Politics And Current Events

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am

So long story short, the mouse won, as usual.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 am

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

please god no one respond to that
I just want to know if he hides this batshit craziness in his every day life or is it like a, “He’s a hell of a lawyer, great legal mind, but don’t talk about anything other than work with the guy.” type of vibe.

I can’t imagine he has the ability to put that mask on for every day life.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

Mayor Pete getting blamed for the bridge collapse:

Republicans previously criticized Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg as not visiting East Palestine, Ohio, quickly enough after a toxic train derailment there last year. But after the secretary visited Baltimore on the day of the bridge collapse, Rep. Jeff Van Drew (R-N.J.) suggested without evidence that the visit was politically motivated and that Buttigieg was preoccupied with diversity policies.

“Well, this is an election year, so he probably, if it was two years ago might have been a month before he went at all,” Van Drew told Fox Business Network’s Maria Bartiromo on Wednesday. “He’s worried too much about pronouns, worried too much about DEI policies, worried too much about being the cool kid on the block. … I’m disappointed in the job that he does.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... onspiracy/

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 am

So is it Pete or is it illegals crossing the unsecured boarder or is it the black mayor or is it WW3? Pick a boogeyman already.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

Honestly, I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall of the Curb set the last few seasons with RFK Jr. in the headlines and now running for president. :lol:

I'm sure Larry is professional in front of Cheryl Hines, but he probably was having a blast with the other cast members behind her back.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am

There is a sub-1% chance the other cast were quiet about making fun of RFK. lol
Last edited by tifosi77 on Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

Welcome to politics in 2024

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

So is it Pete or is it illegals crossing the unsecured boarder or is it the black mayor or is it WW3? Pick a boogeyman already.
Mayor Pete russled him up a gaggle of migrants at Home Depot, and then personally hired a Black female high school dropout to be the harbor pilot. Them he used his gay wizardry to conjure favorable winds and currents to realize his dastardly ploy.
Last edited by tifosi77 on Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

Even better lol

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 am

We had an incident here in Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago. Some yahoo on Facebook took a bunch of pictures of a charter bus with brown people on it near one of the big resorts and automatically jumps to the conclusion that Sleepy Joe is shipping up illegals and putting them up in ocean front resorts in SC.

It was a church group coming for a conference.

Yet, this bozo manages to get the newspaper and one TV station to do an expose on it. The TV station does a stinger - "Did the Biden administration send illegals to a hotel in Myrtle Beach???? Tune in at 11 to find out!!!!" etc. The newspaper is paywalled, and who the **** watches local TV news other than during severe weather except for morons and old people...who likely already think Sleep Joseph is the anti-Christ.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

Unfortunately I learned that I can be goaded into looking at certain social medias like IG or r/conservative because I am a sucker for “ragebait” (something that’s really stupid that I can’t help but look at it and feel smarter than the people commenting on it). r/conservative is a particular source of that

there was a highly voted up thread yesterday about Biden saying that he has regularly taken a train on the Francis Scott Key bridge (despite there not being a rail line in the bridge) and the commenters were saying **** like “why doesn’t the media cover this like they do Trump????”. just a mind meltingly stupid lack of self awareness because of how inconsequential Biden’s comments were compared to Trump’s regularly bold and dangerous claims like he won the 2020 election

contemporary conservativism requires a sub 90 IQ. If anyone on here associates with conservatives these days I strongly recommend taking a step back and trying to understand what has gone on with everything in the last 8 years. And I saw this as an apolitical centrist. Not that liberals are perfect by any means but republicans have gone full crazy. It’s genuinely difficult for me to understand how they can be so delusional

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

The GOP tact since the Obama election has been to just gin up the loonies non-stop.

Loonies come in all shapes and sizes, and if the dems were lead by Bernie, then it their tact would be to constantly gin up the lefties. But, the party rallied to stay on the emotionally static side. The GOP lost the battle with their attention whores, and are now run by social media engagement farmers.

These are dumb, annoying people. They alienate everyone with just the slightest expectations for public officials. But, there are lots of annoying dimwits that are being cultivated and brought in to their tent. And the problem is an annoying people coalition is an ideological big tent, and they are facing all sorts of problems reconciling those groups.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am

It's crazy how racist people are willingly showing themselves to be. I mean it's always existed, but people put this stuff out there freely and others chime in and eat it up.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

The days of apologizing for being caught in a bold faced lie are long past.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm

Good grief, my US Congressman is following up on that Facebook picture story. :face:

https://www.facebook.com/reprussellfry/ ... %2CO%2CP-R

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 pm

Disney now has an agreement with the great state of Florida assuring Reedy Creek's raison d'être is realized through the rest of DeSantis' time in office without having to incur the operational costs. With zero dead British monarchs.

Also neat is the two new board members are not merely less hostile, they've worked or advocated for Disney in the past.

The law rescinding Disney's special district was just that: a law. For that to change, not only would DeSantis need to leave office, but the Florida legislature would need to repeal the law.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 pm

I just want to know if he hides this batshit craziness in his every day life or is it like a, “He’s a hell of a lawyer, great legal mind, but don’t talk about anything other than work with the guy.” type of vibe.

What exactly is "batshit crazy" about what I've said on the last couple pages, other than you personally don't agree with it?

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 pm

What exactly is "batshit crazy" about what I've said on the last couple pages, other than you personally don't agree with it?
Tell me again why we should placate a dictator like Putin?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

and/or did the allies do the right thing with their Appeasement policy in the 1930s?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 pm

Disney now has an agreement with the great state of Florida assuring Reedy Creek's raison d'être is realized through the rest of DeSantis' time in office without having to incur the operational costs. With zero dead British monarchs.

Also neat is the two new board members are not merely less hostile, they've worked or advocated for Disney in the past.

The law rescinding Disney's special district was just that: a law. For that to change, not only would DeSantis need to leave office, but the Florida legislature would need to repeal the law.
The RCID was the means to and end, a vehicle. It was not the goal.

The actual 'want' is the ability of Disney to pursue development without the usual bureaucratic constraints. 50 years ago they were able to have their special tax district formed to accomplish that goal. As the situation changed and the district was dissolved, they found themselves in need of a new vehicle to accomplish that goal. This settlement now does that for the duration of DeSantis' term.

So yes, RCID is still as dead as it was six months ago. But all of the development Disney was planning to pursue under its auspices for the next three years has been agreed to by the new tourism board.

Would anyone be be surprised if Reedy Creek was resurrected in some way post-DeSantis?

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 pm

Come on now, Gonzaga sure sounds like it could be spanish.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm

Not something discussed on the last several pages.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 pm

Would anyone be be surprised if Reedy Creek was resurrected in some way post-DeSantis?

I would. DeSantis will eventually be term-limited out, but the Florida legislature has been controlled by Republicans for 25 years, and it's not even close (Rs currently have more than a 2-to-1 majority over Ds in both houses). Many of those legislators are probably so MAGA they make DeSantis look like Antifa. I don't see the Mouse getting its perks back: (1) so long as the Rs are in charge; or (2) so long as the Rs stand in opposition to "woke" causes and Disney continues to support them.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 pm

Not something discussed on the last several pages.
<3