nocera

Politics And Current Events

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:57 pm

Where you at, dodint?

meow'd.

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:05 pm

Reason No. 1,342 why Elon Musk is probably not an ideal public company executive. :lol:

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:11 pm

Where you at, dodint?

meow'd.
In the other thread that is discussing this.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:41 pm

I'm seeing a lot of let's go Brendan flags going up around town as of lately, wtf is this?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:43 pm

I'm seeing a lot of let's go Brendan flags going up around town as of lately, wtf is this?
I was going to ask the same thing. It has to be some new trend with the nutjobs.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:44 pm

A naive reporter heard people chanting "**** you Biden" and claimed they were saying "Lets Go Brandon".

The QOP is running with it.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:44 pm

It's a way for the MAGA nutjobs to say "F*ck Joe Biden" without saying it. I was confused as well the other day, so I had to look it up... Apparently there was a sporting event where a portion of the crowd was chanting "F*ck Joe Biden" and the announcer said, "I believe they're saying 'Let's go Brandon!'"

I've seen some of my Bedford County FB friends posting about how it's a troll and it triggers all the dumb libs.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:45 pm

"Triggers" is not the same thing as "confuses."

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:48 pm

I just looked it up. There was a "F Joe Biden" chant going on after a NASCAR race, and could be audibly heard on TV. A reporter was interviewing winner Brandon Brown, and said the crowd was chanting "Let's Go Brandon".

So people started to use Let's Go Brandon to replace F Joe Biden. There was a rap song written as well titled Let's go Brandon that I guess has went viral on TikTok and then became a #1 seller on iTunes.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:49 pm

It's a way for the MAGA nutjobs to say "F*ck Joe Biden" without saying it. I was confused as well the other day, so I had to look it up... Apparently there was a sporting event where a portion of the crowd was chanting "F*ck Joe Biden" and the announcer said, "I believe they're saying 'Let's go Brandon!'"

I've seen some of my Bedford County FB friends posting about how it's a troll and it triggers all the dumb libs.
You failed to mention it’s also the title of the two top songs in the country after bumping Adele for the top spot.

https://bgr.com/entertainment/lets-go-b ... and-2/amp/
Last edited by blackjack68 on Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:50 pm

So what's this all about, then?

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:52 pm

There was a rap song written as well titled Let's go Brandon that I guess has went viral on TikTok and then became a #1 seller on iTunes.
If I didn't have morals, I'd write some post apoc books about Trump/Trumpers saving the country from the evil libs. Sort of an anti-Handmaid's Tale. They'd probably sell like crazy and give me enough money to retire early.

Man, I'm almost talking myself into this. All I'd have to give up is my soul.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:54 pm

Use a pen name. Exploit those idiots.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:55 pm

There was a rap song written as well titled Let's go Brandon that I guess has went viral on TikTok and then became a #1 seller on iTunes.
If I didn't have morals, I'd write some post apoc books about Trump/Trumpers saving the country from the evil libs. Sort of an anti-Handmaid's Tale. They'd probably sell like crazy and give me enough money to retire early.

Work smarter not harder. In this climate, that's pretty smart

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:55 pm

Go for it. Souls are overrated.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:00 pm

Can't give up your soul if you don't believe in them... pointstohead.jpg

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:06 pm

I've had this same thought, but in the form of a Twitter account. I've been driving around and had some really random conservative thoughts/rumors that I know would absolutely catch fire.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:09 pm

I've been to two Penguin games this year. I've heard the "F* Joe Biden" and "Let's Go Brandon" chants multiple times throughout the game.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:11 pm

I've been to two Penguin games this year. I've heard the "F* Joe Biden" and "Let's Go Brandon" chants multiple times throughout the game.
If only there was a vaccine requirement. :pop:

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:18 pm

I've had this same thought, but in the form of a Twitter account. I've been driving around and had some really random conservative thoughts/rumors that I know would absolutely catch fire.
dodint69

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:18 pm

Again pointing to why they don't believe it possible for Trump to have lost and Biden to have won. In their bubble, in their world, Trump is incredible, the GOP is incredible, the democrats are the devil, and it's proof because these psychos are out in the world starting these chants and a small portion of fellow psychos join in. Has nothing to do with the fact that the majority of Americans don't want to worship political figures or have the entirety of their life defined by who they vote for.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:23 pm

I don't have any morals so that wouldn't be an issue but I also can't write for ****. Otherwise I would have no problem doing this

it would be even funnier if you did this, got the Trumpers to worship you and then you pull out the rug from under them and admit that you did it all because they're all so woefully prone to manipulation

rednecks would actively try to kill you, definitely, but it'd be fun

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:25 pm

Well, both Tucker and Alex Jones have said under oath that they're satire and not to be taken seriously; specifically that 'no reasonable people would believe this content to be serious'. Their audience doesn't care.
Last edited by dodint on Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:25 pm

MAGA people sure are clever.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:27 pm

Well, both Tucker and Alex Jones have said under oath that they're satire and not to be taken seriously. Their audience doesn't care.
Yeah... but then they just go back to the show. Tony would just go full scorched Earth talking about how dumb and gullible these people are. I'd watch that Netflix documentary, for sure.