Worst takes on this message board

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:02 pm

Lol no, I was appalled by it.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:59 am

Morkle does have a handicap, so you never know. :lol:

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:10 am

Bored Jim...

Just read a bunch of threads on the BikePGH message board. Yoi!

Reading post after post whining about drivers yelling at the cyclists being slow or in the way... next thread cyclists whining about how pedestrians (on trails) are slow and in the way and they yell at the pedestrians to pay attention and move, and delivery vans being in the way, pedestrians in crosswalks being a hassle, etc...

Reading posts whining about cars passing bikes by "threading the needle" (moving over into the oncoming lane) and how it is illegal for 2 modes of transport (car and bike) to be in the same 9 foot lane.... next thread discussing passing slow cars in traffic and splitting lanes and such...

If you Google "hypocrite" there should be a link to that message board.

Did you know that cars should always yield to cyclists no matter the situation? Did you know that pedestrians should always yield to cyclists no matter the situation? Did you know that cyclists should be treated as GODS!!! no matter the situation?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:13 am

It's BS when cars pass too close. Complaining about pedestrians when your on a bike is definitely the dumbest thing I've seen today.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:26 am

Did you know cyclists have to obey the same posted traffic signs as motor cars??????

I've said it before, but I'll gladly share it again. One of the happiest moments of my life was the day I saw a cop on the Esplanade in Redondo Beach had pulled over an entire gaggle of like a dozen cyclists and was citing each of them for running stop signs. Nearly every person who passed them in their cars honked.

It is true that have a uniquely powerful disdain for cyclists. Not people on bicycles, per se. Cyclists. We all know the difference and the particular brand of creature I'm talking about.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:33 am

If a cyclist is trying to cut through stopped traffic, there’s no greater satisfaction than angling your car to the point where they have no choice but to stop and change course. They hate stopping. Because they are little children who throw tantrums after **** up everyone’s situation.

It really takes a certain type of brain to say, “ya know this completely non-essential hobby that i have that seems to just make people around me unhappy? THAT’S my jam right there.”

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:33 am

Cyclist here. I do know and, being also German, I do obey.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:35 am

I love cycling. I used to bike to work on occasion. But Jim's and tif's posts are spot on. You know who the "cyclists" are when you're biking in a group setting.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:37 am

I like the idea of cycling and the benefits it has to the traffic system. Cyclists that morph between car/bike/pedestrian standards to fit their situation are the ones ruining it for everyone. I'm not a violent person but I'd love, just once (okay, often), to kick a bicyclists into the bike lane when they're riding down the sidewalk on Penn Ave.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:38 am

Source of the post If a cyclist is trying to cut through stopped traffic
@tifosi77 is this phenomenon quoted above now a legal course of action for a motorcycle in the LA area? Every motorcycle was weaving in and out of stopped traffic on the 405 when we visited.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:40 am

I like the idea of cycling and the benefits it has to the traffic system. Cyclists that morph between car/bike/pedestrian standards to fit their situation are the ones ruining it for everyone. I'm not a violent person but I'd love, just once (okay, often), to kick a bicyclists into the bike lane when they're riding down the sidewalk on Penn Ave.
This is turning into the good take thread.

What grinds my gears even more are the joggers in our neighborhood jogging on the street when both sides have sidewalks.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:52 am

Source of the post If a cyclist is trying to cut through stopped traffic
tifosi77 is this phenomenon quoted above now a legal course of action for a motorcycle in the LA area? Every motorcycle was weaving in and out of stopped traffic on the 405 when we visited.
It used to be one of those things that was neither expressly allowed nor expressly prohibited. Riders would only get pulled over if they were being reckless. But a couple years ago it was made officially legal by statute.

I'm not a rider, but it strikes me a uniquely silly thing. There are studies that show it's safer, but my own personal experience is that you can't go more than a few weeks without seeing a rider nearly taken out by an errant lane change, while I've never seen a rider rear ended in traffic. (Prevention of which is one of the big justifications for lane splitting)

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:56 am

Agreed. Being visitors, we don't know every little statute in the state. I could have easily wiped out a cyclist or two if I wasn't paying attention.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:00 pm

What grinds my gears even more are the joggers in our neighborhood jogging on the street when both sides have sidewalks.
"You know why they call this the street? BECAUSE IT'S NOT THE FCKING SIDEWALK." -- NYC cabbie to a street-walking (...) pedestrian, with one of my friends as his fare

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:03 pm

There have been many good takes in the bad takes thread today. Clean it up

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:05 pm

Cabbies are, of course, way worse than cyclists.

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:11 pm

There have been many good takes in the bad takes thread today. Clean it up

This was not the reaction that I expected to the cyclist thing which is why I put it in here. "I" am usually the a-hole so I find it a little weird when people follow me through the door...

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:12 pm

Just goes to show you how appalling cyclists are. :wink:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:15 pm

Cyclists are bad, but joggers are worse. Much worse.

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:24 pm

I 100% do do the "threading the needle" thing that they described, but I have also been known to pass cars that are going too slow. (there is a cobblestone road where sometimes people don't even break 10 miles per hour... pass!) However, I wait until I can give the cyclist at least the 4-foot thing that you are supposed to give.

I am rather vocal when I drive, it's a problem, but usually the only thing I say to cyclists is "menace". It's my second favorite non-vulgar thing to say to people while driving behind "turn signal" to drivers that don't use their turn signal. That really pisses off a lot of people.

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:29 pm

People that cross the street without even looking. That's a no no even if there is a clear crosswalk. A mm high stripe of white paint is not going to stop 5,000 pound pickup from running you over if the driver is paying about the same amount of attention as you are. Is your "righteousness" worth that?

Moron

This is why I laughed when I say the report about that woman getting hit by a train last month. Idiots that don't pay attention...

(edit: Train, not trail)
Last edited by Jim on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:40 pm

Hmm, not sure about that :lol:

When I'm jogging, I always jog opposite traffic on the shoulder. The insane people that walk/run WITH traffic so they can't see anyone coming up behind them boggle my mind.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:41 pm

I am rather vocal when I drive, it's a problem, but usually the only thing I say to cyclists is "menace".
I called someone a 'smelly c-word' because she was taking what I deemed to be far too long to complete a u-turn.

:shrug:

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:47 pm

I am rather vocal when I drive, it's a problem, but usually the only thing I say to cyclists is "menace".
I called someone a 'smelly c-word' because she was taking what I deemed to be far too long to complete a u-turn.

:shrug:

I use excessive amounts of colorful language... that's why I said that that was my second favorite non-vulgar thing to say. I have made both my mother and my sister cry at things that I have yelled at people while driving.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:06 pm

People that cross the street without even looking. That's a no no even if there is a clear crosswalk. A mm high stripe of white paint is not going to stop 5,000 pound pickup from running you over if the driver is paying about the same amount of attention as you are. Is your "righteousness" worth that?

Moron

This is why I laughed when I say the report about that woman getting hit by a trail last month. Idiots that don't pay attention...
That is horseshit.

I live near a clearly marked cross walk where in most cases you have to walk into oncoming traffic to force cars to yield for pedestrian crossing. I'm just waiting for the day that I get hit in a cross walk and am just praying that the driver is insured so that I can retire on my injury settlement.