Politics And Current Events

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu May 19, 2022 7:02 pm

Let’s be realistic and just make it so that conception starts with just the tip.
Next they'll be after any spilling of the seed not during hetero sex.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu May 19, 2022 7:04 pm

My new garage punk band, The Seed Spillers.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu May 19, 2022 7:06 pm

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 19, 2022 8:21 pm

It’s odd (or not) when it comes to confederate statues it was “keep them up and educate the kids about it” but when you try to educate the kids about slavery and the lasting effects it still has on African Americans that it doesn’t have on white children they look to make laws to ban it, or tear it down, if you will.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 19, 2022 8:23 pm

They’re racists, so it makes perfect sense.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu May 19, 2022 8:47 pm

So most kids would never tell their parents they’re sexually active. The parents will find out when they get pregnant. And then obviously they can’t get an abortion, have no way of supporting a baby, so the parents will end up paying for and at least partially raising a baby. I don’t think these parents who support this are really thinking things through here.
I'm amazed that the religious right didn't learn their lesson after the failed war on drugs. Outright banishment doesn't solve the problem. People will still ****. People are always going to ****. The era of "premarital sex is bad" is over (thank jeebus). If they truly cared about the lives of the embryos, they should be supporting contraceptives rather than these Hammurabian laws

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu May 19, 2022 11:07 pm

People are always going to ****.
Well, some of us anyway.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu May 19, 2022 11:48 pm

People are always going to ****.
Well, some of us anyway.
don’t worry man, I’m knee deep in the poon with this lovely lady

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri May 20, 2022 1:01 am

An unexpected use of 'Hammurabian' on this Thursday night. Well done.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri May 20, 2022 6:03 am

I'm pro-life in the majority of cases, and I think the mainstreaming of abortion is sad on a lot of levels, but I do not want state governments banning it, because I know it's going to happen anyway. I would prefer the focus to be on preventing conception in the first place.

It's why I support pregnancy resource centers/nonprofit adoption agencies instead of groups pushing extreme legislation like this. A lot of that is based on both faith and just basic natural law, but it's not my role to dictate what other people do, no matter how abhorrent I believe it is. And again, it won't prevent it and will also cause a rise in infanticide I would imagine.

Between this stuff, Putin, paying $5.23/gal to fill up yesterday, the stock market, and runaway inflation, what a time to be alive.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri May 20, 2022 8:26 am

What a time to be alive indeed.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri May 20, 2022 8:28 am

I'm pro-life in the majority of cases, and I think the mainstreaming of abortion is sad on a lot of levels, but I do not want state governments banning it, because I know it's going to happen anyway. I would prefer the focus to be on preventing conception in the first place.

It's why I support pregnancy resource centers/nonprofit adoption agencies instead of groups pushing extreme legislation like this. A lot of that is based on both faith and just basic natural law, but it's not my role to dictate what other people do, no matter how abhorrent I believe it is. And again, it won't prevent it and will also cause a rise in infanticide I would imagine.

Between this stuff, Putin, paying $5.23/gal to fill up yesterday, the stock market, and runaway inflation, what a time to be alive.
What is mainstreaming abortion? Making it available?

Preventing conception? What like, birth control or abstinence?

Groups? You mean the republican party and the supreme court?

Glad that you recognize people are free to have different feelings about abortion. It's kind of like this whole straw-man thing where idiots pose situation that are clearly murder and conflate it with abortion (hypotheticals asking if a woman has a right to abort a crowning baby).

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri May 20, 2022 8:29 am

Yeah, this is why we need Dr. OZ in the senate and Trump back in the White House to fix all this ****.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri May 20, 2022 8:41 am

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:48 am

Source of the post What is mainstreaming abortion? Making it available?
I have the same question, because to me it sounds like he thinks people think it's cool to just have abortions, and advertise it that way.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri May 20, 2022 8:59 am

Wait, so I'm the only one going to abortion parties?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri May 20, 2022 9:02 am

This is kind of the story that is being told by pro-lifers... "Well if you support abortion, you support murdering half born babies!" No... that's not how abortion is done, that's already illegal, that's not even close to what actually happens in abortion clinics, it just is not representative of reality.

I love the one line when she says she's never seen what he's describing... "It may not happen in your practice, but it does happen." More or less, he's using "people are out here saying..." as his facts.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri May 20, 2022 9:02 am

Yay

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri May 20, 2022 9:03 am

I have the same question, because to me it sounds like he thinks people think it's cool to just have abortions, and advertise it that way.
I didn't take it that way at all. Maybe I'm wrong, and shad can chime in, but I think it's more of it being in the spotlight so much that it becomes an acceptable first line of ending an unwanted pregnancy rather than being more responsible with preventing the pregnancy in the first place using contraceptives.

Not going out and celebrating an abortion or getting pregnant just to have one.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri May 20, 2022 9:04 am

I can’t imagine one side would create a situation that doesn’t exist(but it could!) to advance their belief that it’s happening(it doesn’t)

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Fri May 20, 2022 9:08 am

Yay
Psh... that's old news. He said that back at the end of March.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri May 20, 2022 9:12 am

So the right is running on stealing elections?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri May 20, 2022 9:13 am

I didn't take it that way at all. Maybe I'm wrong, and shad can chime in, but I think it's more of it being in the spotlight so much that it becomes an acceptable first line of ending an unwanted pregnancy rather than being more responsible with preventing the pregnancy in the first place using contraceptives.

Not going out and celebrating an abortion or getting pregnant just to have one.

It is an acceptable alternative to having an unwanted child.

If you want to be a moral scold at people that don't use condoms....great, good luck with that.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri May 20, 2022 9:15 am

No, the 2020 election was stolen. They’re running on a platform of not letting that “stolen” election happen again.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:16 am

...by stealing future elections.