Politics And Current Events

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 18, 2021 9:38 am

Nytimes editorial section is a god damn dumpster fire. The legacy dipshits like brooks, krugman and Friedman are all brain damaged. Stephens is an absolute joke, and all these former college liberal bloggers like ezra Klein, Bruenig and jamelle bouie are just absolute dullards. And that’s just the top tier idiots. Go down a ring to douthat, an insanely closeted catholic who was groomed by Buckley, Goldberg who is an active member of the Liz warren sphere, and this is all after they were able to shed off bari Weiss
i think this is sort of by design. the NYT is looking at the makeup of their staff as a big compromise where nobody ends up happy.

i also think Ezra Klein is good, aside from being a vegetarian.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 18, 2021 9:45 am

Nytimes editorial section is a god damn dumpster fire. The legacy dipshits like brooks, krugman and Friedman are all brain damaged. Stephens is an absolute joke, and all these former college liberal bloggers like ezra Klein, Bruenig and jamelle bouie are just absolute dullards. And that’s just the top tier idiots. Go down a ring to douthat, an insanely closeted catholic who was groomed by Buckley, Goldberg who is an active member of the Liz warren sphere, and this is all after they were able to shed off bari Weiss
i think this is sort of by design. the NYT is looking at the makeup of their staff as a big compromise where nobody ends up happy.

Klein is going to be like another jake tapper or chuck todd. His big thing is “what are we going to do about the polarization?”.

I don’t think he’s capable of processing anything outside of that lens

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue May 18, 2021 9:50 am

I’m surprised you guys are this familiar with editorialists. I can’t name one nor do I ever read them other than from this thread

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Tue May 18, 2021 10:05 am

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 18, 2021 10:06 am

Klein is going to be like another jake tapper or chuck todd. His big thing is “what are we going to do about the polarization?”.

I don’t think he’s capable of processing anything outside of that lens
Klein is like Tapper in that he doesn’t actually care about things, because the existential threat of the right is offset by his click revenue. But I think he comes at topics at interesting angles and is an impressive thinker. I also think his interest in journalism is greater than his interest in his own brand.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 18, 2021 10:07 am

I’m surprised you guys are this familiar with editorialists. I can’t name one nor do I ever read them other than from this thread
I know most of these names from retweets. And I like Ezra Klein’s podcast, even though I don’t like what Vox is/was.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue May 18, 2021 10:17 am

Are you not counting Chuck Todd?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 18, 2021 10:31 am

When I was young and impressionable, I thought Friedman, brooks and krugman were all providing valuable insights. Now, I think they are morons that haven’t had an original thought since 1999

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue May 18, 2021 10:35 am

Bi-Partisanship

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 18, 2021 10:52 am

Should have let the mob lynch him

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue May 18, 2021 11:02 am

Tom Cotton is a POS.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 18, 2021 11:03 am

Imagine being a spineless cuck like these people.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 18, 2021 11:20 am

The conflict is getting more attention here than it deserves, imo. 2 backwards groups in the Middle East killing each other with no long term game plan. A familiar story and at this point I don’t know why we all need to follow this.

It would be one thing if there was a crisper divide between good guys and bad guys. But you have bad guys vs bad guys and a bunch of civilians as collateral damage.

We can’t fix it, and whoever you “side with” doesn’t even say anything about your personal character or politics. It’s just a big stupid mess that I don’t think needs framed as a US crisis.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue May 18, 2021 11:25 am

You had me in the first half, not gonna lie.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 18, 2021 11:26 am

It’s obviously a grift. Just a highly dedicated pervert

Hmmmm...where’d your post go

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue May 18, 2021 11:26 am

Replying to a deleted post... @shmenguin :fist:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue May 18, 2021 12:01 pm

I'm traveling to southeastern South Dakota with the intent of camping in Badlands Natty Park in July but started doing a lot of research around local American Indian tribes as that area is rife with history (Sioux/Lakota tribes, Wounded Knee, Black Hills, etc). The tribe closest to the Badlands are the Oglala or Pine Ridge Reservation which has the second lowest life expectancy in the western hemisphere, only behind Haiti: years for males and 52 years for females. Teen suicide is 4 times that the national average and the county was previously the second poorest in the country (that was in 2010, I think in the 2020 census it's the 13th poorest)

it's really depressing as this stuff doesn't get any play nationally. the US continues to treat American Indians like ****

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Ridg ... eservation

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 18, 2021 12:26 pm

When I was young and impressionable, I thought Friedman, brooks and krugman were all providing valuable insights. Now, I think they are morons that haven’t had an original thought since 1999
I remember liking The World is Flat when it first came out.

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Tue May 18, 2021 12:27 pm

It’s obviously a grift. Just a highly dedicated pervert

Hmmmm...where’d your post go
eh
didnt post it to change anyones mind
just a disgusting sentiment that upset the stasiaks. that people trying to live their best and truest lives are subject to that garbage

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 18, 2021 12:33 pm

I remember liking The World is Flat when it first came out.
I think that it was just an extension of the ideas proposed in the Lexus and the Olive Tree. The Olive Tree book was better, the World is Flat was more advocating things as opposed to explaining the convergence of technology, capital and global economic development.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 18, 2021 1:17 pm

I voted today and noticed that they replaced the electronic ballots with paper ballots that you have to scan at the end to complete.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 18, 2021 1:27 pm

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue May 18, 2021 1:29 pm

lol this is real life

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue May 18, 2021 1:29 pm

This tweet fits in with that nicely:

I'd laugh if it wasn't so goddamn sad.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue May 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Some day soon, likely in 2022 some time around early November, Marjorie Taylor Greene will be made irrelevant again.