Politics And Current Events

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:40 pm

Well, he has a point. If you would have mentioned open carrying in a gay nightclub (or even concealed carrying) two months ago, you'd be laughed at with a snide remark along the lines of "What, you expect them to blast you with techno to death?". I don't open carry, or conceal carry for that matter, but it seems silly to pick out locations that are more ridiculous than others to open carry.
I don't fault for someone thinking anything can happen anywhere anymore. Airports, places with gun restrictions, are all open game.

If you want to carry a gun and you feel more protected for doing it, then by all means, carry away.

llipgh2

Postby llipgh2 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:41 pm

I don't fault someone for carrying, and I would imagine there's more people carrying that you don't know about, unlike the clowns that do the open carry stuff.
I know there are a lot of people carrying concealed guns legally and illegally. I'm not naive.

But open carry people are just that. Clowns.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:41 pm

Yes, you have a gun. No, Obama isn't going to take it. What a pathetic life you must have to feel the need to carry a gun to (citing PFiDC's post) an ice cream shop.
Yes, because there's no possible way anything bad could ever happen at an ice-cream shop. I guess every ice-cream shop in this country is protected by an anti-crime force field through which no one with criminal intent can pass, right? :roll: The ice-cream shops should probably pass that technology along to the people who run gay nightclubs, because those folks sure didn't have their fields in place a couple weeks ago.
I love your paranoid optimism...
What about movie theaters?

Churches?

Workplace?

A mall?

Open carry is open carry. Shouldn't really matter where you are, because history has shown, you can be shot anywhere.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:41 pm

Well, he has a point. If you would have mentioned open carrying in a gay nightclub (or even concealed carrying) two months ago, you'd be laughed at with a snide remark along the lines of "What, you expect them to blast you with techno to death?". I don't open carry, or conceal carry for that matter, but it seems silly to pick out locations that are more ridiculous than others to open carry.
By that logic, I find it odd they don't take it everywhere. Church, school, naked in the shower, better sleep with it close by (under your pillow works)

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:41 pm

it's mags or magazines, not clips.
Heh, I made the same comment the first time I picked up a gun, and was quickly corrected by my BIL.
I hate correcting stuff like that, but it is two different things.

columbia

Postby columbia » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:41 pm

I'd be interested to hear why somebody open carries as opposed to conceal.
Watched too many movies?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:41 pm

Yes, you have a gun. No, Obama isn't going to take it. What a pathetic life you must have to feel the need to carry a gun to (citing PFiDC's post) an ice cream shop.
Yes, because there's no possible way anything bad could ever happen at an ice-cream shop. I guess every ice-cream shop in this country is protected by an anti-crime force field through which no one with criminal intent can pass, right? :roll: The ice-cream shops should probably pass that technology along to the people who run gay nightclubs, because those folks sure didn't have their fields in place a couple weeks ago.
I love your paranoid optimism...
What about movie theaters?

Churches?

Workplace?

A mall?

Open carry is open carry. Shouldn't really matter where you are, because history has shown, you can be shot anywhere.
Yup.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:42 pm

By that logic, I find it odd they don't take it everywhere. Church, school, naked in the shower, better sleep with it close by (under your pillow works)
I sleep with it under my bed, within arms reach.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:42 pm

Heh, I made the same comment the first time I picked up a gun, and was quickly corrected by my BIL.
I hate correcting stuff like that, but it is two different things.
I didn't mind, and now I know.
I'd be interested to hear why somebody open carries as opposed to conceal.
Watched too many movies?
Yep.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Thank you.

I let the first one slide but after it was repeated over and over my brain was starting to itch.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:44 pm

I sleep with it under my bed.
Well, you already said you have a permit because you take it from your house to the range and back. Do you take it to get ice cream? To the bar? To penguins games? To work? If no to any of those why not?

llipgh2

Postby llipgh2 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:44 pm

To me, open carry people seem like they would just blast away randomly with firepower they are in no way capable of handling. And probably end up killing more innocents than "bad guys".

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:46 pm

Source of the post better sleep with it close by (under your pillow works)
http://www.adjunct.diodon349.com/attack ... olster.htm

llipgh2

Postby llipgh2 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:47 pm

I sleep with it under my bed.
Well, you already said you have a permit because you take it from your house to the range and back. Do you take it to get ice cream? To the bar? To penguins games? To work? If no to any of those why not?
Well, Pens games have metal detectors... so that would be awkward.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:47 pm

Who says they don't carry everywhere? People who open carry don't necessarily open carry 100% of the time. And if you might be saying that church and school are places where guns are unnecessary, I think there's plenty of evidence showing that's wrong.

columbia

Postby columbia » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Does Freddy carry at church?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:49 pm

Okay, who owns one of these?

columbia

Postby columbia » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:50 pm

Assuming that you have a sufficiently "dynamic" sex life, that could be dangerous. :pop:

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:52 pm

I assumed that was his sister.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:53 pm

I kind of want one now...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:53 pm

100% guaranteed.

columbia

Postby columbia » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:54 pm

Gun owner...so, entirely possible. :pop:

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:55 pm

BOOM.

BigMck

Postby BigMck » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:55 pm

I would be nervous walking around with a weapon displayed. It just seems like you are looking for trouble. Same thing with guys with fanny packs. Nothing screams "carrying!" more than a dude sporting a fanny pack.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:55 pm

Well, Pens games have metal detectors... so that would be awkward.
I carried concealed to plenty of Pens games before they installed the metal detectors.