Politics And Current Events

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:34 am

I'd rather brine my organs and worship cats as a scaffolding to the Egyptian Gods than not do something on Sunday.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:35 am

Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

(at least if I remember correctly that is what he said....)

(and this is in defense of what Freddy said. I am agreeing with him.....for the most part :) )

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:35 am

I do agree. I hate doing anything on sundays. Not because I go to church, but because I'm watching football from 1-11:30

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:36 am

I have come for a different reason, MIMH, definitely.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:37 am

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:37 am

Is Abrams going to wait in line for 8 hours for all these people to vote or something? She can’t do anything. As far as I can tell, passing federal legislation is the only way to prevent states from doing this.
What I mean is, if people need new IDs, etc., setting up the transportation to make that happen, filling out paperwork, that sort of thing. Not reversing the shitshow that they just passed. That should happen, too.

True, Georgia is screwed though, only hope is that Atlanta becomes more like Phoenix or something. I think for Georgia, it’s just a matter of targeting the voting patterns of the African American population for republicans to win. It’s not like banning mail in voting actually hurts democrats after 2020. It’s not like everyone who mail voted is married to that, it was the whole covid thing.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:42 am

People were willing to go the extra mile to vote out Trump. They could confidently tell their bosses, families, whatever that they were going to stand in line for 12 hours to vote. Abrams helped inspire that.

It is in no way sustainable. Civic participation is supposed to be boring. Making it arduous means it dies.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:48 am

People were willing to go the extra mile to vote out Trump. They could confidently tell their bosses, families, whatever that they were going to stand in line for 12 hours to vote. Abrams helped inspire that.

It is in no way sustainable. Civic participation is supposed to be boring. Making it arduous means it dies.
I agree. I just don’t think you can target the measures in other swing states like you can in georgia. I guess if the rust belt democratic governors all flip in 2022 that could be a problem, I think voter participation among the black community in those states is pretty low, so there’s no low hanging fruit to target and influence the elections. The problem for the gop is the suburbs in those states, and they need trump on the ballot gin up the rural vote, which is cancelled out by the lost votes in the suburbs.

So, voter suppression is bad, but they can’t voter suppression a trump win in 2024, especially after 1-6

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:51 am

Based on yesterday, everyone ok if a President never gives another press conference until the media apologized for being worthless?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:53 am

I get asked if Jack is short for John, which I then have to inform them that both are four letters.
I know Johns that go by Jack. I suppose it's not short for John, but it is an alias
It's a nickname.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:54 am

jack is short for masturbation, john is short for the shitter
And MIMH is just short
That's a fact Jack.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:55 am

Based on yesterday, everyone ok if a President never gives another press conference until the media apologized for being worthless?
Do you mean, “ will people stop making bad faith criticisms”. To which, of course not?

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:55 am

I'd be okay with the President being able to string coherent thoughts together.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:57 am

Yes, cartels, historically known for their heckling. That’s traditionally how they confront their enemies.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:57 am

Lololol.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:00 pm

Who changed the notifications?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:00 pm

If that's the best you got, keep trying.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:02 pm

I get asked if Jack is short for John, which I then have to inform them that both are four letters.
I know Johns that go by Jack. I suppose it's not short for John, but it is an alias
Yeah well they're posers and should be treated as such
can confirm

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:04 pm

Lololol.
What is funny about my post? Joe Biden can't string together sentences. It's embarrassing. And if you're attempting to make a point about Trump in anyway shape or form I didn't vote for him either time.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:09 pm

If that's the best you got, keep trying.
Well it's something I hold near and dear to my heart...oh nevermind...

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:24 pm

Privately funded? Who cares
Regarding the money in Oakland going to low-income black families only...I get what you are saying, but this project is being launched by the city and was announced by the mayor. It sends a message that poor people of color are more important than poor white people, no matter which way you slice it.

Not that much different than the UNCF. Or the COVID stimulus money being priority-routed towards "minority-owned" businesses, even as plenty of white small business owners have struggled too. All it does is serve to further stoke racial tensions/divisions.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:27 pm

Lololol.
What is funny about my post? Joe Biden can't string together sentences. It's embarrassing. And if you're attempting to make a point about Trump in anyway shape or form I didn't vote for him either time.
Yet somehow your post is still meaningless. Last 12 years of your team being President has led to zero days of articulated phrasing. You mention this now...for sincere reasons I’m sure.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:29 pm

Privately funded? Who cares
Regarding the money in Oakland going to low-income black families only...I get what you are saying, but this project is being launched by the city and was announced by the mayor. It sends a message that poor people of color are more important than poor white people, no matter which way you slice it.

Not that much different than the UNCF. Or the COVID stimulus money being priority-routed towards "minority-owned" businesses, even as plenty of white small business owners have struggled too. All it does is serve to further stoke racial tensions/divisions.
I mean...it does other stuff too.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:33 pm

it does other stuff too, but you guys can’t pretend to act surprised the next time a Donald Trump is elected into office

that program is actively racist and socially acceptable. No one (rational) is saying who’re people have it as bad or worse than black people, but there’s a level of anti-white racism which is socially acceptable and that pisses a lot of people off.

You might disagree with them, that’s fine, but I guarantee you that’s what led to Donald Trump getting elected

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:34 pm

Lololol.
Yet somehow your post is still meaningless. Last 12 years of your team being President has led to zero days of articulated phrasing. You mention this now...for sincere reasons I’m sure.
And all of your posts are meaningless so I'm just doing my best to catch up.