Politics And Current Events

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 14, 2021 10:17 am

I watched that season. That specific picture is as good as it’s gonna get, and those bewbs werent exactly artfully installed by her doctor.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri May 14, 2021 10:20 am

Those are what we refer to as sweater puppies
This is the second time in as many days that I've heard that phrase

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri May 14, 2021 10:21 am

Good on you mate

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri May 14, 2021 11:16 am

Good on you mate
Do they? They are real

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Fri May 14, 2021 12:49 pm

Only two countries in the whole world made it onto the official list of Russian enemies, approved by the Russian government today: :lol:

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... anicni_jhr

https://tass.com/politics/1289825

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri May 14, 2021 12:57 pm

Good, then can we start questioning why a bunch of GOP went over there a few July 4ths ago?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:04 pm

Things are getting very bad over there again.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/soldier-v ... ng-renews/
Two civilians and a policeman were reported to have been shot by Arab assailants in Lod and Ramle.
In Jaffa, a 19-year-old soldier was in serious condition after being beaten, and was suffering from a skull fracture and a cerebral hemorrhage, Ichilov Medical Center in Tel Aviv said, after he drove himself there.

In Lod, a central city with Jewish and Arab populations that has become an epicenter of the ethnic violence gripping the country, a Jewish paramedic was lightly wounded after being shot. Reports later said a second Jewish man was shot in the city, after an overnight curfew took effect at 8 p.m. for a second night in a row.
Arab rioters also torched a synagogue, the fifth in the city to be set alight in the recent violence, according to Channel 12 news.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 14, 2021 1:37 pm

I wish I knew more about history...like why anyone thought Israel could possibly be sustainable.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri May 14, 2021 2:03 pm

Things are getting very bad over there again.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/soldier-v ... ng-renews/
Two civilians and a policeman were reported to have been shot by Arab assailants in Lod and Ramle.
In Jaffa, a 19-year-old soldier was in serious condition after being beaten, and was suffering from a skull fracture and a cerebral hemorrhage, Ichilov Medical Center in Tel Aviv said, after he drove himself there.

In Lod, a central city with Jewish and Arab populations that has become an epicenter of the ethnic violence gripping the country, a Jewish paramedic was lightly wounded after being shot. Reports later said a second Jewish man was shot in the city, after an overnight curfew took effect at 8 p.m. for a second night in a row.
Arab rioters also torched a synagogue, the fifth in the city to be set alight in the recent violence, according to Channel 12 news.
I think this is a very one-sided story

both the Arab and Jewish populations are doing horrible things. Ultimately, Zionism was a mistake, but what's done is done. Unfortunately, the path forward seems very murky. I don't know how things get better without something catastrophic happening first. The area has been marred by unrest for the last...*checks watch*...60 years. It's not getting any better too

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri May 14, 2021 2:08 pm

The video of the people pulling the guy out of his car and beating him on live TV while news presenters are using words like 'lynch' are absolutely horrific.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Fri May 14, 2021 2:13 pm

Like the video of a 14 story apartment building coming down in Gaza. War sucks

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri May 14, 2021 2:13 pm

also, in regards to the biases of the reporting, I feel like it's nigh impossible to get an unbiased, objective source from the area. Either a publication is pro-Israeli/Jewish or pro-Palestinian/Arab. I feel like it's hard to find one that's just reporting the facts without a slant

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri May 14, 2021 2:15 pm

also, in regards to the biases of the reporting, I feel like it's nigh impossible to get an unbiased, objective source from the area. Either a publication is pro-Israeli/Jewish or pro-Palestinian/Arab. I feel like it's hard to find one that's just reporting the facts without a slant
:thumb:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri May 14, 2021 2:16 pm

That's inherently baked into the cake, and goes to the earlier point about the folly of the idea of Israel to begin with.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri May 14, 2021 2:38 pm

Good times in the USA:
The Secretary of Homeland Security has issued a new National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) Bulletin regarding the current heightened threat environment across the United States. The Homeland is facing threats that have evolved significantly and become increasingly complex and volatile in 2021. These threats include those posed by domestic terrorists, individuals and groups engaged in grievance-based violence, and those inspired or influenced by foreign terrorists and other malign foreign influences. Social media and online forums are increasingly exploited by these actors to influence and spread violent extremist narratives and activity. Such threats also are exacerbated by the impacts from the ongoing global pandemic.

-Violent extremists may seek to exploit the easing of COVID-19-related restrictions across the United States to conduct attacks against a broader range of targets after previous public capacity limits reduced opportunities for lethal attacks.

-Historically, mass-casualty Domestic Violent Extremist (DVE) attacks linked to racially- or ethnically-motivated violent extremists (RMVEs) have targeted houses of worship and crowded commercial facilities or gatherings. Some RMVEs advocate via social media and online platforms for a race war and have stated that civil disorder provides opportunities to engage in violence in furtherance of ideological objectives.

-Through 2020 and into 2021, government facilities and personnel have been common targets of DVEs, and opportunistic violent criminals are likely to exploit Constitutionally-protected freedom of speech activity linked to racial justice grievances and police use of force concerns, potentially targeting protestors perceived to be ideological opponents.

-Ideologically-motivated violent extremists fueled by perceived grievances, false narratives, and conspiracy theories continue to share information online with the intent to incite violence. Online narratives across sites known to be frequented by individuals who hold violent extremist ideologies have called for violence against elected officials, political representatives, government facilities, law enforcement, religious or commercial facilities, and perceived ideologically-opposed individuals.

-The use of encrypted messaging by lone offenders and small violent extremist cells may obscure operational indicators that provide specific warning of a pending act of violence.

-Messaging from foreign terrorist organizations, including al-Qa‘ida and ISIS, intended to inspire U.S.-based homegrown violent extremists (HVEs) continues to amplify narratives related to exploiting protests. HVEs, who have typically conducted attacks against soft targets, mass gatherings, and law enforcement, remain a threat to the Homeland.

-Nation-state adversaries have increased efforts to sow discord. For example, Russian, Chinese and Iranian government-linked media outlets have repeatedly amplified conspiracy theories concerning the origins of COVID-19 and effectiveness of vaccines; in some cases, amplifying calls for violence targeting persons of Asian descent.
https://www.dhs.gov/ntas/advisory/natio ... ay-14-2021

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri May 14, 2021 2:39 pm

I’d say settlers using the Israeli court system to forcibly evict Palestinians from their homes in Gaza is what has predicated this current mess.

I think the nations that support Israel need to come together and find a way to advocate for Palestinians more effectively and use that sort of influence to diminish hamas.

But that said, so much bad blood and bad faith actors dominating the landscape that it’s hard to see how this isn’t just resolved by blunt military force

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 14, 2021 2:43 pm

Good times in the USA:
The Secretary of Homeland Security has issued a new National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) Bulletin regarding the current heightened threat environment across the United States. The Homeland is facing threats that have evolved significantly and become increasingly complex and volatile in 2021. These threats include those posed by domestic terrorists, individuals and groups engaged in grievance-based violence, and those inspired or influenced by foreign terrorists and other malign foreign influences. Social media and online forums are increasingly exploited by these actors to influence and spread violent extremist narratives and activity. Such threats also are exacerbated by the impacts from the ongoing global pandemic.

-Violent extremists may seek to exploit the easing of COVID-19-related restrictions across the United States to conduct attacks against a broader range of targets after previous public capacity limits reduced opportunities for lethal attacks.

-Historically, mass-casualty Domestic Violent Extremist (DVE) attacks linked to racially- or ethnically-motivated violent extremists (RMVEs) have targeted houses of worship and crowded commercial facilities or gatherings. Some RMVEs advocate via social media and online platforms for a race war and have stated that civil disorder provides opportunities to engage in violence in furtherance of ideological objectives.

-Through 2020 and into 2021, government facilities and personnel have been common targets of DVEs, and opportunistic violent criminals are likely to exploit Constitutionally-protected freedom of speech activity linked to racial justice grievances and police use of force concerns, potentially targeting protestors perceived to be ideological opponents.

-Ideologically-motivated violent extremists fueled by perceived grievances, false narratives, and conspiracy theories continue to share information online with the intent to incite violence. Online narratives across sites known to be frequented by individuals who hold violent extremist ideologies have called for violence against elected officials, political representatives, government facilities, law enforcement, religious or commercial facilities, and perceived ideologically-opposed individuals.

-The use of encrypted messaging by lone offenders and small violent extremist cells may obscure operational indicators that provide specific warning of a pending act of violence.

-Messaging from foreign terrorist organizations, including al-Qa‘ida and ISIS, intended to inspire U.S.-based homegrown violent extremists (HVEs) continues to amplify narratives related to exploiting protests. HVEs, who have typically conducted attacks against soft targets, mass gatherings, and law enforcement, remain a threat to the Homeland.

-Nation-state adversaries have increased efforts to sow discord. For example, Russian, Chinese and Iranian government-linked media outlets have repeatedly amplified conspiracy theories concerning the origins of COVID-19 and effectiveness of vaccines; in some cases, amplifying calls for violence targeting persons of Asian descent.
https://www.dhs.gov/ntas/advisory/natio ... ay-14-2021
Antifa up to its usual tricks, I see...

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 14, 2021 3:21 pm

The amount of handwaving of safety concerns I’ve gotten from Israelites and Americans who have traveled there with families over the years...I never bought it and have always thought people were mental for stepping onto that soil voluntarily. I get that it’s not a daily war zone. But this sh*t has been possible at any given moment forever.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Fri May 14, 2021 4:10 pm

Well, only since Isaac and Ishmael to be specific.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri May 14, 2021 4:31 pm

I was booted from the Felipe Vazquez jury pool about an hour ago. I told the judge that, while acknowledging that police officers are individuals with their own sense of right and wrong, policing in general has systemic problems and any testimony given by any police officer will be judged by me from a position of bias and the testimony would begin at a level below neutral credibility. The officer's testimony, in concert with evidence and other testimony, would have to persuasively overcome that bias.

I was excused immediately. So, @Shyster have a drink in my honor as your indoctrination efforts have had a tangible effect.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri May 14, 2021 4:39 pm

Well, only since Isaac and Ishmael to be specific.
:lol:

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri May 14, 2021 4:44 pm

I was booted from the Felipe Vazquez jury pool about an hour ago. I told the judge that, while acknowledging that police officers are individuals with their own sense of right and wrong, policing in general has systemic problems and any testimony given by any police officer will be judged by me from a position of bias and the testimony would begin at a level below neutral credibility. The officer's testimony, in concert with evidence and other testimony, would have to persuasively overcome that bias.

I was excused immediately. So, @Shyster have a drink in my honor as your indoctrination efforts have had a tangible effect.
Enjoy being on a terrorist watch list lol

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri May 14, 2021 5:54 pm

heh

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri May 14, 2021 7:55 pm

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri May 14, 2021 7:58 pm