Politics And Current Events

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed May 05, 2021 9:54 am

Who is going to be around to pay for dodint's social security?
Immigrants.
They get the job done. :fist:

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed May 05, 2021 9:54 am

there's a relatively large segment of people who fear that whites will at some point be a minority in the US (likely overtaken by latinos) and that news is probably making them piss their pants
Then they should get to making more white babies.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 05, 2021 9:54 am

I don't think less people in this world is necessarily a bad thing.
Fewer bigots and mouth breathers would be lovely.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed May 05, 2021 9:54 am

lol did you guys see Trump created his own "twitter" on his website so he can blast out attacks to his enemies?
Kim Jong-un of North Korea, who I have gotten to know (and like) under the most trying of circumstances, never respected the current President of South Korea, Moon Jae-in...
Welp.

My guess is every "tweet" is reviewed by some sort of advisor before being posted so from a campaign POV, this is probably better for Trump than giving him free rein on Twitter/FB. And yet he still posts **** like the above.
Something like his 2nd or 3rd post was again claiming the 2020 election "THE BIG LIE." Dude hasn't learned/changed at all, and is still a domestic terrorist.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 05, 2021 10:12 am

I think Mueller did it by the book, but he was handicapped by scope, etc. when Barr came into play. We won't know, because nobody has seen the true report, and nobody seemingly cares about it. You would think if the liberals care about Trump running again, they'd let the people see that and talk about it.

I suspect, that nobody worked with their investigation teams, because they had no teeth to subpoena and follow-through on it.
That was all Rod Rosenstein who limited the scope. Barr just came in to lend credibility to the shameless actions the DOJ took to close out the report.

I am almost 100% positive that the scope of Mueller's investigation with regards to investigating crimes was public knowledge. This aspect of the report and the investigation was crucial. I, unfortunately, probably followed this stuff more closely, and informed myself more about this story than anyone here. And from the actions taken by Trump and co, I have a hard time seeing anything the campaign did as a crime.

I think it would have been important to have a more vocal, Leon Jaworski type holding press conferences and describing the investigation to counter false narratives. The issue never should have been whether Trump committed some violation of US law, it should have been the counter intelligence risks associated with the actions of the campaign and the gross unethical conduct committed by a campaign for US president.

The whole story of the Trump campaign and the unwillingness of the GOP to oppose his actions has placed me firmly in the stance that, as a party, they are unfit to govern, and the stability of the US governmental apparatus is at risk as long as they occupy the position that they do. Between permitting Trump to publicly collude with a foreign country for election assistance, to supporting his unwillingness to submit to congressional oversight, to extorting a foreign leader (remember Ukraine), to the eventual disaster of 1/6.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed May 05, 2021 10:13 am

People didn't have kids during a pandemic where they got laid off/lost their jobs and didn't have income to support a child.

This here is my shocked face: 😐

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed May 05, 2021 10:14 am

Y'all realize that it's not the mouthbreathers who are not having kids and that "immigration" involves people who agree with the mouthbreathers on Covid Vaccine reticence and unrelated social issues right? Joe Six-Pack and Ahmad from Algeria are pretty much in lockstep on the kind of politics that makes Shmenguin throw up in his mouth.

Besides that's not even remotely the issue with a declining population, as the social security note makes clear.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed May 05, 2021 10:16 am

according to this we haven't been above 2.1 births per woman since...1972. so I don't think this is anything new

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/U ... ility-rate

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed May 05, 2021 10:28 am

Unfortunately that's probably not where the birth rates are decreasing.

See the movie Idioacracy.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 05, 2021 10:28 am

Unfortunately that's probably not where the birth rates are decreasing.

See the movie Idioacracy.
See the movie? We're living Idiocracy right now, pal.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed May 05, 2021 10:39 am

Al-Qaeda, as you know, means the base.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed May 05, 2021 10:46 am

here's all of the issues with population decline: having to restructure the US welfare system for the elderly.

oh my. oh dear. better churn out more kids to continue to scorch the earth and work at starbucks with their $300K education bill.

we can solve the social security issue. what a thing to clutch pearls about. fewer people is an objectively better reality in every dimension other than not being inline with "go forth and multiply".

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Wed May 05, 2021 10:46 am

People didn't have kids during a pandemic where they got laid off/lost their jobs and didn't have income to support a child.

This here is my shocked face: 😐
imo pandemic related decisions for family planning will be felt in 2021 not in 2022. it takes 10 months to grow a baby - january and february were fine in 2020. i think this is more indicative of people waiting to get married and focusing on financial stability relative to student loans and debt but could be wrong

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed May 05, 2021 10:49 am

Y'all realize that it's not the mouthbreathers who are not having kids and that "immigration" involves people who agree with the mouthbreathers on Covid Vaccine reticence and unrelated social issues right? Joe Six-Pack and Ahmad from Algeria are pretty much in lockstep on the kind of politics that makes Shmenguin throw up in his mouth.

Besides that's not even remotely the issue with a declining population, as the social security note makes clear.
you believe procreation is your duty as part of living a servile life to a character in a children's story. and you most certainly aren't worried about climate change.

these are overly dramatic points, but they're at least connected to reality. but this isn't why you're concerned about population decline. cut the sh*t. we know what your deal is.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed May 05, 2021 10:54 am

imo pandemic related decisions for family planning will be felt in 2021 not in 2022. it takes 10 months to grow a baby - january and february were fine in 2020. i think this is more indicative of people waiting to get married and focusing on financial stability relative to student loans and debt but could be wrong
i don't know anyone who has been shy about making babies this year. in my little slice of the world, there's more preggos than ever.

so i don't know...doesn't seem pandemic related. having kids in general is impractical. having, say, 3 kids is a logistical nightmare. if you're a sentimental or god fearing type, this need not apply. but independent thought increases in every generation, and young adults aren't having a bunch of kids because they feel like that's what they're supposed to do. they're more and more making decisions about the kind of life they want, while balancing the increasingly difficult landscape of being a working parent married to a working parent.

and it's going to lead to the ability to protect natural resources and offer more opportunity per capita to americans. it's all good.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed May 05, 2021 11:06 am

you believe procreation is your duty as part of living a servile life to a character in a children's story. and you most certainly aren't worried about climate change.

these are overly dramatic points, but they're at least connected to reality. but this isn't why you're concerned about population decline. cut the sh*t. we know what your deal is.
With that how can I but respond. :lol:

You are like a kid who found a thesaurus. "If I use random big words and phrases that sound profound people will think I'm smart". :slug:

Btw, never heard the "children's story" thing before. Way to be unique. ;)

So why am I concerned with population decline? I mean other than the stated reason I gave for the post? What's my "secret agenda" here. :pop:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed May 05, 2021 11:07 am

what's the big word that shmenguin used there? "servile"?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed May 05, 2021 11:12 am

the "big words" thing is always funny. i was brought into this discussion for some reason. shame on me for replying.

but yes freddy - because god. that's why this topic tickles your brain.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed May 05, 2021 11:45 am

I really wish foe'ing people in a thread was an option.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 05, 2021 11:56 am

lol did you guys see Trump created his own "twitter" on his website so he can blast out attacks to his enemies?
It's like a WordPress blog, but worse.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed May 05, 2021 12:07 pm

what's the big word that shmenguin used there? "servile"?
:D

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed May 05, 2021 12:18 pm

It's like a WordPress blog, but worse.
Please tell me he’s using geocities. Lol

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 05, 2021 12:24 pm

Honestly, in my head I'm imagining it like the original Borat website. Like, internet circa 1996.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed May 05, 2021 12:31 pm

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed May 05, 2021 12:33 pm

it's just a simple blog. it's not that bad. or good.

if your website is ONLY a blog, it's gonna look like a wordpress site no matter what. once the integrated online shop and donation solicitation kicks in a little more, then the UX probably looks like someone with app dev experience built it.