Star Wars discussion (SPOILERS INCLUDED)

tifosi77

Star Wars discussion

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:55 pm

Yeah, that might actually be the most badass moment of the six movies. He sorta gets aggro on Vader, "What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me." And Vader acquiesces! Awesome stuff that you maybe don't appreciate for subtext as a seven-year old.

It's difficult to treat anything that happened in the prequel trilogy with any level of seriousness. So a Fett origin story would necessarily focus on his Mandalorian heritage, not so much on the fact that he's an unaltered clone of Jango.

Dickie Dunn

Star Wars discussion

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:09 pm

I never got into any of the extended universe stuff, but it would be nice if they decided to make the prequel trilogy no longer canon.

nocera

Star Wars discussion

Postby nocera » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:13 pm

Unfortunately, the prequel trilogy is here to stay. Plus, it seems that most kids prefer the prequels to the OT. My nephews and my girlfriend's nephews are both into Star Wars and love Clone Wars, Rebels, and the prequels. They'll watch those before any one of the OT films.

If anything, I'd love for the Special Editions and subsequent changes to be removed from existence. At least give us a good quality blu-ray of the theatrical versions. Please, Disney? I have the Limited Editions but the transfers are mud.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Star Wars discussion

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:16 pm

I want to go into Lucas' mind to see what he was thinking when he made the special editions. It's like if Monet took his lily paintingS and smeared sh*t all over them

CBear3

Star Wars discussion

Postby CBear3 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:30 pm

I never got into any of the extended universe stuff, but it would be nice if they decided to make the prequel trilogy no longer canon.
That would be like revoking Papal infallibility. Not happening while he's still alive.

tifosi77

Star Wars discussion

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:33 pm

Unfortunately, the prequel trilogy is here to stay. Plus, it seems that most kids prefer the prequels to the OT. My nephews and my girlfriend's nephews are both into Star Wars and love Clone Wars, Rebels, and the prequels. They'll watch those before any one of the OT films.

If anything, I'd love for the Special Editions and subsequent changes to be removed from existence. At least give us a good quality blu-ray of the theatrical versions. Please, Disney? I have the Limited Editions but the transfers are mud.
The rights to Ep IV remain with 20th Century Fox in perpetuity, and they have publicly stated they won't do anything that goes against Lucas' wishes (even now that he's really a non-factor). The rights to Eps V, VI and I-III revert to LucasFilm (e.g. Disney) in five years. It will be difficult if not impossible to have the original trilogy in its original form available during Lucas' lifetime.

Dickie Dunn

Star Wars discussion

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:34 pm

The rights to Ep IV remain with 20th Century Fox in perpetuity, and they have publicly stated they won't do anything that goes against Lucas' wishes (even now that he's really a non-factor). The rights to Eps V, VI and I-III revert to LucasFilm (e.g. Disney) in five years. It will be difficult if not impossible to have the original trilogy in its original form available during Lucas' lifetime.
Ugh. I feel awful wishing for someone to die.

nocera

Star Wars discussion

Postby nocera » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:43 pm

That's disappointing. Luckily the Laserdisc rips are readily available online and I have the Limited Edition DVDs.

eddy

Star Wars discussion

Postby eddy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Doesn't someone flip the switch on fetts jet pack causing him to fly into the side of a ship and go down into the sarlac pit?

What was everyone's thoughts on him going like that after appearing to be so badass?

Dickie Dunn

Star Wars discussion

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:22 pm

Doesn't someone flip the switch on fetts jet pack causing him to fly into the side of a ship and go down into the sarlac pit?

What was everyone's thoughts on him going like that after appearing to be so badass?
The Ewok-effect. The beginning of the end of George Lucas' sanity.

eddy

Star Wars discussion

Postby eddy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:26 pm

The Ewok-effect. The beginning of the end of George Lucas' sanity.
What's the ewok effect?

Ps I like the ewoks (even battle for endor with that terrifying teek thing)

Edit:I guess you pretty much say above.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Star Wars discussion

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:34 pm

Doesn't someone shoot Fett's jetpack which causes it to malfunction?

Anyway, yeah, he went out like a dodint. Robot Chicken really rips on him

tifosi77

Star Wars discussion

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:34 pm

Blind Han turns around and accidentally smacks the jet pack with a stick, sending the most badass character in the films haplessly careening into the side of Jabba's sail barge, and thence into the sand vagine, who burps loudly. This, to George Lucas, is clever screenwriting.

tifosi77

Star Wars discussion

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:39 pm

The Ewok-effect.
I Goggled this to see if it was a real thing in the SW fan world or a clever thing you made up. First search result was for the Wookieepedia entry for 'Ewok Handlers', which reads thusly:
Ewok Handlers were soldiers used by the Zann Consortium. They were armed with Gaffi Sticks and used Ewoks as bombs.

Prior to battle, the handlers captured many Ewoks and strap vests with explosives such as Thermal detonators on them. When enemy infantry got near to Zann's forces, the handlers unleashed their confused captives, who then ran towards the enemies in hopes of salvation, only to blow up in a devastating explosion that engulfed both the Ewoks and the targets.
As in humane and terrible as that thought is, I find that I can't stop laughing at this mental image.

eddy

Star Wars discussion

Postby eddy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:42 pm

Haha poor bastards

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Star Wars discussion

Postby Spangler » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:04 pm

For as much as the prequels ruined Boba Fett, The Clone Wars cartoon salvages the character.

Child Boba Fett attempts to assassinate Mace Windu with a bomb, and he nearly succeeds but Mace gets lucky. At least that's how I remember it.

NAN

Star Wars discussion

Postby NAN » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:12 am

I love Lucas for creating Star Wars and hate him for ruining it.

Dickie Dunn

Star Wars discussion

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:43 am

The Ewok-effect.
I Goggled this to see if it was a real thing in the SW fan world or a clever thing you made up. First search result was for the Wookieepedia entry for 'Ewok Handlers', which reads thusly:
Ewok Handlers were soldiers used by the Zann Consortium. They were armed with Gaffi Sticks and used Ewoks as bombs.

Prior to battle, the handlers captured many Ewoks and strap vests with explosives such as Thermal detonators on them. When enemy infantry got near to Zann's forces, the handlers unleashed their confused captives, who then ran towards the enemies in hopes of salvation, only to blow up in a devastating explosion that engulfed both the Ewoks and the targets.
As in humane and terrible as that thought is, I find that I can't stop laughing at this mental image.
That is hilariously terrible. And yea, I've never heard the term "Ewok-effect" before. I really like ROTJ and it was my favorite as a kid (probably because of the damn Ewoks, win for Lucas?), but I now see them as a physical representation of Lucas making the movies even more kid friendly and adding in completely unnecessary silliness.

Clams Herbert

Star Wars discussion

Postby Clams Herbert » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:36 am

For as much as the prequels ruined Boba Fett, The Clone Wars cartoon salvages the character.

Child Boba Fett attempts to assassinate Mace Windu with a bomb, and he nearly succeeds but Mace gets lucky. At least that's how I remember it.
Yeah, he's basically getting groomed by a group of bounty hunters to become a badass. Bossk is there too. He REALLY comes close to killing Mace Windu. Like, holy **** he should be dead right now. Twice actually, almost got him AND Anakin.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Star Wars discussion

Postby meow » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:46 am

I have an original Bossk action figure - unopened. It's about the only Star Wars toy my brother and I didn't play with until it fell apart.

DigitalGypsy66

Star Wars discussion

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:09 pm

One of my son's first "real" toys was Bossk, for his 4th birthday. The new version, of course. Fully articulated, unlike the ol' Kenner figures.

tifosi77

Star Wars discussion

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:34 am

I'll just leave this here.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTNJ51ghzdY

Reveutopique

Star Wars discussion

Postby Reveutopique » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:10 am

George Washington died as stupidly as boba fett, nobody ever rips on him for it.
Haha stupid bastards
Fixt

tifosi77

Star Wars discussion

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:39 am

Washington died in his home of natural causes. There might not be a soldier in the world who doesn't want to punch out like that.

nocera

Star Wars discussion

Postby nocera » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:16 am

I'll just leave this here.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTNJ51ghzdY
This is better than any trailer they could put together.