Politics And Current Events

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:32 pm

Source of the post Everyone knows I'm against creating a welfare state
You mentioned the left wanting a never-ending welfare state yesterday, and I meant to ask what you really meant by that.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:32 pm

Kim Jong Un is such a babe magnet. Just naturally handsome and charismatic
probably a good thing that the Un clan looks like they have the testosterone levels and physical ability of the Wall - E characters on the space ship.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:48 pm

Or even the Kim clan.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:52 pm

Or even the Kim clan.
lol...long week.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:46 pm

I bet a Venn diagram of people who think it's possible to live a great life on welfare/public assistance and people who think prisoners get treated too well would be one overlapping circle.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:54 pm

I bet a Venn diagram of people who think it's possible to live a great life on welfare/public assistance and people who think prisoners get treated too well would be one overlapping circle.
Most definitely.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:13 pm

I don't think anyone would think they would live a great life. However I think it would reduce the incentive to become a productive member of society.

I think are some aspects that would work, and I think there are exceptions to every case. But I don't think whoever is on it will live some fantastic life.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:20 pm

"productive member of society". we're all posting on a message board instead of working. do we count?

that term is such hogwash. no one has to be productive. that's not a rule in life or civics. it's a way that people with cushy jobs talk about poor people.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:25 pm

Tax payer?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:35 pm

The sign of a legit crisis is when people get bored with it and it just gets solved a month.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:36 pm

Sara Carter. :roll:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:37 pm

I had almost forgotten what a competent administration looked like. This is refreshing.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:42 pm

Right, solved it, they just let everyone in and registered them to vote.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:42 pm

"productive member of society". we're all posting on a message board instead of working. do we count?

that term is such hogwash. no one has to be productive. that's not a rule in life or civics. it's a way that people with cushy jobs talk about poor people.
Ha. That's how the world moves forward.

Another great shmenguin analogy. I guess us posting on a message board in between calls or to step away for a minute = unemployed bums that have no desire to work.

Unless you have a legitimate reason for not being able to work, volunteer or anything (ie. illness, unemployed but currently looking for a job, caretaker), and you are just a lazy unproductive person, I don't care if you rot.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:43 pm

Another great shmenguin analogy. I guess us posting on a message board in between calls or to step away for a minute = unemployed bums that have no desire to work.

Unless you have a legitimate reason for not being able to work, volunteer or anything (ie. illness, unemployed but currently looking for a job, caretaker), and you are just a lazy unproductive person, I don't care if you rot.
you taking credit for "moving the world forward" in the context of this thread...wowza

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:10 pm

you taking credit for "moving the world forward" in the context of this thread...wowza
:lol: Man you love to twist words. Oh well. #threadchampion!

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:28 pm

Not to be a Grinch, but @DPRK_News is a known parody account...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:35 pm

I had almost forgotten what a competent administration looked like. This is refreshing.
My favorite is the lack of "WHY ISN'T ANYONE THANKING ME FOR THIS?!?!?!" I think that's the part I hated most of the last administration. No one came to give me a trophy? What??? This is some bulllllllsh*t.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:38 pm

My favorite is the lack of "WHY ISN'T ANYONE THANKING ME FOR THIS?!?!?!" I think that's the part I hated most of the last administration. No one came to give me a trophy? What??? This is some bulllllllsh*t.
Yeah. I dont miss the Twitter blow ups and those things as well.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:38 pm

That was all of right wing twitter after the SOTU. "Thanks, Trump, for the vaccine [that I have no intention of getting]!" etc. **** clown car cult.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:07 pm

Not to be a Grinch, but @DPRK_News is a known parody account...
:thumb:

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:26 am

Suit up ladies.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:34 am

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-mexico-p ... ideo-shows

Lebron will fault the cop for getting in the way of the suspects bullet.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:08 am

not really sure what reviled private citizen Hillary wants to accomplish with her chime ins. history's gonna have a pretty scathing take on her role in the collapse of America.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:13 am

She was such a bad pick for president it lead us down a horrible timeline. She needs to just go away and never speak on politics again.