Politics And Current Events

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:05 pm

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4480 ... nst-biden/

"Well, I mean, it is what it is,” Jordan told reporters when asked about the indictment. “It doesn’t change the fundamental facts.”

Hahahaha

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:12 pm

IMO, coupling that news - with the litany of GOP members coming out against Ukraine funding, and Tucker doing a PR tour of Russia, it just looks so obnoxiously dirty.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:16 pm

The "you put a coin in the cart and get it back when you return it!" thing was also pretty lolworthy
Comical that Russia is about two decades behind us.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:18 pm

The "you put a coin in the cart and get it back when you return it!" thing was also pretty lolworthy
And Tucker never did his own grocery shopping

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:28 pm

And Tucker never did his own grocery shopping
Carlson's stepmother (she later adopted him) comes from Swanson food money. He was educated in elite boarding schools including, for a period, in Europe. He applied to the CIA and was rejected. A real man of the people.

Trump, Carlson, Kid Rock... Republicans sure love rich men who pretend to champion the working class.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:23 pm

Trump and allies planning militarized mass deportations, detention camps

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... migration/

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:27 pm

I'll never forget that one time I helped a kid return his cart and got to keep his stinking quarter. Sucker.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:28 pm

Trump and allies planning militarized mass deportations, detention camps

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... migration/
Lincoln and FDR at still worse :pop:

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:30 pm

I know we are well on our way, but this Christian nationalist **** scares the hell out of me. I don't know what the Venn diagram looks like, but I have to imagine that's a breaking point for some of you who still like trump but maybe want some freedom too?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:32 pm

People were racist before Trump, and they’ll be racist after

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:44 pm

Any of you anti-gun types starting to warm to the idea that a purpose (if not the main purpose) of the Second Amendment is so that the people can have guns to shoot politicians and overthrow a tyrannical government?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:44 pm

No... I'm not a complete psychopath.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:51 pm

No, but surely you see the irony in those that tout it supporting the candidate planning to turn himself into a tyrant

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:52 pm

I can see the issue. But let's just say that the people who support Trump now wouldn't be at the top of the list of those who end up against the wall. I should think the ones who would be at the top of that list would want all available means to avoid ending up there.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:59 pm

If it ever got to that point it’d be better off to just drink the kool aid.

Unless of course you imagine yourself as a survivalist, capable of thriving in post-apocalyptic hellscape. It’s just funny to think of people watching the walking dead or mad max and being like, I’d kick ass out there.

meecrofilm

Postby meecrofilm » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:03 pm

Also no, because, while it was basically one-for-one in terms of power re: guns owned by citizens vs guns owned by the "military" when that came to be, the gap in weaponry is now laughably massive.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:13 pm

I can see the issue. But let's just say that the people who support Trump now wouldn't be at the top of the list of those who end up against the wall. I should think the ones who would be at the top of that list would want all available means to avoid ending up there.
Here you see a respected PA attorney making the argument for political assassinations :lol:

Seriously though, all those situations end with me dead anyways.
A) You're going to round me up, I'll shoot the LEOs who come to do it...
B) He wants to round people like me up, I'll shoot him before he can sign it into law...

Both end with me in sparky getting lit up like a Christmas tree in the most favorable outcome.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:23 pm

Any of you anti-gun types starting to warm to the idea that a purpose (if not the main purpose) of the Second Amendment is so that the people can have guns to shoot politicians and overthrow a tyrannical government?
This is what people like you don’t get. Your pea-shooter means nothing against the military. You’re not defending yourself from tyrannical government. You just like your loud toys. It’s okay that you like them but to claim the 2nd amendment has any truth to defending from tyrannical government in present day is disingenuous.

It was written in a time when everyone had muskets. Now, if the government decides you’re a problem a sniper would pick you off before you could do anything or a drone. Heck you want to round up yourself and 10,000 of your buddies? You still have zero chance. It has zero present day application past wanting to keep your boom stick.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:31 pm

This is what people like you don’t get. Your pea-shooter means nothing against the military. You’re not defending yourself from tyrannical government. You just like your loud toys. It’s okay that you like them but to claim the 2nd amendment has any truth to defending from tyrannical government in present day is disingenuous.

It was written in a time when everyone had muskets. Now, if the government decides you’re a problem a sniper would pick you off before you could do anything or a drone. Heck you want to round up yourself and 10,000 of your buddies? You still have zero chance. It has zero present day application past wanting to keep your boom stick.
Or they'll just carpet bomb your whole neighborhood.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:57 pm

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:08 pm

That's a position sure to get wide support.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:25 pm

I saw somewhere that the grocery is a French chain still operating in Russia since the boycotts.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:57 pm

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:17 pm

Or they'll just carpet bomb your whole neighborhood.
The best - I assert only - defense you have against a tyrant is not the gun(s) in your safe, it is the reluctance in the heart of a pilot that keeps them from dropping a 2,000-lb JDAM on the head of a fellow American at the whim of that tyrant.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:28 pm

Gross