MIMH's NailedPenguin's Thread of Facebook Hatred

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon May 10, 2021 11:35 am

I am just trying to imagine the conversation.

"You didn't get me anything for mother's day?"
"Well you're not MY mother..."

:lol:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:35 am

:lol:

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Mon May 10, 2021 11:37 am

You don't have to imagine. That was basically word for word how it started. :lol:

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon May 10, 2021 12:06 pm

I realize this isn't the I need a ruling on this thread but unfortunately you own it till your kid can go take care of Mother's Day themselves... which at my house took until 21 and getting a girlfriend who told him to get his mom some freaking flowers, apparently.

Kane

Postby Kane » Mon May 10, 2021 12:06 pm

oh boy

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon May 10, 2021 12:08 pm

I realize this isn't the I need a ruling on this thread but unfortunately you own it till your kid can go take care of Mother's Day themselves... which at my house took until 21 and getting a girlfriend who told him to get his mom some freaking flowers, apparently.
It's been 3 1/2 years since I've lived with my ex so I don't even know her anymore. This year I was like "Dude, you have to pick something out. I have no idea what she would like." He's 9 and picked a nice cookbook.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Mon May 10, 2021 12:30 pm

My mom said she needed socks when I stopped by on Friday. I bought her socks after I left and gave them to her yesterday.

If only it were that simple for other things...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon May 10, 2021 12:35 pm

I asked the wife what she wanted... she said brunch. I made brunch and dinner. Mother’s Day accomplished.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon May 10, 2021 12:37 pm

My SIL tried for years to have a kid and just couldn't. I recall her making a post years ago about how mother's day is very traumatic for her and people need to realize that and be careful about what they post.

Now, as much as I can empathize with her that it's likely a difficult day, the attempt to rain on other's people when they're celebrating their family was a bit off putting.
Somebody I went to school with posts something similar every Mother's Day. I still find this less annoying that saying HMD to your spouse on FB when they're sitting right next to you on the couch in real life...
I get what you are saying, but my daughter and I made the day special for my wife yesterday. What I put on FB was more of a recognizing her for the outstanding job she has done with both kids home over the last year. Her family loved it, as did she, so that's a win :lol:

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon May 10, 2021 12:40 pm

I put some over the top message like “To my mom, the mother of my children, her mom, all the moms out there and to anyone who has a mom, Happy Mother’s Day.”

😆

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 10, 2021 1:15 pm

My Mother's Day card for my mom simply read "Sorry about your other children".

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed May 12, 2021 10:14 am

Nebby parent who talks smack all the time about how things are run but never personally volunteers for anything complains that the Senior Awards Assembly- which was not open to parents pre covid anyway- is not open to parents.

Other nebby parent who couches everything in flowery language with 4x the words needed doubles down and says in approximately 1000 covid is over why cant things be normal words: lets just show up, what are they gonna do?

Let’s see, it’s during the school day and you can only get in one door, genius. If you show up unauthorized best case they will not let you in. But why don’t you break in to a school building during school hours and see what happens?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed May 12, 2021 12:56 pm

This isn't Facebook, but there has to be some good Nextdoor content.

This woman posted this long diatribe about the awful experience she had at a local restaurant. The kicker is, she even said at the beginning "I've always had good experiences there, but...". Like, your first instinct because of one bad experience at a small business is to go on social media and complain to the world? What the F kind of mentality do these people have?

Thankfully, all of the responses were unsympathetic, implicitly calling her a dumb b**** for her post.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:36 pm

I would have explicitly called her a dumb dodint.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu May 27, 2021 3:54 pm

Got me a 30 day ban from Facebook for making this comment in an LGBTQ group

"That's when I knew I didn't just like girls"

Guess the algorithm thinks I said I don't like girls or something...

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Thu May 27, 2021 4:18 pm

This isn't Facebook, but there has to be some good Nextdoor content.

This woman posted this long diatribe about the awful experience she had at a local restaurant. The kicker is, she even said at the beginning "I've always had good experiences there, but...". Like, your first instinct because of one bad experience at a small business is to go on social media and complain to the world? What the F kind of mentality do these people have?

Thankfully, all of the responses were unsympathetic, implicitly calling her a dumb b**** for her post.
did they charge her for refills?

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:28 pm

Innocuous post from 2020 senior parent about feeling sad seeing this year’s HS seniors have a mostly real commencement last night when her kid didn’t turns into full on dodint session that this year’s seniors got about 1/2 year in person, a prom, senior trip, senior breakfast.... and this is from members of the unmask brigade who you’d think would be happy we are getting back to “normal.”

I mean I totally get feeling sad your kid didn’t get to do all that and I’m sorry too. But are you going to hold it against everyone who graduates forever that they get the opportunities your kid didn’t? It was a very different world with so many unknowns at this time last year.

Life ain’t fair especially in a pandemic.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:21 pm

Innocuous post from 2020 senior parent about feeling sad seeing this year’s HS seniors have a mostly real commencement last night when her kid didn’t turns into full on dodint session that this year’s seniors got about 1/2 year in person, a prom, senior trip, senior breakfast.... and this is from members of the unmask brigade who you’d think would be happy we are getting back to “normal.”

I mean I totally get feeling sad your kid didn’t get to do all that and I’m sorry too. But are you going to hold it against everyone who graduates forever that they get the opportunities your kid didn’t? It was a very different world with so many unknowns at this time last year.

Life ain’t fair especially in a pandemic.
**** those whiny dodints.

Nuge

Postby Nuge » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:29 pm

The class of 2020 had 3/4 of their senior year completely normal. It sucks they missed proms, spring sports, and graduations but most of their year wasn't impacted at all. This year kids were virtual full or part time, masked, distanced, quarantined when they were a close contact, etc. This year sucked for the kids so they deserve a small sense of normalcy at the end of the year.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:52 pm

I never understood the group A had it bad, so all future groups must have it bad as well mentality. Like, could you imagine someone surviving cancer and then they get hit with a “well, my grandma died of cancer so you shouldn’t have gotten to live”? No… that’s a crazy person.

My son didn’t get to have a graduation so you shouldn’t be celebrating your son’s graduation. Again… you’re a crazy person. Stfu.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:59 pm

Thank you, Class of 2020, for your service.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:27 am

It's the same kind of nonsense post as the people that guilt trip families around the holidays. Cheap attempt to get likes and "YASSSS" replies.

scb147

Postby scb147 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:43 am

Thank you, Class of 2020, for your service.
#ClassOf2020Strong

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:52 am

My latest hatred for FB can be found in a post in the legal thread: https://www.fifthavenueforum.com/forum/ ... 77#p939577

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:35 pm

It's that time of the year again. The "WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE VETERANS WITH PTSD?!" Facebook posts. Or about the dogs and cats. I've never met a veteran that gave two shts about fireworks, except that they are annoying late at night or nonstop, which is true for all normal people.