MIMH's NailedPenguin's Thread of Facebook Hatred

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:47 pm

It's that time of the year again. The "WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE VETERANS WITH PTSD?!" Facebook posts. Or about the dogs and cats.
Meh. I'm fine with fireworks shows on July 4th weekend. I even understand if a neighbor wants to get drunk and shoot off some on July 4th. But as someone with a dog who paces for hours after a single "boom" I don't need my redneck neighbors shooting off lame fireworks every single day from Memorial Day through the middle of July and that happened to me last year. F those idiots.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:40 am

Seconded.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:19 am

Thirded.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:47 am

Yup. Those people are turds.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:52 am

Those are the kind of turds who when people complain about the fireworks at 2 am or on weekdays/non holidays...go on facebook or whatnot and say oh now since you complained I'm just gonna shoot off more cause 'MURICA!

Thankfully we don't have to deal with that much in our neighborhood. People are respectful.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:44 am

I've read a lot of crazy stuff on FB over the last year and a half, but this might take the cake:
The vaxxed should stay away from us who wish not be lab rats..it is not a vaccine at all..it is a synthetic gene mutation experiment on humans and the vaxxed have become bioweapons that can actually harm the unvaxxed due to shredding of the mutations along with killing the person who got the vaccine...scientists right now are working on a possible drug antidote that can be given to the people who got the vaccine because the pine needles remedy you have to be cautious with

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:52 pm

:lol:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:24 pm

I love how Facebook became a bastion of absurdly right people. Like not conservative but mentally deranged Republican

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:32 pm

I deleted my account last year and don't miss it.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:21 am

I had all but deleted my account this year. I barely check mine anymore, but I have a bunch of people from back home and some that I was stationed with years ago that I still occasionally talk to and don't have their cell. But I went through a short time earlier this year where I had it deleted.

(Incoming somewhat unrelated rant)

Apparently it was suggested that I had made a comment several months prior about volunteering to help for our 30th reunion. What I actually said was " I'm two hours away and don't know what I could do from here. If I was in town, I could probably help but I only get in about once a month on the weekends." So the person who is running this "reunion" (more on that in a second) reaches out to my sister and says "hey, your brother is in our class of 91 group and offered to help but I can't find his post."

So I jump back on FB to respond back into the group, which was probably the second mistake. The first was responding to that original post. I get the typical fluff, the "oh, thanks for responding. Yeah, we could use all the help we could get." Yes, I realize that I could have stayed deactivated and they could have messaged me, but that's how this whole problem started.

The reunion is now 3 weeks away and I have proudly provided zero input. I've also found out that this "reunion" is more than likely not the whole class, just the people that this team wanted to invite. I talked to three people that I sat with in home room in the last week or so. One works at our local newspaper, so he's quite visible and has social media under his name and not some alias. Another one is a friend I see semi-regularly when I get home. The third I'm not real close friends with but we always seemed to comment on each other's stuff when we post, so we eventually added each other as friends. He was probably one of the more popular kids in the class and seemed like he had half of the class on his friends list. None of them even knew about this reunion. I'm sure I could go down the list and probably find another 50 people like this.

I have a feeling that it's gonna be the same cliques plus a few people that are flying in. I'm still going, because I have a feeling this thing is gonna be a trainwreck, and who doesn't love a good trainwreck?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:53 am

I love how Facebook became a bastion of absurdly right people. Like not conservative but mentally deranged Republican
Ya know, for how much they hate it, and CENSORSHIP. They absolutely thrive on it and won't go away. I thought Parler was supposed to be big and everyone was supposed to flock there, or was that until they started censoring their **** too?

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:31 pm

And MeWe.

Every single person who claimed they were leaving FB and going to the other platforms are still on FB.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:47 pm

I signed up for a Next Door account for whatever reason. I never go on it but I get emails about posts from others. Hooo boy they're good

Dr. Fauci responsible for 600k+ deaths

Dr. Fauci and the democrat politicians needs to be held responsible for their lies. We are lucky that Trump wouldn’t listen to their lies. When Fauci said that it was impossible to get a vaccine in under 5 years, Trump proved him wrong. When Biden and Pelosi said that we can still fly planes into... See more
Last edited by MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:48 pm

Nextdoor is one of the best. Second only to Facebook neighborhood yard sale groups.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:51 pm

Source of the post Fauci said that it was impossible to get a vaccine in under 5 years, Trump proved him wrong.
Okay, now get the shot. I'll wait.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:38 pm

over the last couple months I made an Instagram just to see what it's like. Its incredible how inane so many of the posts that Instagram suggests to me are

people lipsyncing poorly while giving obvious or unhelpful health/dietary/exercise advice. obviously staged videos with a description of "look at their reaction!!". attractive women posting a "Instagram vs reality" image of two photos of them side by side trying to pretend like they're not part of the problem. millions of accounts who do nothing but talk about how much they love running

It's laughably embarrassing. though I have to admit I can't not keep going to it because there's a bounty of hot women on it

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:19 pm

I have been browsing Facebook a little lately (used to be never but any usage is an uptick) and I am now addicted to hate watching some ads that I see on it

the most egregious are Conzuri and Dr. Squatch. Conzuri advertises shoes that “make you 2.4” taller” (of course they know to target me with that because I’m short). I would never consider wearing shoes with the intent of making me taller because that’s hilariously sad, but the way they market these are infuriating. They have an interview style as where they ask women if they’re attracted to short guys and the women say no…thus, “women will find you attractive if you buy these shoes”. The fact that they’re preying on insecurities around height is unbelievably weak and insensitive

Dr. Squatch is a soap/deodorant and the way they advertise their products is by having women say, and this is an actual quote “don’t tell my boyfriend but I’d jump any guy’s bones if he smelled like this”. Like, at least the Axe Spray commercials had a hint of irony, but this “use our soap and women will cheat on their boyfriends to **** you” is so embarrassingly insulting.

It’s just sad that people are ok marketing products like this in 2022. Were regressing as a society

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:16 am

I am really beginning to loathe all forms of social media, but today's wroth is focused on Facebook. I use it sparingly, mostly to keep up with family that I don't see often.

I just began noticing that the algo will put posts from a certain day in your feed. And not yesterday. Or the day before. Today, I am getting at a rate of every third post is from November 15th. 12 days ago. Talk about useless. I went through and hid or closed all of these posts, and it's like 3 recent posts, 3 canceled posts, 3 recent posts, etc.

Anyone else notice this?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:20 am

Source of the post Anyone else notice this?
Yes, and it gets worse every week. If I scroll FB on my phone, only about 10% of the posts will actually be from friends/groups I belong to. Everything else is stuff FB thinks I'm interested in or ads. It's awful.

Which is fine, because ultimately it means I use FB less and less each day.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:45 am

I miss when you could sort by most recent

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:22 pm

I am really beginning to loathe all forms of social media, but today's wroth is focused on Facebook. I use it sparingly, mostly to keep up with family that I don't see often.

I just began noticing that the algo will put posts from a certain day in your feed. And not yesterday. Or the day before. Today, I am getting at a rate of every third post is from November 15th. 12 days ago. Talk about useless. I went through and hid or closed all of these posts, and it's like 3 recent posts, 3 canceled posts, 3 recent posts, etc.

Anyone else notice this?
This is **** maddening, and a big reason why I don't go on there anymore. I was getting tired of wishing people happy birthday two weeks late or commenting on a post 8 days after the last comment.