Politics And Current Events

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:02 pm

Just when Tucker was telling him how great it is there

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:51 pm

Pretty much negates the "concealed" part of the CCW.
Even when following "gray man" principles, one does want a hint of bedazzlement.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:58 pm

John Oliver pushing the limit for buying Clarence Thomas. He offered to pay him $1 mil a year plus a $2.4 mil motorcade for the rest of Thomas’ life if he stepped away from SCOTUS.

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:46 pm

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:04 pm

Boo.

I need fewer Capital One ads, not more.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:09 pm

Very curious to see how the ftc handles this.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:41 pm

You might remember me from my other job

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:45 pm

Oh, and my TDS was acting up earlier:
ALL POLITICAL PROSECUTIONS OF YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT, ME, MUST STOP IMMEDIATELY. WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ELECTION, PERHAPS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY, AND THESE RADICAL LEFT LUNATIC PROSECUTORS AND JUDGES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE DOING THIS. WHY DIDN’T THEY START THREE YEARS AGO??? BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO INTERFERE WITH THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF 2024, THAT’S WHY! According to Section 9-85.500 of the Justice Department’s Justice Manual: “Federal prosecutors and agents may never select the timing of any action, including investigative steps, criminal charges, or statements, for the purpose of affecting any election, or for the purpose of giving an advantage or disadvantage to any candidate or political party.” THIS IS ELECTION INTERFERENCE, AND MUST BE IMMEDIATELY STOPPED. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH ANY FAKE PROSECUTIONS BEFORE THE ELECTION. THIS IS COMMUNISM, AND A THREAT TO DEMOCRACY. OUR COUNTRY WILL NOT STAND FOR IT. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!

MY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS WERE UNDERSTATED, NOT OVERSTATED! THAT IS WHY THE CROOKED, HAND PICKED JUDGE, SAID THAT MAR-a-LAGO, IN PALM BEACH, FLORIDA, WAS ONLY WORTH $18,000,000, WHEN IT IS WORTH 50 TO 100 TIMES THAT AMOUNT. OTHER PROPERTIES ALSO! THEY DIDN’T EVEN INCLUDE “BRAND VALUE,” KNOWN AND ACCEPTED TO BE WORTH MANY BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. THIS ALL FIT THE FAKE NARRATIVE OF THE CORRUPT AND MANY TIMES OVERTURNED “JUDGE,” AND THE RADICAL LEFT, SOROS BACKED, SLOB OF AN ATTORNEY GENERAL, WHOSE PRIMARY GOAL IS, IN CLOSE COORDINATION WITH THE WHITE HOUSE, AND LIKE ALL OF THE OTHER LITIGATION AGAINST ME, AN ATTACK ON CROOKED JOE BIDEN’S POLITICAL OPPONENT, ME! SAME STORY IN GEORGIA, NEW YORK (D.A.), & WASHINGTON D.C. NOTHING LIKE THIS HAS EVER HAPPENED IN OUR COUNTRY BEFORE. IT IS STRICTLY THIRD WORLD, RUSSIA, CHINA AT THEIR WORST. BUT FEAR NOT, WE WILL WIN BIG ON NOVEMBER 5TH, AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
I guess I should've trusted this man

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:40 am

I have a Cabela's credit card through Capital One. I wonder if it will turn into a Discover card.

Nuge

Postby Nuge » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:46 am

I wish they would’ve started three years ago.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:50 am

Oh, and my TDS was acting up earlier:
ALL POLITICAL PROSECUTIONS OF YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT, ME, MUST STOP IMMEDIATELY. WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ELECTION, PERHAPS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY, AND THESE RADICAL LEFT LUNATIC PROSECUTORS AND JUDGES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE DOING THIS. WHY DIDN’T THEY START THREE YEARS AGO??? BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO INTERFERE WITH THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF 2024, THAT’S WHY! According to Section 9-85.500 of the Justice Department’s Justice Manual: “Federal prosecutors and agents may never select the timing of any action, including investigative steps, criminal charges, or statements, for the purpose of affecting any election, or for the purpose of giving an advantage or disadvantage to any candidate or political party.” THIS IS ELECTION INTERFERENCE, AND MUST BE IMMEDIATELY STOPPED. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH ANY FAKE PROSECUTIONS BEFORE THE ELECTION. THIS IS COMMUNISM, AND A THREAT TO DEMOCRACY. OUR COUNTRY WILL NOT STAND FOR IT. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!

MY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS WERE UNDERSTATED, NOT OVERSTATED! THAT IS WHY THE CROOKED, HAND PICKED JUDGE, SAID THAT MAR-a-LAGO, IN PALM BEACH, FLORIDA, WAS ONLY WORTH $18,000,000, WHEN IT IS WORTH 50 TO 100 TIMES THAT AMOUNT. OTHER PROPERTIES ALSO! THEY DIDN’T EVEN INCLUDE “BRAND VALUE,” KNOWN AND ACCEPTED TO BE WORTH MANY BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. THIS ALL FIT THE FAKE NARRATIVE OF THE CORRUPT AND MANY TIMES OVERTURNED “JUDGE,” AND THE RADICAL LEFT, SOROS BACKED, SLOB OF AN ATTORNEY GENERAL, WHOSE PRIMARY GOAL IS, IN CLOSE COORDINATION WITH THE WHITE HOUSE, AND LIKE ALL OF THE OTHER LITIGATION AGAINST ME, AN ATTACK ON CROOKED JOE BIDEN’S POLITICAL OPPONENT, ME! SAME STORY IN GEORGIA, NEW YORK (D.A.), & WASHINGTON D.C. NOTHING LIKE THIS HAS EVER HAPPENED IN OUR COUNTRY BEFORE. IT IS STRICTLY THIRD WORLD, RUSSIA, CHINA AT THEIR WORST. BUT FEAR NOT, WE WILL WIN BIG ON NOVEMBER 5TH, AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
I guess I should've trusted this man
I just read this - and can't believe anyone takes this person as seriously as they do. He doesn't even understand the judgements against him, and he keeps citing this case that he won, it was to lift the gag order.

I just think this is unserious, and we're going to question Biden's sanity/mental accountability, and Trump can't even put logical/coherent thoughts together on a daily basis with these posts.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:53 am

I have a Cabela's credit card through Capital One. I wonder if it will turn into a Discover card.
1. Capital One is buying Discover (so if a brand were to be absorbed it would be Discover).
2. Capital One said they are keeping the discover brand.

I would think Cap One is doing this for two reasons. To get the Discover Payment network (stop using Visa/MC). And for the deposits.
“Discover has done a better job of bringing in a lot of deposits and [has] access to a lot of institutions to run the debit card network and provide service. So it gives them a lot of deposit gathering ability, which particularly in the current market is enormously important,” said David Schiff, West Monroe’s head of consumer retail and banking.
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/19/capital ... -says.html

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:00 am

The Capital One/Discovery combo will become the 6th largest bank in the US and knock PNC down a spot.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:11 am

That BBVA acquisition was a dodint move. They should have done something more significant then.

And I'm willing to bet they are having massive issues with that move, now all of a sudden they have huge volumes of remittance transfers that their legacy people never had to think about.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:02 am

Hahahahahahah

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-e ... rcna139334
The high-tops, which are gold and emblazoned with a “T” on the outside of each shoe, are called the “Never Surrender High Top Sneaker” and are priced at $399 online. The athletic shoes, which feature a “T” and the number 45 on the sides are priced at $199.

The purchase of a pair of sneakers comes with extra laces and a Trump “superhero charm.”

The website selling the sneakers also features a “Victory47” perfume and cologne for sale at $99 each.
They all “sold out” and are now on auction sites for exorbitant prices. The company registered CIC (Commander In Chief) LLC created the website. The LLC claiming to manufacture the shoes was founded Jan. 31st of this year and it’s location is a small rundown house in Wyoming. This is obvious money laundering right?

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-g ... rs-1871461

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:07 am

Or... people are idiots and buy stupid ****. There were only 1,000 pairs made which is a good call because now it looks like he's in high demand. If only he made 1,000 steaks maybe that business would still be alive.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:14 am

Or... people are idiots and buy stupid ****. There were only 1,000 pairs made which is a good call because now it looks like he's in high demand. If only he made 1,000 steaks maybe that business would still be alive.
It could be but the other side is much more fun. :slug:

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:22 am

So we're going to make these shoes, you see, and we'll keep them for ourselves but claim they sold out to create the illusion of excessive demand. Then, we can auction them off at outrageous prices and because people will think there's actually a collectors market for it they'll pay it. It'll be great!

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:25 am

Small rundown house? The article says that the registered address is a local law firm, which specializes in forming Wyoming companies:
45Footwear LLC was established on January 31 this year, and is registered in Sheridan, Wyoming, a city with a population of around 19,000. Its registered address—an unassuming building on an industrial estate in the southwest of the city—is that of a local law firm which specializes in establishing LLCs in the state and whose address is used for numerous other companies.

Specifically this law firm:

https://wyomingllcattorney.com/

A company formed in a certain state doesn't need to have a physical office in that state, so long as it has an "official" office that will accept official mail and service of process. There are companies that specialize in serving as registered agents to provide that "official" office. Like, for example, Corporation Service Company in Wilmington, Delaware (around since 1899) is probably the "official" address for thousands if not tens of thousands of Delaware corporations. The lawyer in Wyoming is the registered agent for 45Footwear LLC. Nothing unusual about any of that.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:25 am

It's probably fine, but calling your LLC "Commander In Chief" feels illegal/like you're trying to profit off the Presidency...

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:32 am

Small rundown house? The article says that the registered address is a local law firm, which specializes in forming Wyoming companies:
45Footwear LLC was established on January 31 this year, and is registered in Sheridan, Wyoming, a city with a population of around 19,000. Its registered address—an unassuming building on an industrial estate in the southwest of the city—is that of a local law firm which specializes in establishing LLCs in the state and whose address is used for numerous other companies.

Specifically this law firm:

https://wyomingllcattorney.com/

A company formed in a certain state doesn't need to have a physical office in that state, so long as it has an "official" office that will accept official mail and service of process. There are companies that specialize in serving as registered agents to provide that "official" office. Like, for example, Corporation Service Company in Wilmington, Delaware (around since 1899) is probably the "official" address for thousands if not tens of thousands of Delaware corporations. The lawyer in Wyoming is the registered agent for 45Footwear LLC. Nothing unusual about any of that.
Good to know. I’m sure the known grifter is on the up and up with everything.

You never answered the question about having a legitimate criticism of Trump. Can you find even one?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:36 am

I'm very curious to see what the Republican party will look like post Trump (aka when he dies which I think will happen in the next 5 or so years). does his cult transfer to someone else or is he so """charismatic""" (I don't believe he's charismatic at all but clearly his followers do) that no one else is able to fill his shoes?

MWB

Postby MWB » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:55 am

I think he’s a unicorn and there will be a void in the party filled by something or someone, but not a Trump clone.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:02 am

A very large percentage of MAGA won't believe he's actually dead and will be creating conspiracy theories and praying for his eventual return.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:05 am

I was waiting in line at the bank the other day and some folks ahead of me were talking about Trump and how he's going to destroy Biden and fix the country, etc. One woman joined in and said that Trump should have bowed out and endorsed DeSantis or Haley last year. The main MAGA guy went off on her, saying that DeSantis and Haley are actually Democrats who are being funded by Soros. He insisted that its all part of a grand conspiracy by the global elites to keep Trump out of office so that he can't put an end to their child sex trafficking ring.

In other words, just another day in Somerset.