Blackjack's Thread of Illness and Ailments

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:44 am

I took some pain meds and the throat swelling went away. That never worked with strep, so probably not that. Still sucks balls.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:33 am

FIL positive for COVID today. There went Christmas dinner...wife is super bummed about it.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:55 pm

We were locked down for COVID this week last year, so I empathize.

We got our two flu cases and one crud case over with for Thanksgiving.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:00 pm

Just found out a friend of mine tested positive for COVID today. She was at my house for about 30 min Weds. Andy idea how long I reasonably need to wait before I'll know whether or not I'm in the clear.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:00 pm

Just found out a friend of mine tested positive for COVID today. She was at my house for about 30 min Weds. Andy idea how long I reasonably need to wait before I'll know whether or not I'm in the clear.
New gf?

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:04 pm

Ha, no.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:12 pm

I swear I read that you should wait 4 days post-exposure, but am not certain.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:15 pm

I think omicron is still the variant that’s trendy at the moment. 3-4 days sound about right for that variant.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:15 pm

I took some pain meds and the throat swelling went away. That never worked with strep, so probably not that. Still sucks balls.
Could be COVID. My mother and sister both tested positive last week and said a really bad sore throat, headache and dizziness were the main symptoms. Mrs K's parents both had the same symptoms the week before but didn't test.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:02 pm

Could be. I’m not leaving the house anyways, so I’m not gonna test for it. I had covid once and this doesn’t feel anything like that. The cough is wayyyyyyy too wet.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:14 pm

Could be. I’m not leaving the house anyways, so I’m not gonna test for it. I had covid once and this doesn’t feel anything like that. The cough is wayyyyyyy too wet.
What sort of man of science are you.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:53 am

Slept 12 hours last night (with some assistance from NyQuil) and feel so much better. Still have a sore throat, but man oh man. I feel like a million bucks compared to yesterday.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:47 am

My son has had eczema since he was a baby, although he hasn't had an outbreak in years until the last few weeks. I think it's stress related with college acceptance stuff, tbh.

As we don't have a regular family doctor yet, my wife took him to urgent care yesterday. Signed in online, texted when it was time to drive in, and they were in and out in 30 minutes. Prescribed a cream for the eczema on his hand and an oral antibiotic to keep the impending infection at bay. Knowing how **** up the pharmacies are these days, we went about our business and went out a few hours later to pick the scripts up. They only had one, of course, just the cream. Urgent care is closed for the day.

My wife calls this morning and they have no record of the doctor prescribing antibiotics, just the cream. The attending physician yesterday isn't working today, but she mentioned twice during their visit that make sure to take all of the antibiotics so the infection doesn't spread up his arm. She forgot to put it in the chart, obviously. After another wait on hold, the nurse comes back on the line and says they can't do anything. The attending physician isn't able to prescribe anything and yesterday's doctor is out of town. My wife goes HAM on the nurse saying with the holiday break coming, we don't want to end up in an emergency room with an infected hand or worse because your doctor forgot to chart something.

"Uh, yes ma'am, we'll call an antibiotic in. What was your pharmacy?"

Jesus, these people are awful. Just inept. It takes my wife flipping out at them to do the right thing - and I guarantee that doctor, when she does return, will deny ever mentioning prescribing antibiotics, just to save face. If they even talk about it again. Clowns.

Merry Christmas.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:49 am

Slept 12 hours last night (with some assistance from NyQuil) and feel so much better. Still have a sore throat, but man oh man. I feel like a million bucks compared to yesterday.
Same except only 9 hours. Thank God. Weird bug

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:37 am

Both kids woke up with the flu. Merry bodily fluids. I’m eating now just waiting for it to hit me.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:50 am

Woke up feeling like garbage, but honestly, after a bakers dozen of tissues, and hacking up some slugs from my throat, I’m feeling alright.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:13 am

Did you randomly just get super bloodshot eyes a few days after it knocked you on your ass for a day. My daughter had it about 2 days post sickness, I’ve got it today (day 4 of illness).

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:09 pm

Did you randomly just get super bloodshot eyes a few days after it knocked you on your ass for a day. My daughter had it about 2 days post sickness, I’ve got it today (day 4 of illness).
No I haven't knock on wood. I started getting sick 12/21, was on my arse 12/22-12/23, felt OK 12/24 and decent yesterday and today. Throat still doesn't feel great unless I drink something hot or take ibuprofen

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:11 pm

Both kids woke up with the flu. Merry bodily fluids. I’m eating now just waiting for it to hit me.
My FiL got sick at Christmas Eve service, I felt worse throughout the day yesterday, threw up after dinner, and stayed in bed for 16 hours. I'm fine today, although definitely feeling a little shitty.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:18 pm

Lesson learned, stop going to church.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:49 pm

Lesson learned, stop going to church.
You kidding me, he prayed for healing and got it. God is good. :slug:

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:45 am

Round and round we go. Kids just stopped puking and now I’m up to bat… wife is next I’m sure.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:14 am

Couldn't sleep, and I feel like I'm getting a sore throat. We're supposed to go to the movies tomorrow, so now that's in question for me, at least.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:54 am

No I haven't knock on wood. I started getting sick 12/21, was on my arse 12/22-12/23, felt OK 12/24 and decent yesterday and today. Throat still doesn't feel great unless I drink something hot or take ibuprofen
It took the kangaroo more than two weeks to finally get rid if the runny nose and probably around a week to get ride of the sore throat. This all happened about a month ago. It’s not Covid, but whatever it is, it blows.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:25 am

I got hit with whatever germ was going around Thanksgiving. I had already scheduled Thanksgiving week off so I could burn off my PTO. Wouldn't you know I got sick the day before and everything cleared the night before I returned to work.

Fast forward a month. Same thing happens. Ended up calling off Thursday before Christmas and I think I'm mostly cleared up as of last night. Like KtK said, it wasn't the Vid but damn if it wasn't the same symptoms. Running nose, sore throat, little bit of fatigue, although that 11 hr night of sleep really felt good. I'm almost wondering if I never fully cleared from the original thing that I had from Thanksgiving.

I'm flying to Orlando to hang out with friends on NYE. Because I have vacation scheduled and because of how the last month has gone, I'm fully expecting to get sick again. If I don't get sick before my trip, I guarantee I catch something on the flight down.