Movie Thread

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:34 pm

I truly disliked Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. That’s really the only QT movie that I didn’t like. I don’t count Death Proof.

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:01 am

I truly disliked Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. That’s really the only QT movie that I didn’t like. I don’t count Death Proof.
Boring and way too long. I really thought I would like it.

Troy Loney

Movie Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:06 am

It is my opinion, that these last two opinions are trash.

That was my favorite Tarantino movie. But, I’ve also been interested by the Manson story in recent years.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:14 am

I thought it was pretty good, Brad Pitt knows how to play a cool character and this was one of his best.

LeopardLetang

Movie Thread

Postby LeopardLetang » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:52 am

i guess i don't really like QT that much. some things he does are tremendous but many of those things are really not my bag. like i don't care at all for kill bill

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:17 pm

It felt like QT wanted to do a movie about that era of Hollywood but didn’t really have a good story to tell so instead we got that mess. It was an overly long circle jerk to an era I don’t particularly care about.

And even though I like Basterds and Django, those along with OUATIH feel like the same movie in different skins.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:50 pm

Margot Robbie and Samara Weaving are in Damien Chazelles new Babylon movie. The cast besides them is looking pretty pretty good

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:54 pm

Planning on introducing my daughter to Jurassic Park tomorrow for movie night. 4k HDR, DTS:X here we come.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:04 pm

Margo Robbie

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:06 pm

Planning on introducing my daughter to Jurassic Park tomorrow for movie night. 4k HDR, DTS:X here we come.
I watched it again over the weekend and I can't remember what my review was of the A/V before, but I thought it was much better this time around. There are definitely some soft spots with the I'll show you dinos at the beginning, but the audio rocked. Say it every time, but the Trex scenes is just unreal edge of your seat cinema. Man do I love this movie

robbiestoupe

Movie Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:07 pm

Let me know how it goes. I feel like my boys could handle it but the wife would veto it. Good thing for me is she works this weekend so I’ll have the chance to sneak it in

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:09 pm

Margo Robbie
I'm afraid to look how young she was in About Time, but yes, you are correct and I don't care how you spell her name.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:10 pm

Let me know how it goes. I feel like my boys could handle it but the wife would veto it. Good thing for me is she works this weekend so I’ll have the chance to sneak it in
Not telling you how to parent, but my view is it's good to get scared and this is a good movie to get scared to (any age).

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:11 pm

I forgot the T, sue me.

robbiestoupe

Movie Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:24 pm

Not telling you how to parent, but my view is it's good to get scared and this is a good movie to get scared to (any age).
I agree but I can tell your kids are a bit more accustomed to it than mine. This will be like going from 0-60 in 3 seconds for them

They love dinosaurs and are into camp crustaceous so they should be good to go

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:28 pm

I agree but I can tell your kids are a bit more accustomed to it than mine. This will be like going from 0-60 in 3 seconds for them

They love dinosaurs and are into camp crustaceous so they should be good to go
:thumb: My buddy just went from camp crust to JP with his 3 and 5 yr olds. They ended up watching all the movies after that.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:36 pm

Remember, the 'PG' in the ratings means 'parental guidance'. Guide them, in a parental fashion, and you'll be fine.

I watched Jaws for the first time as a 6-year old sitting 18 inches from our TV, and it sparked a lifelong fascination with sharks. The only reason I didn't see it sooner was because it wasn't on TV until 1979, and eddy wasn't my dad to make me watch it sooner.

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:44 pm

Counterpoint: As a 6 year old, my mom took me to see Ghostbusters 2 in the theater and I spent half the movie hiding in the hallway because of Vigo.

robbiestoupe

Movie Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:52 am

Welp, dad fail on the Jurassic Park viewing yesterday. I had googled whether it was on Netflix, and saw an article saying Netflix had rights to the originals starting in November last year. Guess I didn't check to see how long that contract was for, as it was a no-go as of yesterday. Ended up watching Night at the Museum instead.

Probably for the better as I didn't have the chance to setup the speaker system beforehand so we would have watched with the projector's sound, which would have been terrible.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:28 am

Welp, dad fail on the Jurassic Park viewing yesterday. I had googled whether it was on Netflix, and saw an article saying Netflix had rights to the originals starting in November last year. Guess I didn't check to see how long that contract was for, as it was a no-go as of yesterday. Ended up watching Night at the Museum instead.

Probably for the better as I didn't have the chance to setup the speaker system beforehand so we would have watched with the projector's sound, which would have been terrible.
Yeah, they pulled it a few months ago, I think. It was a no go for us, as well. Daughter insisted that she wanted to watch something else. I went to watch it the next day, and the audio was completely **** on my video file, so it wouldn't have worked anyway.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:38 am

https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/jurassic-park-i

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:39 am

https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/jurassic-park-i

MrKennethTKangaroo

Movie Thread

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:47 am

your garden is dying, you cant get the speaker system going, and you are depriving your kids of Jurassic park

get it together my man

robbiestoupe

Movie Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:55 am

your garden is dying, you cant get the speaker system going, and you are depriving your kids of Jurassic park

get it together my man
Life is hard, man. Also trying to get ready for new cabinets in the kitchen which means gutting all cabinets and tearing them out.

Next week we'll be in Hocking Hills which will be much, much needed

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:36 pm

Looks great. There seems to be a major change and a character was removed from the story entirely. I understand the reasoning and it probably streamlines the movie and helps soften a character, but I need to get the Broadway show out of my mind so I can accept this for what it is.