Politics And Current Events

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:26 am

Well... she's got a point. She got canceled so hard that I've never even heard of her.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:09 am

I still think 1/6 was antifa.

“I call….bull crap!!” On this whole witch hunt

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:15 am

Setting aside the obvious political play here, this story sucks.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... from-fauci
"Our investigators show that Fauci’s NIH division shipped part of a $375,800 grant to a lab in Tunisia to drug beagles and lock their heads in mesh cages filled with hungry sand flies so that the insects could eat them alive," White Coat Waste said.
This is obviously demonic. Unfortunately it's probably common, maybe using dogs is unique, but torturing animals in labs is just bau.
That's basically where I am at. It's a horrendous thing - that I'm sure happens in the dark for a variety of things that we're consuming.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:18 am

So we just need a random report that everyone involved in the 1/6 insurrection also put puppies in cages to get eaten alive by fleas before the right demands an investigation?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:24 am

Setting aside the obvious political play here, this story sucks.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... from-fauci
"Our investigators show that Fauci’s NIH division shipped part of a $375,800 grant to a lab in Tunisia to drug beagles and lock their heads in mesh cages filled with hungry sand flies so that the insects could eat them alive," White Coat Waste said.
This is obviously demonic. Unfortunately it's probably common, maybe using dogs is unique, but torturing animals in labs is just bau.
That's basically where I am at. It's a horrendous thing - that I'm sure happens in the dark for a variety of things that we're consuming.
Right, other cultures view dogs the same way we view rats. It's all just absurd, but humans have been just massacring animals for sport, experiment, food, etc forever.

Pinning this to "Fauci" is just telling on yourself.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:35 am

Fauci is unable to use his position to prevent the current spread of the worst infectious disease of our time. Regardless of how shameful his time under Trump was, he’s not the right guy for the job. He’s neutered as an ambassador and his messaging strategy is to convince vaccinated people to get vaccinated. It’s been time for a new voice in that position for a while. If this hinky story gets us there, good.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:36 am

Didn't stop Ted Cruz from posting his outrage, and blaming Fauci directly lol.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:43 am

I get why Fauci stayed during the Trump era, as he was trying to be the sole reason, but he should have stepped aside and retired when Biden took office.

Reds were always going to blame Fauci or whoever Biden picked, but at least they could have started fresh.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:48 am

Between the NIH gain of funding research tumult and this, it's time for him to step aside. Not because I'm sure he's done anything wrong, but because the other half of the people that you need to convince aren't going to listen to you at all. It's time for a new message and messenger.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:17 am

He could still have his paid TV appearances if he retires. Maybe even a full time spot on the View, if he plays his cards right with that cute little face. I hope he knows this.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:46 am

Who are any of those people?
She must be big on twitter.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:49 am

Between the NIH gain of funding research tumult and this, it's time for him to step aside. Not because I'm sure he's done anything wrong, but because the other half of the people that you need to convince aren't going to listen to you at all. It's time for a new message and messenger.
I don't disagree but I have hard time believing anyone that replaced him would get through to the anti vaxxers at this point.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:53 am

Who are any of those people?
She must be big on twitter.
She used to write columns for the Times and quit and wrote this hilarious resignation letter.

https://www.bariweiss.com/resignation-letter
My own forays into Wrongthink have made me the subject of constant bullying by colleagues who disagree with my views. They have called me a Nazi and a racist; I have learned to brush off comments about how I’m “writing about the Jews again.” Several colleagues perceived to be friendly with me were badgered by coworkers. My work and my character are openly demeaned on company-wide Slack channels where masthead editors regularly weigh in.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:53 am

make Trump the head of the NIH

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:54 am

I don't disagree but I have hard time believing anyone that replaced him would get through to the anti vaxxers at this point.
True. They'll dig up something to discredit them. Hell Trump himself tells them to get vaccinated and they boo him so how far down the well would you have to go.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:16 pm

You don’t even need to fire Fauci. Just remove him from all things COVID, appoint a czar that isn’t in his orbit and then muzzle Fauci by stopping his paid appearance side hustle.

And cycle thru czars like Trump cycled through press secretaries.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:38 pm

This thread becomes absolutely hilarious for like 6 hours after any instance of the word 'Fauci'.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:40 pm

You don’t even need to fire Fauci. Just remove him from all things COVID, appoint a czar that isn’t in his orbit and then muzzle Fauci by stopping his paid appearance side hustle.

Any suggestions on who would be good for that job?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:47 pm

This thread becomes absolutely hilarious for like 6 hours after any instance of the word 'Fauci'.
Pretty much.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:48 pm

Fauci is 80 **** years old. HE SHOULD WANT TO STOP WORKING. I'm 48 in a few weeks, and I would GLADLY **** retire if I could.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:52 pm

Welcome to 2009’s thread about firing Therrien.

Lemme check my Rolodex and I’ll get back to you.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:13 pm

tif

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:24 pm

Fauci is a lab rat. Putting him on stage and in front of a mic had disaster written all over it from day one. He is a bad communicator and choices his words very poorly. He has added to the confusion, and in turn added to vaccine hesitancy, because he is not concise or clear when speaking. We would be in a better spot if someone made him a one slide PowerPoint with 6 bullet points on it.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:25 pm

Source of the post We would be in a better spot if someone made him a one slide PowerPoint with 6 bullet points on it.
Good luck finding anyone who has fewer than 6 bullet points on a single slide. Those people no longer exist.