ITT, name every concert you've ever seen

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:55 am

You are now to blame for not telling me, thanks gaucho

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:41 am

Hmmm... Todd Rundgren sounded good but seemed like he’s prefer to be anywhere else.

Rascal Flatts as part of a festival was just terrible.
Rascal Flatts was terrible in concert. We saw them at the SBC in Camden as a part of the XTU summer series. No charisma or excitement.
We probably were at the same show.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:10 pm

Pearl Jam had zero on-stage presence. It was like, "Okay, I see like 5 dudes up there doing stuff, but...... do I?"

Local FM rock station (KROQ) hosts an annual festival called the Weenie Roast, and on the bill in 2000 I got to see Everclear massively stink it up. The Offspring said, "Hold my beer," and then brought Pauly Shore on stage with them. Later, Creed happened, followed by Limp Bizkit. But that was okay, because No Doubt was great and Stone Temple Pilots absolutely slayed. Further, once Limp Bizkit left the stage, the day was wrapping up with Ozzy Osbourne and Korn, who were the two acts I was most excited to see.

1 song into Ozzy's set, after sitting through something like 8 of the worst hours of 'music' in human history, my date was like, "Let's go." :|

I also saw Hanoi Rocks once, and I swear they played the same song twice.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:23 pm

Worst concert was Nirvana, worst band some Swedish band whose name I can't recall.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:37 pm

Marshall Tucker Band opened at a radio station charity motorcycle ride/ concert. After hundreds of bikers rode together from Century-Link Field to the amphitheater, They go up there and proceed to play the laziest, softest p***y-ass s*** I've ever heard. At one point he was trying some singalong crap to a song that nobody knows, and said "I'm not finishing the song unless yall sing with me!" Thankfully he f'd off and the Radio station's band came up after. they were way better than you'd expect, and then Kenny Wayne Sheppard got my ears pregnant.

James Bay was crap as well, but to be fair to him, I don't know, he sucks, F*** him too.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:40 pm

Oh wait, maybe worst concert was St. Vitus, because singer Dave Wyndorf was busted in Norway for possession, which left the band without their singer. Guitarist David Chandler sang, which he's not good at, even more so that night ashe was visibly p'd off.

Actually, it was sort of great.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:53 am

Guess I should probably answer the question for worst concert since I posted it.

Galactic Empire/Mac Sabbath, Mr. Smalls, 2018.

Actually Galactic Empire wasn't as terrible. I'm not a big Star Wars fan so there was some stuff I did recognize but I think I spent most of their set peoplewatching. But I'm 99% sure I've heard similar bands in Star Wars cosplay playing the same stuff at ReplayFX, so it's not like this was something unique. Who knows, maybe it was the same band.

I know I probably shouldn't hate on this too much since they are what I thought they were, but Mac Sabbath seemed like an SNL skit that went on for entirely too long. Like I get the joke and should have known what I was getting myself into, but there was no way I was sitting through that for almost an hour. I made it three songs in, decided I heard enough, and made my way to the doors.

But if we're talking legit bands, I might have to think about this one. Even looking at my list from earlier in this thread, there wasn't anything that I'd consider to be too terrible.

Mayhemfest kinda sucked but I got to see Motorhead and Slayer in the same show, so I can't bring myself to list that one even if the lineup was 90% suck.
The first NIN show that I saw at Metropol, I remember Trent just powering through his setlist and getting the hell out with almost no interaction with the crowd. I don't know if it had to do with the weather (bunch of us got stuck in Pittsburgh because of the snow and stayed in some shitty hotel afterwards) or if that was just how he was at the time. But the set itself was good, so I'd have a hard time listing this show too.
Last edited by iamjs on Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:54 am

Oh yeah, I forgot I saw pearl jam. They were/are terrible. I'd see kansas over them again

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:05 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot I saw pearl jam. They were/are terrible. I'd see kansas over them again
I've seen Pearl Jam about 7 times, including their PJ20 two-day fest at Alpine Valley. They were fantastic every time. You enjoy Kansas...

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:06 pm

Oh wait, maybe worst concert was St. Vitus, because singer Dave Wyndorf was busted in Norway for possession, which left the band without their singer. Guitarist David Chandler sang, which he's not good at, even more so that night as he was visibly p'd off.

Actually, it was sort of great.
speaking of a band missing it's singer for drug-related purposes, supposedly Keith Morris covered for Anthony Kiedis for a show while Kiedis was off buying drugs.
Morris even filled in for Kiedis during one of the Chili Peppers' shows in 1984. When Kiedis, who was off scoring drugs, failed to show up for the performance, the band asked Morris to fill in on vocals. Morris, who didn't know any of the lyrics, yelled and made up lyrics to the band's songs to get through the performance. In the Chili Peppers' "An Oral/Visual History" book, bassist Flea said "We got an opening slot at the Olympic Auditorium. But Anthony in all his junkie splendor did not show up. Keith Morris from the Circle Jerks said "I'll sing" and so we went out with him. We were just playing the songs and he would yell out stuff - whatever he could."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Morris#Off!

I'm still not sure if this would be the worst show or the best show.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:07 pm

I've seen Pearl Jam about 7 times, including their PJ20 two-day fest at Alpine Valley. They were fantastic every time. You enjoy Kansas...
:thumb:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:10 pm

Yeah, Peral Jam was awful. Like, please-give-me-a-refund-for-this-ticket-I-got-for-free awful.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:16 pm

I saw Pearl Jam in 2000, they were good back then at least. I really haven't liked much of what they've released since then, so I wouldn't see them again.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:30 pm

Pearl Jam is an awful band, so it's no surprise they are also an awful live band.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:31 pm

I don't like this thread anymore.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:35 pm

I saw Pearl Jam in 2000, they were good back then at least.
That's around the time I saw them; highlight of the show was they brought out a Ramone 'brother' with an absolutely horrific farmer tan sunburn.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:55 pm

As I said, I've enjoyed every PJ concert I've seen, but my absolute favorite experience was when Neil Young came out to close the show with Harvest Moon and Rockin in the Free World.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:11 pm

saw Gary Numan at the Thunderbird Cafe on Friday and he did not disappoint. Majority of his show seemed to be his newer stuff, which seemed to have a deeper NIN vibe to it, but also had a mixture of older songs too. He didn't interact with the crowd until the end of the show, which I'm actually fine with. I don't need to hear that "it's great to be here in _________" multiple times throughout the show. If an artist has history in the area or they regularly pass through, sure I guess that's fine. But don't bore me with that fluff between songs.

On a side note, his opening act (I Speak Machine) mistakenly told the crowd that it was great to be here in Philly and got booed by a few people around me and by a few more downstairs.

If you've never been to the Cafe, the hall itself (which is tucked behind the main bar) has a very Roxian-lite vibe to it: multiple levels with two balconies, bars on each floor, about 700-800ish capacity. That's probably because the venue is owned by Roxian Live.

Parking, because it's in L-ville, is garbage. They even recommend showing up early because of the parking situation. I was lucky enough to find a spot almost directly in front on the Cafe.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:51 pm

Ironic how there were parking issues for a concert by a performer whose most popular song is "Cars." :pop:

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:31 am

I've heard Gary Numan puts on a great show.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:32 am

@iamjs

Looks like you saw him just in time.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:44 pm

Looks like he was one of the ones that got it.

I just started looking over his twitter, and had no idea he was doing a doubleheader show in Detroit. You don't hear of many artists doing that.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:23 pm

Not exactly a concert, but I saw a screening of Star Trek II at the Carnegie Homestead Music Hall, followed by an appearance from William Shatner. Shatner spoke for the better part of an hour after the movie. He talked about Star Trek, a new book he has coming out, and his recent hop into space via Blue Origin. It was a little rambling at times, but I sure as heck hope I'm in that good of shape if I make it to age 90. He's in great shape for that age.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:13 pm

@iamjs

Looks like you saw him just in time.

This has to be karma for me seeing Numan two weeks ago.

I was supposed to see 7 Seconds tonight. They are on my short of list of bands that I want to see that I haven't seen. I get inside the show and notice there's no 7 Seconds merch at the table except a shared tour shirt with the other bands. Long story short, I get to the back of the venue only to hear that 7 Seconds cancelled because of COVID.

No word if there's a makeup date or if it's "we'll be back in another 6 years" One guy seemed to think since they budget around how many dates they have, capacity, etc., that there is a chance that they could come back in mid-April since it's between DC and Louisiana. I don't know how easily they could pull that off in less than 3 weeks or if it's even possible at all.