Commercials that I hate

Beveridge

Commercials that I hate

Postby Beveridge » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:25 pm

The Target Circle Week commercial.

tifosi77

Commercials that I hate

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:30 pm

Not sure if any of you in here have Roku, but my hate for them is that they run the same ten commercials in the same order. My sister watches a lot of Bones, CSI, NCIS, etc and it's the same ads over and over and over on whatever channel that is.

Emeril gets two ads for his channel.
Martha Stewart get an ad for her channel. According to her ad, apparently she's a bit of a multi-tasker.
There's an CSI ad where Doug is a delivery guy on ho island and ends up getting choked out while getting back into his truck. That one is on so much that even when my mom sees that it's on, she's like "don't do it, Doug!"
And I can't forget The Marriage Pact, The Lincoln Logs show, and the ads for the Kevin Hart movie and the Weird Al movie, both of which have been out for almost a year now.

Had I typed this out over the weekend, I could have told you the order that they are always being run.
When you see repetitive commercials - especially one for the service/platform you're on or using - it's usually a sign the carrier hasn't been able to sell the ad space in the normal way. Instead of having 30s or whatever of dead time in an ad break, they backfill with low-dollar advertisers that allow them to plug the gap with repeat ads, but usually the service/platform will thrown in its own advertising in those instances rather than give a partner discounted (or free) air time. Martha Stewart and Lincoln Logs, for example, I think are actually on the Roku Channel, right? So they're advertising without having to buy the time.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Commercials that I hate

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:37 pm

there's a Hulu commercial/bumper thing that is absolutely terrifyingly bizarre. A family of "tvs" (like their heads are screens) sit down on the sofa and watch a feral human sit in a box as a sitcom audience laughs

just **** weird as ****

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Commercials that I hate

Postby iamjs » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:27 pm

Not sure if any of you in here have Roku, but my hate for them is that they run the same ten commercials in the same order. My sister watches a lot of Bones, CSI, NCIS, etc and it's the same ads over and over and over on whatever channel that is.

Emeril gets two ads for his channel.
Martha Stewart get an ad for her channel. According to her ad, apparently she's a bit of a multi-tasker.
There's an CSI ad where Doug is a delivery guy on ho island and ends up getting choked out while getting back into his truck. That one is on so much that even when my mom sees that it's on, she's like "don't do it, Doug!"
And I can't forget The Marriage Pact, The Lincoln Logs show, and the ads for the Kevin Hart movie and the Weird Al movie, both of which have been out for almost a year now.

Had I typed this out over the weekend, I could have told you the order that they are always being run.
When you see repetitive commercials - especially one for the service/platform you're on or using - it's usually a sign the carrier hasn't been able to sell the ad space in the normal way. Instead of having 30s or whatever of dead time in an ad break, they backfill with low-dollar advertisers that allow them to plug the gap with repeat ads, but usually the service/platform will thrown in its own advertising in those instances rather than give a partner discounted (or free) air time. Martha Stewart and Lincoln Logs, for example, I think are actually on the Roku Channel, right? So they're advertising without having to buy the time.
They're all Roku stations that are being advertised and I kinda figured it was dead commercial space that wasn't being filled. But it's weird that it's only one specific channel (in this case, Ion Network) that has this repetitive loop of Roku channel promotions and that they haven't changed anything about it in months. If I go onto Buzzr, The Price Is Right channel, or the MST3K channel, they all have different ads. Actually the MST3K might just promote itself during the breaks so that might not be the best example.

But the point being is that they not only have the same ad rotation, it's in the same order. At least change the order to show that you're trying I guess.