Movie Thread

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:35 pm

I got excited, then remembered who was playing Batman.

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:36 pm

I got excited, then remembered who was playing Batman.
Bad take.

skullman80

Movie Thread

Postby skullman80 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:40 pm

Yeah not sure why Pattinson playing Batman is frowned upon. He is a good actor. Come a long way since twilight.

DigitalGypsy66

Movie Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:50 pm

He was good in Tenet.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:59 pm

Not a fan of his. Sorry for your losses.

dodint

Movie Thread

Postby dodint » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:57 pm

We also watched The Strangers last night with Liv Tyler? I feel like I've seen it before, but I thought it was good, and those movies tend to mess with me alot more than slashers do because of the realness. My wife was checking all the rooms in the house before we went to bed last night haha.
I played this for my wife tonight based on this post.

She bought in completely and was covered in sweat at the end. :lol: She is thoroughly creeped out. :lol:

We are watching Attack of the Hollywood Cliches to snap her out of it.

skullman80

Movie Thread

Postby skullman80 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:23 pm

We also watched The Strangers last night with Liv Tyler? I feel like I've seen it before, but I thought it was good, and those movies tend to mess with me alot more than slashers do because of the realness. My wife was checking all the rooms in the house before we went to bed last night haha.

She bought in completely and was covered in sweat at the end. :lol: She is thoroughly creeped out. :lol:

:thumb: :thumb:

skullman80

Movie Thread

Postby skullman80 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:25 pm

Halloween Kills is going to be a love it or hate it movie I think. They reallllllly upped the brutality and violence. Like alllooot.

Watched it in a pretty packed theater and it was a fun time. It's a bridge movie that can be a bit heavy handed for it's own good at times but I enjoyed it. The kills alone are worth it. Just great violent brutal stuff.

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:40 pm

Haha told you. How’d you like Liv?

dodint

Movie Thread

Postby dodint » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:49 pm

Had the range of a dead fish and was about as sympathetic. What I expected. But it wasn't that bad, she just didn't go well with the overly caring male lead.

I was delighted with the:
Sudden entrance and exit of Glenn Howerton. :lol:

AuthorTony

Movie Thread

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:55 pm

Halloween Kills is going to be a love it or hate it movie I think. They reallllllly upped the brutality and violence. Like alllooot.

Watched it in a pretty packed theater and it was a fun time. It's a bridge movie that can be a bit heavy handed for it's own good at times but I enjoyed it. The kills alone are worth it. Just great violent brutal stuff.
I didn't love it or hate it, but am solidly in the middle, ha. The script was pretty damned bad. I think it had the worst, corniest dialogue I've heard in a "real" movie in many, many years. Some of the subplots were downright ludicrous, even for a horror movie. I hated just about all of the town stuff. So out of left field. A couple spoilers follow.
The town is so traumatized by Michael Myers that they're willing to go batshit crazy vigilante but no one even knows what he looks like? Tommy freaking Doyle doesn't know what he looks like? They had his picture on the news broadcast. (smacks forehead)

I love a good gratuitous kill scene as much as anyone, but some of these were so blatantly there just to up the body count (I'm talking about you old couple who fly a drone inside their own house for no reason) that I couldn't even enjoy them.

Did anyone really watch Halloween 78 and say, "I wonder what Lonnie was up to? I think not. I also worry we're going to get more of those white trash bully kids who were picking on him in Ends.

The groups attacking Michael Myers were straight out of a bad kung fu movie. Let's attack one by one and not in a huge group so we can stand by and watch everyone get killed... one by one.

Some of the acting was abysmal. I mean, what was up with that bartender? Was he an investor? Did he win a contest to get a role in the flick? WTF was he even saying?

If I never hear "Evil dies tonight" again it'll be too soon.

All that said, I enjoyed probably half of the film. The kills were fun. I enjoyed the final reel/ending a lot. So glad they killed Tommy Doyle. Killing Laurie's daughter (who I just watched in 2018 and Kills and still don't know her character name) was a great way to end it.

Of all the extraneous side characters, I really liked Big John and Little John and hated when they got killed. I like the granddaughter and her boyfriend more this time around than 2018.
Overall, I feel like they had bigger ambitions than they had talent to pull it off. It's too angsty and self-reflective and the writing is no where near the quality to not make it all come off hokey AF. But as a slasher flick, it's a solid 3/5.

skullman80

Movie Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:05 am

I didn't love it or hate it, but am solidly in the middle, ha. The script was pretty damned bad. I think it had the worst, corniest dialogue I've heard in a "real" movie in many, many years. Some of the subplots were downright ludicrous, even for a horror movie. I hated just about all of the town stuff. So out of left field. A couple spoilers follow.
The town is so traumatized by Michael Myers that they're willing to go batshit crazy vigilante but no one even knows what he looks like? Tommy freaking Doyle doesn't know what he looks like? They had his picture on the news broadcast. (smacks forehead)

I love a good gratuitous kill scene as much as anyone, but some of these were so blatantly there just to up the body count (I'm talking about you old couple who fly a drone inside their own house for no reason) that I couldn't even enjoy them.

Did anyone really watch Halloween 78 and say, "I wonder what Lonnie was up to? I think not. I also worry we're going to get more of those white trash bully kids who were picking on him in Ends.

The groups attacking Michael Myers were straight out of a bad kung fu movie. Let's attack one by one and not in a huge group so we can stand by and watch everyone get killed... one by one.

Some of the acting was abysmal. I mean, what was up with that bartender? Was he an investor? Did he win a contest to get a role in the flick? WTF was he even saying?

If I never hear "Evil dies tonight" again it'll be too soon.

All that said, I enjoyed probably half of the film. The kills were fun. I enjoyed the final reel/ending a lot. So glad they killed Tommy Doyle. Killing Laurie's daughter (who I just watched in 2018 and Kills and still don't know her character name) was a great way to end it.

Of all the extraneous side characters, I really liked Big John and Little John and hated when they got killed. I like the granddaughter and her boyfriend more this time around than 2018.
Overall, I feel like they had bigger ambitions than they had talent to pull it off. It's too angsty and self-reflective and the writing is no where near the quality to not make it all come off hokey AF. But as a slasher flick, it's a solid 3/5.
Agree with everything you said pretty much. The dialogue and acting definitely was really bad at times and lots of the subplot stuff was silly and at times annoying.

I still enjoyed the movie overall though for some reason.

meecrofilm

Movie Thread

Postby meecrofilm » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:47 am

Favorite is singular and you people immediately turned this into a listicle.

It's meant to be a challenge.
I mean....it's close, but...clearly my obvious choice is Tim Curry in National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1.

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:14 am

I mean....it's close, but...clearly my obvious choice is Tim Curry in National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1.
I saw that film is only 21% on RT? Man, I remember loving that movie as a kid

genoscoif

Movie Thread

Postby genoscoif » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:09 am

What is your favorite performance by an actor. I’ll go first.

Val Kilmer in Tombstone
Robert Shaw in Jaws. Kilmer is a close, close, close second though.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Movie Thread

Postby meow » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:33 am

What is your favorite performance by an actor. I’ll go first.

Val Kilmer in Tombstone
Robert Shaw in Jaws. Kilmer is a close, close, close second though.
Shaw would probably be second for me, honestly. Good pull

LeopardLetang

Movie Thread

Postby LeopardLetang » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:01 am

Favorite? It kinda has to be Jean Claude Van Damme in Bloodsport then

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:12 am

Favorite? It kinda has to be Jean Claude Van Damme in Bloodsport then
How come you coach him but not me?!

meow

Movie Thread

Postby meow » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:13 am

Brick not hit back

LeopardLetang

Movie Thread

Postby LeopardLetang » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:28 am

Beautful. I forgot he had lines in that movie. I mostly nominated him for his facial expressions. Chong Li had the best lines and throat slashes. Also this has to be my favorite gif of all time then too.

meecrofilm

Movie Thread

Postby meecrofilm » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:25 pm

I saw that film is only 21% on RT? Man, I remember loving that movie as a kid
People are morons.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:54 pm

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:04 pm

Hmm.

meow

Movie Thread

Postby meow » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:29 pm

Sign me the **** up

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:09 pm

My only concern is that it’s a little crowded. We have Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman, and Falcone? It looks great though.

Colin Farrell is unrecognizable.