Politics And Current Events

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:41 pm

#lolwut
"The President's use of the "crisis" label doesn't represent the administration's official position" -- CNN

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:45 pm

:lol:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:50 pm

After the UBL raid, there was a glut of shows on Discovery and History Channel talking about the SEAL Teams and such. Eric Greitens and Ryan Zinke were apparently statutorily required to appear on-camera in all of them.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:11 pm

the border situation isn't a crisis. left unchecked, our country keeps ticking.

the "crisis" was when the US govt was kidnapping latino babies on direct order from the president's cabinet. that's over. thanks for helping with that.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:54 pm

the "crisis" was when the US govt was kidnapping latino babies on direct order from the president's cabinet. that's over. thanks for helping with that.
Does the country collapse with kidnapped latino babies?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:10 pm

Does the country collapse with kidnapped latino babies?
if that policy was permanent? it's destabilizing, yes. but i'm willing to listen for a counter argument if you feel it's NBD

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:12 pm

ah *** it, lol, this too funny.

NAN: We care, we just don't let it ruin our day.
Also NAN: Is it a crisis if the our federal government is intentionally kidnapping children with no intent to return them for the purposes of inspiring terror at the border?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:14 pm

Another way to look at it is the zero tolerance family separation policy, instituted for the stated reasons, was in and of itself a kind of governmental collapse.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:20 pm

Another way to look at it is the zero tolerance family separation policy, instituted for the stated reasons, was in and of itself a kind of governmental collapse.
we're in this post-trump moment where things are recessing back to the before times, but his presidency as a whole was absolutely a "crisis".

Border kidnappings
No functioning Attorney General
Hostile foreign nations interfering with US politics
Unqualified diplomats everywhere
Whistleblowers being punished
Basically no oversight
A compromised congress
An ongoing attempt to steal the election by 1 of 2 meaningful national parties

These are/were all crises. If someone thinks that's over dramatic, then super duper. But we're still in an active crisis inherited from the last administration. The border, ironically, is something that doesn't have anything to do with that at this point.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:28 pm

Also NAN: Is it a crisis if the our federal government is intentionally kidnapping children with no intent to return them for the purposes of inspiring terror at the border?
I'm fairly certain (mainly because it's quite obvious) that NAN's comment was intended to expose the hypocrisy of your statement, and was not reflective of his own personal views...

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:30 pm

I'm fairly certain (mainly because it's quite obvious) that NAN's comment was intended to expose the hypocrisy of your statement, and was not reflective of his own personal views...
:thumb: Just trying to figure out what his definition of a crisis is.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:41 pm

ok, so then Trump's policy at the border was actually a crisis in your opinion, but you never really worried about it or mentioned it? were you unaware that it was happening? did one of the lefties post something that you silently agreed with?

i'm glad that you find that it was unacceptable. i'm not as glad that you continue to find ways to keep supporting the regime that instituted the kidnapping policy

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:50 pm

ok, so then Trump's policy at the border was actually a crisis in your opinion, but you never really worried about it or mentioned it? were you unaware that it was happening? did one of the lefties post something that you silently agreed with?

i'm glad that you find that it was unacceptable. i'm not as glad that you continue to find ways to keep supporting the regime that instituted the kidnapping policy
I think/feel that seperating families was horrible and not the correct way to approach allowing illegals into the country at the border. I also feel that you can't leave the border unchecked and pretty much saying we welcome all but have them confined at the boarder is irresponsible and causes it's own issues.

Sorry if I don't use denominators to look at complex issues and just write off issues if it meets your "if it doesn't reach baddie Trump level, it's a nothing burger".

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:06 pm

Party of white nationalism creates multiple white nationalist incubators for disgraced white nationalist private citizens.

I'm running to be the junior senator in a complete fly-over state, let me appoint a National Campaign Chair. Somebody is open for business.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:06 pm

I do kind of think it's one of those questions like, if you care about it now, where were you the past 4 years?

It's akin to the "don't listen to what Trump says, see what he's doing (even though it's the same thing)" talk.

Now, do I agree that a problem is a problem, and now it's just less of a problem? Absolutely, but there's a lot of "won't somebody think of the children?!" now when they didn't care about them being separated.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:25 pm

it’s time for Mike Lindell to go on a “hunger strike” if you know what I mean
I thought we were doing the altruistic "caring" thing today?

Wait... white republican Trumper. Not eligible. Carry on.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:26 pm

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:28 pm

I do kind of think it's one of those questions like, if you care about it now, where were you the past 4 years?

It's akin to the "don't listen to what Trump says, see what he's doing (even though it's the same thing)" talk.

Now, do I agree that a problem is a problem, and now it's just less of a problem? Absolutely, but there's a lot of "won't somebody think of the children?!" now when they didn't care about them being separated.
I would guess people, although disagreeing with how the family separation was handled, still wanted the stronger border security overall.

As for "what about the children", you are seeing more of that from Fox and other conservative media to play up the crisis when previously it wasn't mentioned, but on the flip side, you don't hear much about it from CNN and the other left leaning media when previously it was front and center. Just your typical agendas that each of them want to push out.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:30 pm

I think/feel that seperating families was horrible and not the correct way to approach allowing illegals into the country at the border. I also feel that you can't leave the border unchecked and pretty much saying we welcome all but have them confined at the boarder is irresponsible and causes it's own issues.

Sorry if I don't use denominators to look at complex issues and just write off issues if it meets your "if it doesn't reach baddie Trump level, it's a nothing burger".
Yes, so enlightening, youre against both extremes of what constitutes border "policy".

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:30 pm

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:34 pm

I don't know what other news outlets you follow NAN, but it's a main story (often A-block) on nearly every MNSBC show every day. They have one reporter (Jacob Soboroff) who basically lives at the border and does live hits throughout the day.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:44 pm

#CareGate is about broad voting motives across the 2 parties. and someone "caring" isn't an endorsement of their character. it's just a data point about what drives their civic participation. just an FYI about this budding supercool meme.

Separately, #CrisisGate is about what constitutes a *Big Deal* to an individual. a big enough deal to inspire a departure from political allegiances. framing the border as a current crisis is supposed to make dems take an honest look about Biden's response...to the residue left from the last guy. But there's no crisis. Just a bad situation that is on the mend. Was organized kidnapping something that inspired you to think/act/feel differently than you otherwise would - that's the point. "I didn't like it but I also don't like open borders" is an answer. Thank you.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:57 pm

Minneapolis is going to burn to the ground this week. Chauvin will likely be convicted on one of the charges, I would think...but something tells me the BLM/Antifa crowd will be looking for any excuse to go steal sneakers and set things on fire.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/us-news/27 ... n-verdict/
The Minnesota city has been transformed into a fortress over the weekend, with more than 3,000 National Guard troops drafted into the city and shops and businesses boarded up.

More than 1,100 officers from public safety agencies across Minnesota have also been brought in to help stem any potential unrest, as the city waits with bated breath over a verdict in Chauvin's trial.
It's crazy to me that businesses in a major metropolitan area have to board up their windows and shut down for this.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:19 pm

Yes, so enlightening, youre against both extremes of what constitutes border "policy".
Thank you.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:19 pm

Yikes.