NBA

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

NBA

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:29 pm

All this for a guy who raped a child, resisted arrest because he didnt want to go in for it, fought off the taser and still reached into his car for who knows what. Its everyone else who's ignorant af.
I don't know, with you it might just be malice.
I'm sorry the kid raper who had every chance to be arrested without incident ended up shot. I truly am.

NAN

NBA

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:29 pm

I agree to some degree, but Kenosha isn’t that far from Milwaukee. This is legitimately something that affects their community. And this is the platform that they’re given to bring attention to it

I love sports and I love basketball. Selfishly I hope they reschedule the games for this weekend. But I applaud the Bucks for doing this
Yeah, I mean it doesn't kill me or anything. My day/evening will move on. Again, I just view sports as an escape. Literally the whole world is all political right now, everywhere you look. And sports have always been an outlet to get away from it. And now it has creeped into that platform as well. I just don't like it. I mean it's constantly now a question of who knelt, who didn't, who has the right message on their shirt, etc, etc. I just want to watch the players play, the coaches coach, and escape for a while.

Oh well.

Lemon Berry Lobster

NBA

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:33 pm

NAN

NBA

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:34 pm

PS, the Bucks have become my adopted team in this years playoffs (Raptors were mine last year and I lucked out).

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NBA

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:37 pm

I agree to some degree, but Kenosha isn’t that far from Milwaukee. This is legitimately something that affects their community. And this is the platform that they’re given to bring attention to it

I love sports and I love basketball. Selfishly I hope they reschedule the games for this weekend. But I applaud the Bucks for doing this
Yeah, I mean it doesn't kill me or anything. My day/evening will move on. Again, I just view sports as an escape. Literally the whole world is all political right now, everywhere you look. And sports have always been an outlet to get away from it. And now it has creeped into that platform as well. I just don't like it. I mean it's constantly now a question of who knelt, who didn't, who has the right message on their shirt, etc, etc. I just want to watch the players play, the coaches coach, and escape for a while.

Oh well.
They’ll be back, I promise. Just give them this. It might not mean much to you but I’m sure it means a hell of a lot to them

The reason why the country is in such a shitty place right now is because everyone lacks empathy. We make fun of people who we disagree with instead of trying understand them (and this absolutely goes both ways).

I’m not saying this to be dogmatic and I apologize for the “bad person” take, but this is a really good thing

NAN

NBA

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:43 pm

They’ll be back, I promise. Just give them this. It might not mean much to you but I’m sure it means a hell of a lot to them

The reason why the country is in such a shitty place right now is because everyone lacks empathy. We make fun of people who we disagree with instead of trying understand them (and this absolutely goes both ways).

I’m not saying this to be dogmatic and I apologize for the “bad person” take, but this is a really good thing
Oh I know. I know I'm just getting burned out with all of this political crap every single day. Everywhere you look. And I know I'm in a good spot in this world. But I'm also human as well and get cranky over things.

Gaucho

NBA

Postby Gaucho » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:51 pm

So do I. Apologies for my tone.

willeyeam

NBA

Postby willeyeam » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:52 pm

This is a political statement?

NAN

NBA

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:58 pm

So do I. Apologies for my tone.
:thumb:

NAN

NBA

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:59 pm

This is a political statement?
I just use that as a generic term for politics, social issues, etc etc

NAN

NBA

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:20 pm

There are reports that the players, union and owners are meeting and there is talk the players may end the season if the owners don't do something about social injustice.

That was reported by the same dude that broke the bucks boycotting the game. Also tomorrows games are unlikely to be played.

dodint

NBA

Postby dodint » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:51 pm

NBA goes away? Pity.

King Colby

NBA

Postby King Colby » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:54 pm

Paid part of the season is over. Much easier to walk away now.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NBA

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:08 pm

hockey reigns supreme

dodint

NBA

Postby dodint » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:16 pm

I am apathetic to the NBA. It's just kind of there, like wallpaper.
I don't think pro athletes are suitable role models, from any league. The flip side of that is that I don't hold them up to a higher standard either.

The NBA undercut its credibility with their blind eye towards China. Protecting their nest egg is fine, and prudent. But I am not exactly sitting attentively for a SJW lecture from someone like Lebron.

Play or don't play. I just don't understand how the owners (or is it governors now?) can have a tangible effect on the racial problem in America. Why should they be saddled with a task so incredibly unobtainable by such a small group? The unreasonableness of the ask makes the boycott look like insincere preening. Especially when it is so much easier to turn the lights out on an empty arena.

As for awareness? :lol: *gestures grandly*
Thanks for the heads up.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NBA

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:27 pm

I agree about Lebron and frankly I don’t want to hear from him anymore. Him shushing Morey was proof to me that he doesn’t really care, it’s all theatrics to make money

I think the other players are sincere though

nocera

NBA

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:29 pm

Why is everybody calling this a boycott? Employees don’t boycott their jobs. This is a strike. Carry on.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NBA

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:37 pm

I saw that posted on r/nba and I don’t get it. It feels very semantic

nocera

NBA

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:40 pm

I saw that posted on r/nba and I don’t get it. It feels very semantic
The strike thing? I’m so unoriginal.

It’s totally semantic. I was just kidding around.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NBA

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:43 pm

But that thread is like the third highest on r/nba and people are commenting that it’s “an important distinction”

really? Is it really an important distinction?

dodint

NBA

Postby dodint » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:44 pm

Semantically you can't strike with management and ownership. But you can join them in a boycott.

nocera

NBA

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:49 pm

Semantically you can't strike with management and ownership. But you can join them in a boycott.
I get it I guess. Man even when I think I’m being goofy I end up causing a debate.

dodint

NBA

Postby dodint » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:57 pm

Hah.
I saw the tweets earlier and thought boycott was silly too. What fits? Walkout?

Orlando Penguin

NBA

Postby Orlando Penguin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:58 pm

There are reports that the players, union and owners are meeting and there is talk the players may end the season if the owners don't do something about social injustice.

That was reported by the same dude that broke the bucks boycotting the game. Also tomorrows games are unlikely to be played.
I’m confused as to how the owners are gonna morph into lawmakers and district attorneys to help end this mess.

I respect what they’rebdoing and the message they are trying to get across. This bs with the police has gotta stop and be reformed. However, I don’t know how not playing games and kneeling really is gonna change anything.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NBA

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:15 am

I haven't seen the players demanding the owners do something reported anywhere

From what I've seen, the players voted to either keep playing or stop. Lakers and Clippers voted stop, all other teams voted keep playing