COVID-19

MrKennethTKangaroo

COVID-19

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:52 pm

To go along with what KTK said, a bunch of friends went up to that one clinic in Kittanning that couldn't fill appointments and got their shots.

I think that says more about the population of Kittanning than it does about the people getting shots out of order.
I read (or heard) somewhere that PA was distributing more vaccines to places with more olds. Wikipedia (a rock solid source) says 18% of Armstrong county is over 65. That compares to 15.4% in the entire state. Indexmundi (whatever that is) got some data from some government source that seems to be more recent, and Armstrong is 22% olds and 10th oldest county out of 67 counties.

So if there are about 65,000 people in Armstrong county, and 22% are olds, that means there are like 14,000 olds there. i dont know how many shots ACMH got, but if you apply that 65% ratio that i quoted earlier, that means there are like 5,000 unvaccinated olds left in Armstrong. I try not to draw too many conclusions about people not wanting the vaccine based on politics, but i will draw the conclusion that there aren't a lot of people in Armstrong County and they probably got too many shots due to the oldness of the county.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:13 pm

If the quote I posted from the trib is true, there is zero reason to stick with this 1A nonsense. If 65% of the olds are already vaccinated, and at LEAST 20% of the olds have no interest in a vaccination, that leaves 15% of the olds (at most) plus preexisting condition people left. In the past week, my parents got word from friends that there were extra vaccines in Bedford, Fayette, and Armstrong county in the past week. We are getting more doses by the day and the number of people interested/able to get them in the 1A group is shrinking. Why is the state govt sitting around whacking their puds right now? Open it up to everyone instead of letting these shots go up for grabs for those that can afford to stop what they are doing and drive to bumblefuq PA to get a shot.
I saw it from a 2nd source. 66.2% of 65+ Pennsylvanians have at least 1 dose.

willeyeam

COVID-19

Postby willeyeam » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:39 pm

Randomly broke out in hives tonight. Never happened in my life before. Cool. Thanks Pfizer

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:46 pm

Wow, what a loser...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:46 pm

Randomly broke out in hives tonight. Never happened in my life before. Cool. Thanks Pfizer
Side effect when losers get the winners vaccine. That is the loserness trying to escape your body

willeyeam

COVID-19

Postby willeyeam » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:51 pm

This don't make no sense

Sam's Drunk Dog

COVID-19

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:59 pm

I've read that is a possible side effect. Taking Benadryl is supposed to help, but if it gets worse or there is no improvement you might need to go to the hospital.

willeyeam

COVID-19

Postby willeyeam » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:00 pm

4 days later seems odd though. Took some benadryl we'll see where the night takes me

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:01 pm

Do people still have friends posting pictures with their Vax card? I do and it's really annoying

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:37 pm

I randomly started breaking out in hives last year. Went to an allergist and they said I’m not allergic to anything

Fun times

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:02 am

Do people still have friends posting pictures with their Vax card? I do and it's really annoying
If you got your vaccine and didn’t post a selfie with your card, did you really get your vaccine?

The best is the majority of my friends who have posted this **** lied to get into 1A.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:07 am

If you got your vaccine and didn’t post a selfie with your card, did you really get your vaccine?

The best is the majority of my friends who have posted this **** lied to get into 1A.
Is anyone calling them out for it?

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:08 am

When the nurse game me my card she suggested taking a photo of it in case I misplaced/lost it.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:24 am

was she implying that you can show people a photo of the card as proof? seems sketch

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:27 am

was she implying that you can show people a photo of the card as proof? seems sketch
I didn't take it that way.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:50 am

Not directly. I’ve seen two people ask how they got it but both of those comments were ignored. I would think people who lied would have some shame but nope, it’s all about those likes baby.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:42 am

Who cares how they got it? Nobody should anymore. Just get it.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:33 am

:thumb: Yeah, I'm at this point now. I still agree that the older folks, teachers, front line workers, etc that are in 1A should have been first. But it's been what, 3 months? And there are PLENTY of vaccines now. So if you can get it, go get it. I don't think you are jumping in front of the line of anyone anymore.

MrKennethTKangaroo

COVID-19

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:30 am

Not directly. I’ve seen two people ask how they got it but both of those comments were ignored. I would think people who lied would have some shame but nope, it’s all about those likes baby.
I got a shot and i am about as far from 1A as humanly possible. Mid 30s, good enough shape, low risk job. But if my parents are getting 3 calls in one week about places begging people to come in or basically giving away shots to anyone regardless of 1A status, and i call up one of those places and say “i am not 1A and not even close” and they say “come in at 12:50,” well, I’m going to come in at 12:50.

Trust me, the irony is not lost on me that I took full advantage of my white privilege to cut in front of a bunch of higher risk people and get a shot. I’m also aware that there are plenty of garden variety progressive bureaucrats in the state’s department of health would probably be not pleased that i got a shot. I also get that as far as the pandemic goes, nocera has probably been in the top percentile of rule followers. And in this case, a rule follower would generally range between resentful at best or angry at worst that they have followed many rules at great expense for a year only to see a bunch of d-bags cut in line to get a shot.

But like everything else with this stupid pandemic, the more you think about it, the less anything makes sense. If anyone comes out of this pandemic being more sure of themselves and more sure of what is right and wrong in the world, they are fooling themselves. We are all just awash in our own ignorance.

But i got my shot, so roll tide.

slappybrown

COVID-19

Postby slappybrown » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:52 am

I got a shot and i am about as far from 1A as humanly possible. Mid 30s, good enough shape, low risk job. But if my parents are getting 3 calls in one week about places begging people to come in or basically giving away shots to anyone regardless of 1A status, and i call up one of those places and say “i am not 1A and not even close” and they say “come in at 12:50,” well, I’m going to come in at 12:50.

Trust me, the irony is not lost on me that I took full advantage of my white privilege to cut in front of a bunch of higher risk people and get a shot. I’m also aware that there are plenty of garden variety progressive bureaucrats in the state’s department of health would probably be not pleased that i got a shot. I also get that as far as the pandemic goes, nocera has probably been in the top percentile of rule followers. And in this case, a rule follower would generally range between resentful at best or angry at worst that they have followed many rules at great expense for a year only to see a bunch of d-bags cut in line to get a shot.

But like everything else with this stupid pandemic, the more you think about it, the less anything makes sense. If anyone comes out of this pandemic being more sure of themselves and more sure of what is right and wrong in the world, they are fooling themselves. We are all just awash in our own ignorance.

The earnest kenny post is the best form of expression on this website imo

Roll damn tide

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

COVID-19

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:46 am

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:07 pm

If you're over 65 or high risk in western PA, you can sign up to get a shot in at least 15 different places within 48 hours. Take your pick.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:08 pm

Anyway it took about 20 hours before feeling shitty post 2nd shot. Was doing yard work and am now laid out.

Wife woke up about 3am in pain. And no, not just because she saw me laying next to her instead of her boyfriend.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:05 pm

You didn't cut in line though, you didn't lie about your condition, you found a place that had excess supply and needed arms to vaccinate. There was a daily episode this week about the state of vaccinations. The dude asked the woman basically, do you have a problem with people cutting in line, and she was like "no, and no one should, this is a race between the vaccinations and the mutations, everyone that gets vaccinated is good, supply is no longer the issue". I believe the supply has actually not been the bottle neck for a long time, I am convinced that the issue is the different rules that states are imposing that are focusing on getting every old person vaccinated and equally distributing supply, despite it being easier to administer more shots in urban areas than the rural parts.

I am happy that I got it, it was probably because the rural hardasses in Kittaning couldn't be bothered to sign themselves up, so clinics had to open their floodgates to the pittsburgh city slickers. I am glad I didn't have to lie about smoking, I do think it's different to lie about your preconditions than to swap up an excess dose.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:07 pm

I’m there now. This was maybe a month ago.