COVID-19

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:33 am

My one and a half year old niece of currently being tested for CV-19 since she's had a 103° fever for a few days now that hasn't broke, and her mom is on the front lines (nurse). She has apparently been acting normal, and has no cough or breathing issues, which is a relief.

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:36 am

My one and a half year old niece of currently being tested for CV-19 since she's had a 103° fever for a few days now that hasn't broke, and her mom is on the front lines (nurse). She has apparently been acting normal, and has no cough or breathing issues, which is a relief.
Damn best wishes to your niece NTP. Please keep us posted, that is such a scary time. No surprise that she is acting normal, little kids are amazing in that respect.

A follow up on our family--everyone seems to be OK. My son's 103 fever broke after about 24 hours and he is back to his happy, normal self now. My daughter seems to be totally over her pneumonia. And inexplicably, through all of this I haven't had so much as a sniffle :scared:

offsides

COVID-19

Postby offsides » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:41 am

I'm just an old knucklehead that said this before, but if I was much younger say 20s or 30s, I wouldn't try to get infected, but I wouldn't mind testing positive. Get over it and then I wouldn't have to live like this for who knows how long.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:46 am

I'm just an old knucklehead that said this before, but if I was much younger say 20s or 30s, I wouldn't try to get infected, but I wouldn't mind testing positive. Get over it and then I wouldn't have to live like this for who knows how long.
Couldn't you still be a carrier?

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:46 am

Today's symptoms include fever, pain when breathing, shortness of breath.

It's been real folks...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:52 am

after teh two weeks? I thought that generally you're no longer a carrier once you shed it

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:53 am

The “old people only get serious complications” has sort of went by the wayside in the US

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:55 am

Today's symptoms include fever, pain when breathing, shortness of breath.

It's been real folks...
Be careful man. Drink a lot of water and if those symptoms worsen get checked out

RonnieFranchise

COVID-19

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Best wishes to all not feeling well.

offsides

COVID-19

Postby offsides » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:01 pm

Not sure if still a carrier, but I wouldn't have to be afraid to touch anything or going somewhere and catching it again.

Beveridge

COVID-19

Postby Beveridge » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:01 pm

offsides

COVID-19

Postby offsides » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Guess that is one way to be sure and get tested.

mac5155

COVID-19

Postby mac5155 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 pm

When people think about things like the grocery video above, and wearing gloves... Think of it this way...

You know that thick slimy juice that is in the chicken breast package it you have frozen it and thawed it later? Think of that as the virus. It's just for a stronger mental image.

Now put that slime on everything out in the world, everything at the store, knobs/handles/rails, bus seats, etc. You are wearing your gloves. The slime is just getting on your gloves, no worries, who cares.... But you are standing there and you put your hand on your hip, or touch your phone, or keys, or cross your arms, or scratch the top of your head, etc etc etc. Now that slime in on your clothes, phone, head, etc etc etc. You take off the gloves and get in your car. You grab your phone and put it in the stand/charger/cup holder. Now the slime in on you hand. Now the steering wheel. You're watching tv and how cross your arms, or sit back and put your hands on your hip/thigh. Now the slime is in your hands.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure... but you need to keep things in perspective and really think about what you are doing and how what you are doing wither works or completely falls apart.
yadontsay.jpg

mac5155

COVID-19

Postby mac5155 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:05 pm

Am I allowed to leave the house yet?

crusherstasiak

COVID-19

Postby crusherstasiak » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:12 pm

I hope things work out, tif. Best wishes to you and your wife.

crusherstasiak

COVID-19

Postby crusherstasiak » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:13 pm

PFiDC
Get well soon, dude.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Best wishes to all not feeling well.

Kicksave

COVID-19

Postby Kicksave » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:15 pm

R slash that happened

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:16 pm

Jim are you some kind of virus expert? I feel like you're trying to rain on people's parade for trying to be as safe as possible.
That's just it...are they really being safer. It's pretty obvious what he's saying...and it's pretty obvious that it makes sense...

In most likely scenarios, notwithstanding the post that prompted this, what you're doing by wearing gloves to the store is the equivalent of wearing a condom just for the oral and then going raw dog there after...are you better off, technically? Yeah, I suppose so. But ultimately, you're still going to be exposed in a pretty prominent way...

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:19 pm

It all makes sense. I'm just on the perception side of it. If whoever it was wants to wear gloves because they feel safer, then fine. I'm not going to give that person grief for doing it.

Whether it's safer or not, sure that's totally fine. I'd rather a person wear gloves because then it seems as if gen pop is taking it more serious, even though the risk is largely the same.

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:19 pm

Not directed at you but a comment on wearing gloves during things like grocery shopping, and I do support that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, just things to consider...
how many things did you touch (hold) that isn't in your house right now? (meaning where you picking things up at random, or just touch what you bought)
Did you touch the bags with the gloved hands that you wore throughout the store?
Did you take the gloves off before or after you got out your wallet, card?
Before or after you put the bags in the trunk (or back seat, or wherever)?
Before or after you reached into your pocket for your keys?
Before or after you touched your steering wheel?
Before or after you touched your keys again?
Before or after you got the bags out of the trunk?
Before or after you put your hand in your pocket again to put your keys in there?
Before or after you took your wallet out of your pocket and put it wherever you put it in the house?
Before or after you took the purchased items out of the bags, the things that you felt strongly enough about wearing gloves for while at the store?
Now go back and re-read putting "potentially contaminated" in front of the objects (bags, pocket, keys, items, etc).
I get what you're saying but short of wearing a hazmat suit and then quarantining everything I bought for 2 or more weeks, burning all the clothes I wore and only walking to the store because you can't risk contaminating your car because you put the bags in the trunk, I can only do what I can do. while I do believe this is a VERY contagious disease and certainly awful if you get even a "mild" case of it, I took the pre-cautions that I was capable of. I wore a mask and gloves and disposed of both before leaving the parking lot. I'd say about 70% of my fellow shoppers had some form of PPE and we all gave each other plenty of room. when this is all over will we know if I (hopefully) didn't get COVID19 because I wore gloves and a mask (for the record, I felt a little silly but rather be safe than sorry) or just because I got lucky that nothing I touched or places I visited were contaminated? we'll likely never know. I am vigilant but I refuse to let fear take over my life.

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:25 pm

R slash that happened
:thumb:

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:27 pm

It all makes sense. I'm just on the perception side of it. If whoever it was wants to wear gloves because they feel safer, then fine. I'm not going to give that person grief for doing it.

Whether it's safer or not, sure that's totally fine. I'd rather a person wear gloves because then it seems as if gen pop is taking it more serious, even though the risk is largely the same.
I don't think anyone is giving anyone else grief...it was just a statement...people are obviously free to do as they please as long as they don't do tangible harm to another...

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:36 pm

I would think you would benefit far more by carrying around sanitizer or Clorox wipes than by wearing gloves. Or not even, and just taking great precautions not to touch your face. Then sanitize when you get in your car, then wash when you get home. Then if you really wanna go the extra mile, go disinfect everything you touched between entering your car at the grocery store and washing your hands.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:36 pm

Albeit he did say, "not directed at you," but then his post went to go on about his glove wearing and how it could or couldn't be beneficial.

I think every one understands contamination is real and gloves may or may not help.

Read also - this isn't an indictment of what he was saying or it being negative in any way. I just fall more into the, do whatever makes you feel safe, even if it doesn't ultimately make you feel safe category, just wash your fricken hands.