Comedy and Humor

NTP66

Comedy and Humor

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:21 pm

Just bought tickets to see Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood this October. Our local theater uses Axs for ticketing, and they're just as bad as Ticketmaster. 25% of my ticket costs were from "service fees".

GET

tifosi77

Comedy and Humor

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 08, 2024 1:09 am

Tombrady roast.

Some great jokes (K Hart as Randy Moss "I am going the f**k home" for some reason absolutely got me), and no one really s**t the bed. But I have to admit I didn't really care for this roast as media event shtick. Even in their Comedy Central hey days, the roast venues were like 3k maybe. Decent sized theaters. That's kind of the point, it's like a club and you (we) were getting a sneak peek. By making it more of a big deal, it actually felt less special to me.

And f**k Tombrady for telling them to lay off Kraft handie jokes in the middle of a f**king set.

NTP66

Comedy and Humor

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 08, 2024 6:57 am

Source of the post And f**k Tombrady for telling them to lay off Kraft handie jokes in the middle of a f**king set.
I have only seen this one clip, and yeah, made him look like a little dodint. I wish Chappelle had given that joke, because he'd have doubled down on it real quick.

NTP66

Comedy and Humor

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 08, 2024 6:58 am

I also just saw a headline that Netflix cut Kim K being bood... lololol, pathetic.

mikey

Comedy and Humor

Postby mikey » Wed May 08, 2024 9:48 am

I watched it yesterday. Not the best roast. Brady doesn't appear to have much of a sense of humor about himself (yet?). Coming up to stop the Kraft jokes about a widely known thing was really weird. Nikki Glaser had a really great set. She's always *gestures* around it at events like this, but she finally put together the best set.

Kevin Hart was Kevin Hart, yelling at folks randomly and then doing this thing where he'd repeat the best joke from the previous performer, which almost feels calculated to get social media hits for himself...but maybe that's too much, maybe he was just doing it to know what it' like to be funny for a moment...he kept it rolling and he didn't really put any comic down, which is good (unlike Jamie Foxx).

Other notes:
Good set from Andrew Schulz
Really good from Tony Hitchcliffe or whatever his name is
Lesbian Hannibal Burress was accurately named as a Netflix box-checker
Not the strongest effort from Jeff Ross, still good, but normally he brings down the house at these events
Randy Moss with "I came in after Spygate; after I left there was Deflategate...yo, why didn't you cheat when I was there? We could have won three!" was a good bit.
Belichick handled himself pretty well. He can't really deliver jokes, but his concepts were good. His post-career personality has been really quite a revelation.
Kardash's reaction wasn't as negative as social media made it seem...I was hoping for something like when The Situation (that slimy I-talian from Jersey Shore) did Trump's roast. But it wasn't even close to that. It was just a Paris Hilton type reading straight from the prompter...

Dickie Dunn

Comedy and Humor

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed May 08, 2024 11:21 am

Largely agreed. I wonder what an edited 2 hour "Comedy Central Roast" version of it would look like. Probably better. Being live definitely felt like it dragged. A lot of Kevin Hart would probably be cut. He wasn't a bad host, but definitely got repetitive. Brady spent the entire night looking like a humorless NTP66, but his set to finish it off was solid and his delivery was good.
- Nikki was great, though I can't figure out what exactly she did to her face. Rivaled her performance at the Alec Baldwin roast.
- No idea who Schulz is but he was great.
- Tony wrote for a lot of the Comedy Central roasts, so it was nice to see him perform at one.
- Belichick having a personality is so weird, but he was solid.
- Edelman sucked.
- Worst I've ever seen from Jeff Ross.
- Tom and Bert were the worst professionals of the night. Bert is a moron who can barely read a teleprompter and roasting just didn't seem up Tom's alley.
- Gronk was Gronk. He can be funny in a "moron meathead" way and can also be pretty cringe in a "moron meathead" way. I assume he falls into the population that doesn't have an internal monologue.

mikey

Comedy and Humor

Postby mikey » Wed May 08, 2024 12:03 pm

Oh, I forgot about Segura and Bert. Bert is such a clown...I don't really get his appeal. He can't keep a straight face through anything, which is a bad pairing for one of the driest guys out there in Segura. Nikki got him good with the "I love your joke" line. He's not a comic's comic at all. He's closer to Larry the Cable Guy.

Segura could have done better on his own I think...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Comedy and Humor

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed May 08, 2024 12:12 pm

I saw that it was 3 hours and I’m balking at watching it. I’m sure I’ll enjoy it but that is way too long for a roast

nocera

Comedy and Humor

Postby nocera » Wed May 08, 2024 12:19 pm

Oh, I forgot about Segura and Bert. Bert is such a clown...I don't really get his appeal. He can't keep a straight face through anything, which is a bad pairing for one of the driest guys out there in Segura. Nikki got him good with the "I love your joke" line. He's not a comic's comic at all. He's closer to Larry the Cable Guy.

The best thing Bert ever did was influence to Natashia Leggero to follow in his shirtless footsteps after she followed his set at the Improv.

mikey

Comedy and Humor

Postby mikey » Wed May 08, 2024 12:31 pm

The best thing Bert ever did was influence to Natashia Leggero to follow in his shirtless footsteps after she followed his set at the Improv.
Hmph, I actually had not heard of that event somehow...good call.