either in, or you're out and if you're out. You're not privvy to the things this society offers because you've made a choice to reject it.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:10 pm

When you start endangering the lives of others is when I stop giving a **** about your feelings. I don't care if you're republican, democrat, independent, or just an dadhole. If you're not vaccinated due to political or religious beliefs, you deserve all of the bloodlust and hate. I don't hate republicans. I hate selfish antivax NTP66s who are clogging up hospitals and keeping a pandemic going.
This is where I'm at, and have been for a while now. If you're voluntarily unvaxxed at this point - however you are sorted demographically - you can f**k right the f**k off, and I hope however and whenever you meet your eventual demise it is painful and takes a while. It just so happens that at this moment in time, there is a very distinct and clearly identifiable demographic that comprises the overwhelming majority of this population.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 pm

I grew up in Bedford County PA... Trump received over 80% of the vote both elections. I am friends with many MAGA nut jobs. You can be pissed about how idiotic and selfish they are and still go home and have a beer with them and call them retarded for their thoughts and beliefs. Know how I know this is possible? I do it.

Just because I think they are a drain on society's progression forward doesn't mean I hate them all and want them all dead.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:17 pm

There are layers to this, it’s absurd that figures on the right like Kirk and Carlson are pandering to any anti-vax cause.

Who am I supposed to by sympathetic to here? The people that have been too lazy or unmotivated to this point? F them or the obstinate deniers? We certainly can’t expect to be sympathetic to the people that are vaccinated but choose to pander to the lemmings by “opposing mandates” or “supporting freedoms”.

We’re dealing with people living pathetic lives that just need the dopamine kick they get from engaging with other dimwits and fighting the imaginary cause of free vaccines.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:18 pm

I also grew up in a red county within a (currently) red state. Again, it's not republicans that I hate, it's those that are anti-vax/science/intelligence/whatever. I cannot have a beer with those people. They probably only drink Budweiser anyway.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:19 pm

I'd really like to see that all lives matter support picked up here, and these people practice what they supposedly speech, if anything. lol

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:24 pm

On a realistic note, not that this is going to stop. I'd much rather start to see people being charged through insurance, etc. If they're unvaccinated. I do believe they need to start either charging more at hospitals, or start figuring out a way serve people who have chosen to opt-in rather than opt out.

I've been reading a few stories here and there about people having life events that aren't COVID, not having room at the inn so to speak, and I don't believe that should be the issue. They really need to start building contingency plans around that.

There shouldn't be an an allowance over over-burdening.

Also, feel free to head on over to /hermanCainAward to see the types of folks that make up the unvaxxed majority, I would imagine.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:28 pm

Yeah, I'm all in favor of making participation in civil society as onerous as can be for the voluntarily un-vaxxed. However that can be effectuated - can't eat in-person at restaurants, can't go to concerts or live sports, can't pay the same rates I pay for insurance, etc - go for it. Y'all are numpties and you need to pay the numpty tax.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:32 pm

I also “hate” exactly zero people who have ever lived.

This is all just frustration boiling over into inflamed rhetoric. I lose all patience and respect for people based on how much suffering they impose on others without any justifiable benefit. Whether it’s continuing the poverty cycle in poor communities, shaming and harassing women getting abortions, being generally bigoted, supporting a fascist regime that has already cost several civilian lives, being anti-vax…you’re worthless. You don’t belong with grown ups and I hope you either fix yourself or remove yourself from society however you like. If that’s thru COVID, super.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:33 pm

I'll say it: I hate.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:36 pm

Yeah I definitely hate.

Nuge

COVID-19

Postby Nuge » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:50 pm

Yeah, I'm all in favor of making participation in civil society as onerous as can be for the voluntarily un-vaxxed. However that can be effectuated - can't eat in-person at restaurants, can't go to concerts or live sports, can't pay the same rates I pay for insurance, etc - go for it. Y'all are numpties and you need to pay the numpty tax.
Living in rural PA, I can tell you that there is absolutely no way that restaurant owners would enforce a vaccine mandate around here. They're barely hanging on as it is. I would love to see a vaccine requirement to do things, but it's definitely not feasible in this area (our vax rate is 50ish%). Combine that with the fact that our DA has been very anti-mask/anti-lockdown, I don't see anyway to force them to do so unless the state would shut them down.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:59 pm

I'm with geno on this. There's too much bloodlust and hate for the poor in this and the political thread. It's mainly driven by an individual poster, but there are seeds of it in others.

Yes, these people are dumb, selfish, and mainly Trump supporters (redundant). So what? I think the snobbery portrayed by people on the opposite side of the spectrum fuels their desire to be different. It's definitely what got Trump elected in the first place.

This is what is wrong with America. We're a conglomeration of different people: economic status, race, religion, sexual orientation, you name it. But we all hate each other because we're different. The people shooting down the poor are as much **** idiots than the anti-vaxxers.
Not done with this hunk of confusion quite yet

You’re blaming people on the left for Trump being elected and still expect to be taken seriously. “Look what you made me do!” Is your argument. That grown ups propping up a fascist is somehow my fault and people like me. That seeing 600k dead people and still going “I’m with him!” Is because people are snobby.

These arguments from 2018 or so have been obliterated by the hard proof that these people have been waiting for permission to be obscene for a long time, and he grants them their wish. That’s why Trump wins.

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:11 pm

Living in rural PA, I can tell you that there is absolutely no way that restaurant owners would enforce a vaccine mandate around here. They're barely hanging on as it is. I would love to see a vaccine requirement to do things, but it's definitely not feasible in this area (our vax rate is 50ish%). Combine that with the fact that our DA has been very anti-mask/anti-lockdown, I don't see anyway to force them to do so unless the state would shut them down.
Make it mandatory. We have a system here where the state health dept generates a QR code for vax records that's unique to each patient. Make it so that the restaurant has to have at least 1 QR scan for every ticket. Monthly audits with a financial penalty for every ticket that doesn't have at least 1 vax record scan.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:13 pm

#teamhate

I'd like to sign up to be the defensive captain, but I understand that this is voted on by the rest of the squad and will accept the results as they emerge.