Can you catch pneumonia from someone who got a pneumonia vaccine?

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:35 pm

I'm trying to google it but can't find anything.

I've had a serious flu for several days. Two nights ago I had a 102 fever, shaking chills, etc. Last night 101. I am getting flooded with thick yellow phlegm. So much that I couldn't sleep till 5:30am last night because every time I laid down I'd get a suffocating feeling in my upper chest and throat. Couldn't even sleep in a chair sitting up. Somehow it let me go sleep at 5:30. Chest pains, muscle aches (especially the entire back). I'm planning to go to the doctor in a day or two if it doesn't get better.

But early in the week I went with my mom to her doctor because she was complaining of a similar thing, and she got some meds but hers mostly went away 2 days later (she wanted to give me her meds but I want her to take all as prescribed). I know I caught the flu from her, but mine seems more serious and now I'm worried the flu might turn into pneumonia.

So that's why the question. Oh yeah, during her visit with the doc, they talked her into the pneumonia vaccine.

llipgh2

Postby llipgh2 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:46 pm

She probably had a form of pneumonia before they gave her the vaccine. Walking pneumonia, perhaps. Or you caught it in the doctor's office.

They tried to talk me into getting the vaccine when I was diagnosed with pneumonia a few years ago. Given it has so many complications, I told them I'd take my chances with pneumonia again.

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:52 pm

She probably had a form of pneumonia before they gave her the vaccine. Walking pneumonia, perhaps. Or you caught it in the doctor's office.

They tried to talk me into getting the vaccine when I was diagnosed with pneumonia a few years ago. Given it has so many complications, I told them I'd take my chances with pneumonia again.
Yes, I read the leaked emails from the CDC and the (scientist/doctor) whistle blower interviews, where I generally do not trust vaccines now. Not saying they're bad, just risky.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:57 pm

I'd rather get the vaccine/treatment than possibly die from pneumonia.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:00 pm

I'd rather get the vaccine/treatmentautism than possibly die from pneumonia.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:02 pm

Oh boy. Here we go.

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:02 pm

lol, well...

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:07 pm

I hope this was just a troll bait post, than you actually believing that.

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:22 pm

I hope this was just a troll bait post, than you actually believing that.
But even the information inserts that come with a couple of those vaccines say that is one of the side effects. It's really not BS. CDC website stated it also on one of their webpages. And those leaked emails where they talked about how they're covering it up...

Check out the fda.gov website for Tripedia. It clearly states "autism". I can't remember the second vaccine that may cause it as well.

Young kids and women who are pregnant should absolutely not take it.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:50 pm

:face:

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:54 pm

Ehhhh... It states autism bc uninformed(dumb) parents reported their kid got autism from the vaccine. Not that the FDA linked autism to vaccines.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:57 pm

:face:

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:58 pm

I got a tetanus shot a couple years ago, maybe I'm autistic now :panic:

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:00 pm

Ehhhh... It states autism bc uninformed(dumb) parents reported their kid got autism from the vaccine. Not that the FDA linked autism to vaccines.
No, you're wrong. I don't think you've read enough about it.

And do you honestly think that the government and, especially, the pharmaceutical companies give a damn about your health?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:05 pm

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:06 pm

You said read the FDA site, which says:
Adverse events reported during post-approval use of Tripedia vaccine include idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, SIDS,
anaphylactic reaction, cellulitis, autism, convulsion/grand mal convulsion, encephalopathy, hypotonia, neuropathy, somnolence
and apnea. Events were included in this list because of the seriousness or frequency of reporting. Because these events are
reported voluntarily from a population of uncertain size, it is not always possible to reliably estimate their frequencies or to
establish a causal relationship to components of Tripedia vaccine.
It doesn't say what you seem to think it does.

Also, to your question, even if answered with a "No", that doesn't mean Tripedia causes autism.

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:06 pm

yeah yeah. Lots of pro-government websites. Now go find the leaked CDC emails and conversations with people who worked on those.

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:09 pm

Adverse events reported during post-approval use of Tripedia vaccine include idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, SIDS,
anaphylactic reaction, cellulitis, autism, convulsion/grand mal convulsion, encephalopathy, hypotonia, neuropathy, somnolence
and apnea. Events were included in this list because of the seriousness or frequency of reporting. Because these events are
reported voluntarily from a population of uncertain size, it is not always possible to reliably estimate their frequencies or to

Also, to your question, even if answered with a "No", that doesn't mean Tripedia causes autism.
I'm sorry, but I have zero trust in the pharmaceutical companies and I don't know why any rational person would.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:09 pm

yeah yeah. Lots of pro-government websites. Now go find the leaked CDC emails and conversations with people who worked on those.
Is this what you are referring to:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/c ... blower.asp

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:11 pm

Nah slappy, that's just the gubmint trying to fool you and give your kids autism so they're too dumb to fight against the man, man.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:11 pm

I'm sorry, but I have zero trust in the pharmaceutical companies and I don't know why any rational person would.
But do you understand what the Tripedia insert actually says? It says that these are self-reported events that occurred after Tripedia was administered. It does not establish causation.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:19 pm

This has been so thoroughly debunked that I have a hard time believing that serious adults can still believe this in 2016.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:21 pm

This has been so thoroughly debunked that I have a hard time believing that serious adults can still believe this in 2016.
I watched about the crappiest, worst movie of all time, rip to the franchise. Star Wars VII - The Force Awakens. I could write a book on everything that is wrong with it, but I'll just leave it at "everything".

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:22 pm

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:25 pm

But do you understand what the Tripedia insert actually says? It says that these are self-reported events that occurred after Tripedia was administered. It does not establish causation.
Do you know what the FDA guidelines are for disclosing this sort of information? The FDA requires pharma companies to disclose pretty much every single patient-reported event that happens during the clinical trial, without regard to causality. These trials can take years to complete, which is why drug commercials are replete with things like "may cause rectal bleeding, suicidal thoughts, or death". Cos if a trial patient's butt bled during the trial it has to be disclosed to consumers, whether the drug caused it or not.

I was curious if the FDA takes a similar approach with its own disclosures.