World of Warcraft Thread

shafnutz05

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:30 pm

I never thought I would say this, but I am jumping full bore back into WoW. Found out my close friend and his buddy are very much into Legion, which is reason enough for me to start playing again. I've heard great things about the expansion. Logged into see my main (Lvl 90 Warlock, never got into Warlords), and the nostalgia immediately set in.

I first started playing during WoTLK...feel like that was the golden age of WoW, but looking forward to getting my feet wet again. The biggest pain has been changing my account details, since I don't have access to my previous email and my new email is associated with Hearthstone :lol:

Pavel Bure

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:54 pm

NERD!

Troy Loney

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:59 am

Makes sense that Shad would be looking for an escape from reality.

Morkle

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:08 am

Haven't played it in years. Used to spend weeknights raiding back in college. Don't think I could dedicate even an iota of time to it to feel like I got my money's worth.

Also, the golden age was vanilla and burning crusade. The game died for me with WOTLK because everything got catered to casuals and they included cross server instancing, which actually did a damn good job of killing the community.

Viva la Ben

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:58 am

Never played wow although I really enjoy hearthstone.

eddy

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:05 pm

I'd love to get back into WOW. I thought it was terrific, but took a permanent break when the wife and I started dating seriously. It can consume a lot of time and I didn't want it to strain our relationship in any way. I have a feeling I'll be waiting a lot longer with all these kids running around. I finally played twilight princess for my 2nd time since March, so I don't think I'd be able to consistently get into this. I don't even remember my login info, how do you find that out?

Kraftster

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby Kraftster » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:41 pm

Haven't played it in years. Used to spend weeknights raiding back in college. Don't think I could dedicate even an iota of time to it to feel like I got my money's worth.

Also, the golden age was vanilla and burning crusade. The game died for me with WOTLK because everything got catered to casuals and they included cross server instancing, which actually did a damn good job of killing the community.
Agreed. I loved BC.

I still remember WoW very fondly. If I hadn't sold my account, I feel pretty certain I would've jumped back in by now.

shafnutz05

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:21 pm

DUDE.

:scared: :scared:

https://kotaku.com/world-of-warcraft-cl ... 123796/amp

eddy

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:11 pm

DUDE.

I don't understand what changed. I don't think I ever made it past the 2nd expansion pack, but I don't know what the classic is? Is that just the game when it first came out?

shafnutz05

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:26 pm

shafnutz05

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:27 pm

I don't understand what changed. I don't think I ever made it past the 2nd expansion pack, but I don't know what the classic is? Is that just the game when it first came out?
Correct. Fans have been clamoring for it for the last decade. It is a MASSIVE development, and now has the backing of Blizzard's resources. The trailer for the new X-pac looks amazing.

Kaiser

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby Kaiser » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:11 am

burning crusade was the best, as Mork said. the stats got so out of hand in LK that party dynamics were ridiculously chaotic. I stopped tanking then because it was barely necessary.

shafnutz05

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:14 am

burning crusade was the best, as Mork said. the stats got so out of hand in LK that party dynamics were ridiculously chaotic. I stopped tanking then because it was barely necessary.
I came in during WotLK. As a new player to the game, I remember being so blown away by the grand scope of the game. Hard to believe it's been almost 10 years.

Morkle

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:16 am

DUDE.

Yea I saw that - next complaint is price, I think it's time to lower the monthly sub.

shafnutz05

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:29 pm

Big WoW patch today (7.3.5). Probably the most notable change, that was announced at BlizzCon, is introducing scaling to all WoW zones. So, if you are 1-60, you can quest in any zone you want, in mostly any order. BC/WoTLK are 58-80. Cata/Mists 80-90. Etc. The nicest thing about it is being able to fully explore a zone before you level out of it.

Kaiser

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby Kaiser » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:37 pm

So...you can skip borean tundra now? AND howling fjord? AND hellfire penninsula? You can skip ALL TBC zones?

Its over?

ITS OVER

shafnutz05

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:47 pm

So...you can skip borean tundra now? AND howling fjord? AND hellfire penninsula? You can skip ALL TBC zones?

Its over?

ITS OVER
Yup :lol:

I'm so happy you can pretty much skip BC now. I actually enjoyed Netherstorm.

Morkle

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby Morkle » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:36 am

I enjoyed borean tundra, but hated the rest. I completely forgot that this stuff was happening. Did vanilla servers release yet? Is it still 15 a month or whatever? Which is about $5 too expensive now.

shafnutz05

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:45 pm

I've been listening to the WotLK soundtrack a lot lately... Nostalgia settling in big time. I just know the game will never be the same.

shafnutz05

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:43 pm

I just hit Level 30 on the BC Classic server, can finally get a damn mount. I'm not really sure what my end game is here, but I am enjoying the classic questing experience. Honestly, just running around the original world and listening to the music is extremely cathartic for me.

Joegap

World of Warcraft Thread

Postby Joegap » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:55 pm

New expansion is dropping in 2 hours. Anyone else firing it up?