Blackjack's Thread of Illness and Ailments

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed May 26, 2021 7:49 am

I have a device with a wireless receiver with a modem in it next to my bed that reads my defibrillator every few months and transmits the data to the company in TX and back to the cardiologist's office for a doctor to look at. The wireless in the defibrillator stopped working a few months ago so tomorrow I have use this wand device pushed against my chest to read the data in and push a few buttons to get it to submit. I asked about rebooting the device and they said that they couldn't be sure it would come back up. $100K device/operation. It has 5.75 years of battery life remaining.
That's wild. So there is no way of restarting it if something goes awry?
I guess if they have to restart it they will but they can't be sure it will reboot properly.

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Wed May 26, 2021 10:03 pm

I just picked up a 10 pack of generic Xyzal to try it out.

Going to try a Xyzal tonight, I hear taking it at night is better?
Any success after your first dose?

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Thu May 27, 2021 12:08 am

I just picked up a 10 pack of generic Xyzal to try it out.

Going to try a Xyzal tonight, I hear taking it at night is better?
Any success after your first dose?
I woke up and felt.. Decent. Not amazing but definitely noticed a difference

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:30 am

Went to have my permanent crown put on this morning. 45 minutes of annoying pain later, turns out the permanent crown doesn't fit right so they had to put the temporary crown back on, and I have to go back in two weeks. Ugh.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:31 am

Also, has anyone else ever had to have one of those 3D mouth scanners used? At one point, I had to almost shove all of the arms away from me because I was literally gagging on a combination of the scanner and the suction thing. It's absurdly large (twss)

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:33 am

Went to have my permanent crown put on this morning. 45 minutes of annoying pain later, turns out the permanent crown doesn't fit right so they had to put the temporary crown back on, and I have to go back in two weeks. Ugh.
That happened with my last crown a few months ago. Glad she decided that she didn't like the fit, because it definitely felt a little strange. The new crown was much better, and I didn't even know anything had changed a few days later.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:39 am

That happened with my last crown a few months ago. Glad she decided that she didn't like the fit, because it definitely felt a little strange. The new crown was much better, and I didn't even know anything had changed a few days later.
Yup, as soon as I bit down with the permanent crown in, I knew it didn't feel right. Annoying I have to go back but better now than later.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:27 am

"My bursitis is acting up" might be the most 50 year old thing I have ever said.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:05 am

Hibachi shrimp was a bad choice

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:08 am

Hibachi shrimp was a bad choice
Never sounds like a bad choice. Unless you have an allergy.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:51 pm

Thanks. Yeah I think I might need a new mattress. I like firm everything... Pillow, mattress, etc. My wife is the opposite.
We're in the market to replace our mattress and box spring (we bought them in 2010, so we're due). I did a search here for mattress and ran across this post from shad.

Not a single person made a wife/firm/penis joke. I'm ashamed of all of you.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:43 pm

I suppose I should also ask... queen size mattress recommendations? Hopefully not more than $1,000.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:51 pm

I suppose I should also ask... queen size mattress recommendations? Hopefully not more than $1,000.
Hard or soft?

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:53 pm

I prefer sleeping on a stone, my wife prefers sleeping in something with the structural integrity of a marshmallow, so medium, I guess.

Kane

Postby Kane » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:54 pm

Sounds like the recipe for a Sleep Number.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:04 pm

nah nah nah... I don't want a mattress I have to plug in.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:13 pm

We got our mattress from the original mattress factory here in Pittsburgh, but not sure if they go as far across the state as your are c2i...think they are just local. I think we paid like 1200ish for our King size mattress and box springs. It's really comfortable though and worth every penny.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:21 pm

Where was the fit off? I have a crown/bridge thing connecting 18 to 21, and when they fitted it the thing was a bit too tall and I couldn't close my jaw completely for chewing purposes. It was funny, because while the fit was literally less than 1 mm off, it felt like I was holding a pencil in my teeth when I tried close my mouth. They were able to re-shape it on the spot and file it down until it sat properly.

Flossing it is fun, cause it doesn't sit flush with the gum line; you have to make sure you clean under it, too.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:23 pm

I prefer sleeping on a stone, my wife prefers sleeping in something with the structural integrity of a marshmallow, so medium, I guess.
There are so many options these days. Do you want the traditional mattress and box spring or one of those newfangled mattress in the box ones?

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:38 pm

There are so many options these days. Do you want the traditional mattress and box spring or one of those newfangled mattress in the box ones?
I’m currently in the market and we’ve had a king mattress but we are now looking at getting two Twin XL size so we can each have our own choice.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:30 pm

Where was the fit off? I have a crown/bridge thing connecting 18 to 21, and when they fitted it the thing was a bit too tall and I couldn't close my jaw completely for chewing purposes. It was funny, because while the fit was literally less than 1 mm off, it felt like I was holding a pencil in my teeth when I tried close my mouth. They were able to re-shape it on the spot and file it down until it sat properly.

Flossing it is fun, cause it doesn't sit flush with the gum line; you have to make sure you clean under it, too.
Ouch... That's wild.

I think it just wasn't seating properly. It's only on one tooth. Thankfully I went yesterday and it fit perfectly after some minor adjustments.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:45 am

we bought a Casper in Fall of 2019 and we love it. lots of sales right now so you should be able to get one for under $1k.
a friend bought an Avocado mattress a few months back but that's such a hipster thing that I doubt it's under $1k, even on sale.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:57 am

I'm gonna head to the mattress store down the road and give some a test run.... will report back.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:59 am

Avoid Mattress Firm if you can help it.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:01 am

I've got mattress wearhouse, mattress firm, and then furniture store options.