Politics And Current Events

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:48 am

I mean, when you're freaking out over a hypothetical of Trump not accepting a loss in the election, do you honestly expect the fact that Hillary and Stacy Abrams are doing that exact thing to not be mentioned?? How TF do you expect to be taken seriously?
Asking a question isn’t “freaking out.”
Yes, asking a question about something that has not happened is not "freaking out"; but then responding to questions about something that hasn't happened with a counter-question about things that actually have happened with "muh whataboutismz" is horribly disingenuous.

Also, speaking of disingenuous: the response by the in-name-only anti-war left to Trump NOT retaliating against Iran is LAUGHABLE... as are most responses from the unhinged American Left, broadly, anymore: "Sure, he didn't take the 2 clear-cut lay-up free-pass (in terms of 21st century American politics) provocations as an opportunity to expend ordnance down range... but obv he totally wants to, he just has to wait for a more perfect opportunity"... apparently? :lol:

Me, personally? I'm both STUNNED and mercifully GRATEFUL that a not-insignificant portion of my "tax" dollars managed to not be used to reduce Iranian men, women and children to ash. But that's just me... apparently...

Trump could own 45% of the property in the United States and he still wouldn't be the Real Estate magnate he actually is occupying rent-free space in the minds of the so-called American Left.
Yes, you’re the only one who values life.

The trope about how much the “so-called American left” (whatever that means) is obsessed with trump is cute. Social media is not an accurate barometer of anything.
Are Trip, factorial, Troy Loney, and WK an accurate barometer? He lives rent free in their heads.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:21 am

I’ll answer that with a question of my own. Do those people live rent free in your head? When they post something it often elicits a response from you, in the same way that when Trump does something it elicits a response from them. I don’t generally equate that with head space ownership.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:58 am

nobody lives rent free in my head because he often repeats that I want DJT to piss on me. I just can’t deal with it....I think about it alllll day long. (Golden showers, Grunty, rent free, losing my mind, ahhhhhhhhhh)

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:07 am

Commenting on illegal, immoral, unethical or just plain stupid actions by a sitting president as they occur isn't really letting someone live in your head. It might look that way, but only because this clown and his band of cronies does something illegal, immoral, unethical or stupid literally every day.

Now the so-called American right, with their continued obsession with HRC and Barry, that's some head space ownership there...

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 am

“Rent Free” = having an impact despite doing nothing.

...people screw up this expression constantly. Though I guess the claim would be that trump has still done “nothing” so far.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:45 am

I’m not sure this argument requires any consideration.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:47 am

:D

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:27 am

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:19 am

Just like all of your arguments.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:25 am

...people screw up this expression constantly. Though I guess the claim would be that trump has still done “nothing” so far.
In case he doesn't see this post, @Guinness.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:32 am

Like people constantly mentioning my name in this thread without me posting in it. Example factorial.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:44 am

Like people constantly mentioning my name in this thread without me posting in it. Example factorial.

You've been a regular for years in here, as has Freddie, and I was wondering where you were. If that's "living rent free in my head" then oh well.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:56 am

This premise only works if you’ve retired from shitposting.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:27 pm

I find it interesting that everyone is skewering Trump for announcing that he *wasn't* going to bomb Iran. I know that everything he does now is open to ridicule, but setting aside conventional politics, what was wrong with what he said or did?
Because even when he does something 'right' he cocks it up in uncommonly spectacular fashion.

The war drums for a military response were being most loudly banged by Haspel, Bolton, and Pompeo. The leadership at the Pentagon were all saying 'pump your brakes, let's avoid an escalation'..... In that context, how likely do you think it was that they actually delivered a strike plan that 1) used manned aircraft, 2) projected a dozen dozen casualties, and 3) if point 2 was accurate that they didn't include that in the initial briefing? 600 seconds before launch, POTUS says "how many casualties?" "You know what, that's a good question, boss. Wait one, let me make a couple calls and get back to you."

Come on, man.

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:30 pm

I mean, when you're freaking out over a hypothetical of Trump not accepting a loss in the election, do you honestly expect the fact that Hillary and Stacy Abrams are doing that exact thing to not be mentioned?? How TF do you expect to be taken seriously?
Yes, asking a question about something that has not happened is not "freaking out"; but then responding to questions about something that hasn't happened with a counter-question about things that actually have happened with "muh whataboutismz" is horribly disingenuous.

Also, speaking of disingenuous: the response by the in-name-only anti-war left to Trump NOT retaliating against Iran is LAUGHABLE... as are most responses from the unhinged American Left, broadly, anymore: "Sure, he didn't take the 2 clear-cut lay-up free-pass (in terms of 21st century American politics) provocations as an opportunity to expend ordnance down range... but obv he totally wants to, he just has to wait for a more perfect opportunity"... apparently? :lol:

Me, personally? I'm both STUNNED and mercifully GRATEFUL that a not-insignificant portion of my "tax" dollars managed to not be used to reduce Iranian men, women and children to ash. But that's just me... apparently...

Trump could own 45% of the property in the United States and he still wouldn't be the Real Estate magnate he actually is occupying rent-free space in the minds of the so-called American Left.

The trope about how much the “so-called American left” (whatever that means) is obsessed with trump is cute. Social media is not an accurate barometer of anything.
This is funny. Just one post after this I'm called a "Trumpster", presumably because I'm not expressing the appropriate level of suspicion or derision with regard to Trump deciding to not vaporize 150 Iranians. Hell, at one point someone (can't remember who - most of them all run together) said that Trump probably really does want to zap him some brown-skins, but this just wasn't quite the right situation. But yeah, he's not living rent-free in anyone's head. And yeah, I'm a closeted Trumpkin because I'm glad he didn't waste a bunch of people on my dime. That's a good argument. Real sound.

I mean, need I really say more than that?

Whatever the so-called American left is or is not, at least as far as this thread is concerned Trump is clearly living in rent-free in their heads. If you're not included in that subset - congratulations.

And as far as your snide comment about me being the only one who values life... I'll simply point out that other than shaf sheepishly asking the local left-wing-circle-jerk, "what's so wrong about what he said/did", pretty much no one else said anything about it being a GOOD THING that Trump did indeed called off an attack that would have ended 150 +/- (but who's counting) lives. So I guess YMMV, but there's that. Additionally, there's plenty enough evidence in this thread that several of the attendant leftists view life - particularly human life - as little more than "notable". Again, if you're not included in that subset, feel free to disregard.
Last edited by Guinness on Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:38 pm

Commenting on illegal, immoral, unethical or just plain stupid actions by a sitting president as they occur isn't really letting someone live in your head. It might look that way, but only because this clown and his band of cronies does something illegal, immoral, unethical or stupid literally every day.

Now the so-called American right, with their continued obsession with HRC and Barry, that's some head space ownership there...
Doing immoral, unethical and stupid things every day is literally what government is. That's practically it's definition.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:40 pm

My comment had much more to do with Libertarianism being a bullsh*t ethos, but take it as you will

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:43 pm

Ah. That's deep. Thanks!

:lol:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:26 pm

An Alabama megachurch will form its own police force after passage of controversial law
An Alabama megachurch plans to start its own police force thanks to a new law permitting the church to do just that.

The law, signed by Gov. Kay Ivey, authorizes Briarwood Presbyterian to "appoint and employ one or more suitable persons to act as police officers to protect the property of the school or academy."

A similar bill was proposed four years ago, but it was dropped by the Alabama legislature amid a public outcry over the Presbyterian Church in America's racist history, as well as criticism that the bill was unconstitutional and violated the Establishment Clause's separation of church and state. Briarwood Presbyterian is part of the PCA.

Briarwood Presbyterian's congregation is overwhelmingly white. Nearby Birmingham is two-thirds black.

The PCA is a conservative denomination that originated early 1970s Alabama. In 2016 it apologized for "racial sins" that included "the segregation of worshipers by race" as well as "the participation in and defense of white supremacist organizations," among other things.
Officials at Briarwood Presbyterian Church say that a police force is necessary in order to adequately protect its 4,100 members, including 2,000 students and faculty on its two campuses.

The church hopes its new security force will keep intruders and prevent trespassers from accessing the property, it said in a press release that was posted by CNN affiliate WBRC.

The officers will complete state certified training by the Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission. The officers will also be trained on the proper use of a non-lethal weapon.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:09 pm

So....Oregon huh?

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:06 pm

This is funny. Just one post after this I'm called a "Trumpster", presumably because I'm not expressing the appropriate level of suspicion or derision with regard to Trump deciding to not vaporize 150 Iranians. Hell, at one point someone (can't remember who - most of them all run together) said that Trump probably really does want to zap him some brown-skins, but this just wasn't quite the right situation. But yeah, he's not living rent-free in anyone's head. And yeah, I'm a closeted Trumpkin because I'm glad he didn't waste a bunch of people on my dime. That's a good argument. Real sound.

I mean, need I really say more than that?

Whatever the so-called American left is or is not, at least as far as this thread is concerned Trump is clearly living in rent-free in their heads. If you're not included in that subset - congratulations.

And as far as your snide comment about me being the only one who values life... I'll simply point out that other than shaf sheepishly asking the local left-wing-circle-jerk, "what's so wrong about what he said/did", pretty much no one else said anything about it being a GOOD THING that Trump did indeed called off an attack that would have ended 150 +/- (but who's counting) lives. So I guess YMMV, but there's that. Additionally, there's plenty enough evidence in this thread that several of the attendant leftists view life - particularly human life - as little more than "notable". Again, if you're not included in that subset, feel free to disregard.
You're very welcome to post on other topics but you don't. You seem to only come on here to tell everyone how dumb and stupid they are. Either participate or **** off.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:46 am

Obviously one has to be a part of the unhinged left to question the explanation from the administration. That being, trump approved the strike only to pull back after being told the expected casualties. Something trump would have been told before approving the strike in the first place.

I don’t doubt that trump has some reservations about starting a war. But trump also hired known lunatic Bolton, and trump sent his son in law to form a pact with Israel and Saudi Arabia, who want Iran blown to bits.

Iran is also full of bad actors, and trump threw gas all over that situation by violating the nuclear agreement. His moves are crippling their economy and provoking their response.

But right, let’s celebrate dear leader for saving us from a war that he’s pushing the country into.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:54 am

That’s still too ambiguous, Troy. Why won’t you state plainly that you don't want innocent people to die. Your bloodlust is out of control.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:05 am

I am glad that they didn’t bomb Iran on Friday.

I am not glad that bombing Iran is on the table because trump outsourced his Middle East policy to Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:29 am

I am glad that they didn’t bomb Iran on Friday.

I am not glad that bombing Iran is on the table because trump outsourced his Middle East policy to Saudi Arabia and Israel.
The Loonie Left personified right here. What you are saying is unhinged!!!!!