Politics And Current Events

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:15 pm

FOX News, OANN, NEWSMAX, and C-SPAN 8 will cover it.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:32 pm

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:46 pm

Trump's latest complaint in AZ is they won't give up the router logs. Lots of remote calls to those Dominion servers from China in those logs I bet.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:52 pm

Not the Chinese but satellites from Italy.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:20 pm

One thing I never said was he'd drop off a cliff and never be heard from again. Time will tell though. I can only speak for myself and people close to me, we have no interest in putitng him back in power again.
The problem here is that....... how to put this......... he's never left power in too many people's minds. People like Kevin McCarthy. People like MTG and Matt Gaetz, who are the highest fundraisers in Congress at the moment. People like the people who vote for McCarthy, MTG, Gaets, Jordan, etc. Trump is still the boss, and he will be until the day he dies. It has nothing to do with holding elective office. They've utterly cucked themselves out to le Grand Cheeto. It doesn't matter if he ever holds office again. I mean, we're all better off without him able to pull the levers of power of the Executive Branch, but he still effectively calls the shots for the GOP in Congress, and it seems certain judicial appointees.
Fortunately I think he'll drop dead sooner rather than later.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:22 pm

He's in tip top shape though.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:45 pm

not sure if the official count of those dead in the Surfside Building but it’s 98. Awful

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:30 am

Honestly, if that's what it ends up being, it's a better outcome than I had expected.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:41 am

Honestly, if that's what it ends up being, it's a better outcome than I had expected.
agreed.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:17 am

Trump's latest complaint in AZ is they won't give up the router logs. Lots of remote calls to those Dominion servers from China in those logs I bet.
Ah yes, that's the next thing after the, machine audit, ballot audit, at the time of election audit, all came back clear I guess.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:23 am

tif found a new spot for you

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:25 am

Lemmings

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:28 am

It's funny these people wear t-shirts that say "Lions not sheep" on them.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:29 am

It's the ultimate form of irony right now. They are, in fact, the sheep.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:30 am

The more I see this stuff, the less resistant I am to very publicly shaming these people, or figuring out a way to have them identified as unvaxxed.

I'm kind of tired of it, and this country needs to figure out how to handle mis-information better surrounding this stuff, because no amount of PR campaign is going to work.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:34 am

I'm not really sure what can be done about mis-information like the kind these morons gobble up. You can put 100x more information in front of their face that is based on actual research, comes from real scientists and doctors, and is generally accepted by all in the community, and they'll still go with the 1 source that says it's turning the frogs gay.

Even censoring clearly false information just adds fuel to the fire... "They're censoring if information! What are they trying to hide?!?!?"

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:39 am

I have no issue with shaming unvaxxed people who die from COVID. their deaths were entirely preventable and it's a waste of human life.
your average person doesn't need to be "very publicly" shamed but anyone who was very publicly vocal about "the vax doesn't work!" as well as "COVID is nothing but a the fl*!" needs to be called out.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:42 am

The bigger idiots are the ones who claim that covid is all a conspiracy brought on by the world's governments.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:46 am

That's why at this point, I think you're past the kid-games and doing the PR campaigns of real information. You need to go to straight embarrassment, or start making these people identify as unvaccinated, that's IF you care about the delta variant to the degree they do and it's as bad as they're saying for unvaccinated people.

I just don't know, there's gotta be a point where they're going to have to go all-in and fight anti-vaxxers, or just take the hard-line stance and actually come out and say "do your own thing, but if you're not vaxxed and get COVID, we're going to make it so insurance companies won't cover your hospital trip, so stay home and die, or go to the hospital and die but your family is going to be bankrupt."

I've never been so polarized by people outright refusing a medical breakthrough to save the whole of the group.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:49 am

Most of these people will not change their mind until they or somebody they love is affected by this.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:50 am

Also, I look forward to insurance companies denying coverage for covid-related illnesses for the unvaccinated.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:53 am

I have no issue with shaming unvaxxed people who die from COVID. their deaths were entirely preventable and it's a waste of human life.
your average person doesn't need to be "very publicly" shamed but anyone who was very publicly vocal about "the vax doesn't work!" as well as "COVID is nothing but a the fl*!" needs to be called out.
Should be thought of the same way as someone that drives drunk and crashes into a ditch.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:57 am

That's why at this point, I think you're past the kid-games and doing the PR campaigns of real information. You need to go to straight embarrassment, or start making these people identify as unvaccinated, that's IF you care about the delta variant to the degree they do and it's as bad as they're saying for unvaccinated people.

I just don't know, there's gotta be a point where they're going to have to go all-in and fight anti-vaxxers, or just take the hard-line stance and actually come out and say "do your own thing, but if you're not vaxxed and get COVID, we're going to make it so insurance companies won't cover your hospital trip, so stay home and die, or go to the hospital and die but your family is going to be bankrupt."

I've never been so polarized by people outright refusing a medical breakthrough to save the whole of the group.
I think there are bigger cultural forces at play here as well. Like, at least in my experience, conservatives that have gotten vaccinated are still resentful about the vaccine, as opposed to being grateful that it's allowed them to safely go back to everyday life. So, the vaccine deniers are just an extension of that, true culture warriors willing to be a front line fighter against the libs and their vaccines.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:58 am

I'd have no issue with insurers charging unvaxxed people a surcharge like they do with tobacco.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:59 am

Good luck convincing these morons that climate change is not, in fact, a hoax.