Politics And Current Events

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:37 pm

so this is just everything that’s wrong with modern politics

apparently in the speech he talked about falling behind other countries and how it would be a blood bath if he lost (in context, he means an economic one). Pelosi and the Dems are taking this out of context and making it seem like he’s referring to a literal bloodbath (ie an insurrection) if he were to lose: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/16/us/p ... -ohio.html

so him saying that (his fear-mongering is bad) is the first stupid thing, then the Dems taking this line out of context while he said some some in-context terrible **** is stupid thing number 2 and of course Republicans who support Trump are hyper-focusing in on the out-of-context-quote taking (“oh my god Dems will do anything to win!!”) and ignoring all of the other despicable **** he said is the third stupid thing and is the cake-taker

it’s all so dumb

Agree with all of this. Notwithstanding the salvage attempts in the X posts posted above by Gaucho (which IMO are just doubling down on the stupid), its patently obvious that Trump was talking about the auto industry in specific and manufacturing/the economy in general. The sentence before the sentence containing "bloodbath" is talking about the auto industry. The sentence after the sentence containing "bloodbath" is talking about the auto industry. The whole context is the auto industry. The Dems who ran with the "Trump is threatening a bloodbath!!!" story have done nothing but destroy their own credibility, and the media types that did the same have further tarnished an industry (i.e., the press) that a whole lot of people have already lost trust in. And all that for something where anyone can go on X or YouTube or whatever and see the speech in question in 30 seconds and see that Trump was clearly talking about the auto industry. If you're going to lie, don't lie about something where pretty much anyone in the world can fact check you in 30 seconds and see the lie instantly.

So dumb.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:52 pm

If you're going to lie, don't lie about something where pretty much anyone in the world can fact check you in 30 seconds and see the lie instantly.
That's the difference. Nobody cares when Trump does it because he does it so much, it's the norm. I've never understood the perceived "free pass" he gets on this. There is so much to choose from to pick apart anything Trump, but the attempts are so hard, they get screwed up and thrown back in their face.

It's like the prosecutor that goes for first degree that might be risker to win even though second degree is a slam dunk.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:59 pm

Trump says so many things that need fact-checked, the media simply stopped fact checking on his stuff for like 80% of the things I feel like.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:59 pm

TIL that RFK jr’s campaign is being supported heavily by a member if the Mellon Bank dynasty

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:06 pm

TIL that RFK jr’s campaign is being supported heavily by a member if the Mellon Bank dynasty
Hey, remember when he apologized for that gross Super Bowl ad that traded exclusively on the "greatness" of his father and Uncle that upset a lot of people? Remember him saying he had nothing to do with it? The woman who was in charge of that ad is who he is about to select as his running mate.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:13 pm

Hey, remember when he apologized for that gross Super Bowl ad that traded exclusively on the "greatness" of his father and Uncle that upset a lot of people? Remember him saying he had nothing to do with it? The woman who was in charge of that ad is who he is about to select as his running mate.
Aaron Rodgers is a woman?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:34 pm

What a turd, how are you going to introduce Aaron Rodgers on the ticket and take that away. Major Chekhov's gun fail

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm

why are the non JFK/RFK Kennedys so batshit?

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:58 pm

why are the non JFK/RFK Kennedys so batshit?
lobotomies

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:21 pm

Nailed it.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:48 pm

Is that Super Bowl ad still pinned to the top of his Xwitter feed? Because that was objectively hilarious. "I'm so sorry if the ad upset anyone.......... and if you'd like to view it, click here".

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:02 pm

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump- ... 024-02-28/

Can't wait to see where this goes
Trump Spurned by 30 Companies as He Seeks Bond in $454 Million Judgment
Donald J. Trump’s lawyers said in a court filing that he faces “insurmountable difficulties” as he tries to raise cash for the civil fraud penalty he faces in New York.

Donald J. Trump’s lawyers disclosed on Monday that he had failed to secure a roughly half-billion dollar bond in his civil fraud case in New York, raising the prospect that the state could seek to freeze some of his bank accounts and seize some of his marquee properties.

The court filing, coming one week before the bond is due, suggested that the former president might soon face a financial crisis unless an appeals court comes to his rescue.

Mr. Trump has asked the appeals court to pause the $454 million judgment that a New York judge imposed on Mr. Trump in the fraud case last month, or accept a bond of only $100 million. Otherwise, the New York attorney general’s office, which brought the case, might soon move to collect from Mr. Trump.

Still, even if the higher court rejects his appeal, Mr. Trump is not entirely out of options. He might appeal to the state’s highest court, quickly sell an asset or seek help from a wealthy supporter.

Mr. Trump’s team has also left the door open to exploring a bankruptcy for corporate entities implicated in the case, according to people with knowledge of the discussions. That option, however, is politically fraught during a presidential race in which he is the presumptive Republican nominee, and for now it appears unlikely.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:30 pm

"...seek help from a wealthy supporter."

Or 10 million poor supporters.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:32 pm

"...seek help from a wealthy supporter."

Or 10 million poor supporters.
The gofundme only raised 1.3 million

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:46 pm

These same people will then blame Biden for being broke dick no cake mufukkas.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:09 pm

Just walked past a new Hyundai SUV parked at a Market District with a "We the People... Are Pissed" bumper sticker....

dodint you live in **** Wexford. You have it better than like 90% of America. Have some perspective.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:19 pm

Just walked past a new Hyundai SUV parked at a Market District with a "We the People... Are Pissed" bumper sticker....

dodint you live in **** Wexford. You have it better than like 90% of America. Have some perspective.
Hopefully someone steals it while in town.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:30 pm

I’d be pissed if I lived in Wexford too.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:46 am

Trump on the auto industry yesterday:

"Any Jewish person that votes for Democrats hates their religion. They hate everything about Israel, and they should be ashamed of themselves because Israel will be destroyed."

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:50 am

Wait, what's wrong with Wexford?

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:53 am

The same thing wrong with all of the north hills neighborhoods... you're in the north hills.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:10 am

"Any Jewish person that votes for Democrats hates their religion. They hate everything about Israel, and they should be ashamed of themselves because Israel will be destroyed."
I'll have to see the context before I pass judgement.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:12 am

I'll have to see the context before I pass judgement.
lol

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:30 am

The same thing wrong with all of the north hills neighborhoods... you're in the north hills.
Yea, I'm just gonna outright disagree with you. North Hills is by far the best area to live. No chance do I want to live anywhere else.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:32 am

I don't think of anything north of McCandless as being North Hills. I mean, Wexford is north of North Park.

Wexford is just Cranberry Lite.
Last edited by dodint on Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.