Randomness Dos

robbiestoupe

Randomness Dos

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:52 pm

So over the weekend in SoCal, a Steelers fan at a bar gets challenged by a Forty Niner fan to fight. Local sports talk radio mentions that the Niners fan followed the Steelers fan outside of the bar and start swinging at the Steelers fan. Niners fan misses with a punch and hits some random dude, who in turn puts a beat down on Niners fan. Check Youtube, sure enough outside a Buffalo Wild Wings the video of the fight is posted. Digging a bit further, the previous Monday night, some Niners fans beat up a Vikings fan in the Niners stadium parking lot. An update on the multiple arrests is available at another Youtube post. Click the update, and get this guy: 'The Guy from Pittsburgh.' Episode # 527? Is 'The Guy from Pittsburgh' some locally known dude, or, guy??? Pretty involved to have 527 episodes on Youtube.

It's Mark Madden, he's well known.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Randomness Dos

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:53 pm

I don't think the issue of him skipping the dinner for soccer is bad.

It was the follow up answer and comments that were bad.

He should have said, "I'm sorry, Mrs. Manager, but I have a prior engagement. I won't be able to attend, but I thank you for the hospitality and hope to attend the next event."

Not, "Uhhh...I'm playing soccer. I guess I just don't care enough about my job yet. #CollegeMode"
SHES NOT MY SUPERVISOR

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Randomness Dos

Postby count2infinity » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:55 pm

He should have said, "I'm sorry, Mrs. Manager, but I have a prior engagement. I won't be able to attend, but I thank you for the hospitality and hope to attend the next event."

Not, "Uhhh...I'm playing soccer. I guess I just don't care enough about my job yet. #CollegeMode"
SHES NOT MY SUPERVISOR
If you want his address to fight him, just let me know. I can arrange something.

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:55 pm

So over the weekend in SoCal, a Steelers fan at a bar gets challenged by a Forty Niner fan to fight.
That was in Downey, right?
Last edited by tifosi77 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Randomness Dos

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:56 pm

You said you would go, so you should go. I mean, it's free food, I'd rather eat for free.

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:57 pm

Yeah, I don't think anyone was griping about him skipping the thing for soccer. It was literally everything else that came out of his mouth in this scenario.

BigMck

Randomness Dos

Postby BigMck » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:02 pm

So over the weekend in SoCal, a Steelers fan at a bar gets challenged by a Forty Niner fan to fight.
Yep. Niners fans are turning into as big of gang thugs as Raiders fans.

One of the arrests in the bay area beating was a 17 year old girl that the video clearly shows kicking the guy when he is on the ground. Anyone that really wants the NFL back in LA needs to watch a few of these fights that occur every game, be they Chargers, Raiders or Niners fans. Who wants to be subjected to this kind of stupid, drunken violence?

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:05 pm

Eagles fans?

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm

Yep. Niners fans are turning into as big of gang thugs as Raiders fans.

One of the arrests in the bay area beating was a 17 year old girl that the video clearly shows kicking the guy when he is on the ground. Anyone that really wants the NFL back in LA needs to watch a few of these fights that occur every game, be they Chargers, Raiders or Niners fans. Who wants to be subjected to this kind of stupid, drunken violence?
I have one friend who was nearly jumped by a gaggle of cholos in San Diego for wearing a Jets jersey to a playoff game. And another one was at a bar in AZ when her friend actually was jumped for wearing his Steelers jersey.

WT actual F?

Lemon Berry Lobster

Randomness Dos

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:08 pm

I didn't know Godric was a 9ers fan.

NAN

Randomness Dos

Postby NAN » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Saw that whole fight thing. What's up with San Fran fans always getting in fights. You constantly hear about 49ers or Giants fans either beating someone, or getting beat.

skullman80

Randomness Dos

Postby skullman80 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Yep this about sums it up and would have been the way I would have handled it if I didn't want to go.

NAN

Randomness Dos

Postby NAN » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:34 pm

I can't wait to read the comments after the party how he got overly drunk, peed in the fishtank, took all the leftovers and doesn't understand why the lady is upset. He's still in college mode.

MR25

Randomness Dos

Postby MR25 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:35 pm

Source of the post The manager found me on LinkedIn Thursday
So, for an idiot like me who is solely sending in applications for jobs, would creating a LinkedIn profile help increase my success rate/actually obtain an interview?

Sorry, I'm like 6 pages behind and am catching up for the day.

Craig

Randomness Dos

Postby Craig » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:38 pm

It definitely helps. My profile is a little out of date and i should update it but i get contacted with something worthwhile occasionally.

columbia

Randomness Dos

Postby columbia » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:44 pm

I've never been on it, but it does work for some (who have an established work history). I'm into the second week of my new position and have 13 employees. Organizationally, I'm "upper management". How did I get it? My boss interviewed dozens of people from the outside and was never satisfied. He finally said to me, "how do you see your future here"? I spent an hour telling him everything we needed to do and change. He skipped all of the procedural BS that goes with academia and promoted me to head up two different departments.

Life is weird and - like shad - stuff comes out of nowhere.

MR25

Randomness Dos

Postby MR25 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Source of the post I read something recently that people who don't job hop after 4-5 years are viewed as unmotivated.
Does it count if you're getting promoted within those 4-5 years? Or are they saying "completely leaving your place of employment, regardless of upward mobility"?

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:46 pm

LinkedIn is pretty great for networking. I get contacted about job openings probably 2-3 times a month.

MR25

Randomness Dos

Postby MR25 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:54 pm

So what if you're like me and the majority of your jobs have been volunteer work in a different field than what you're looking for?

Craig

Randomness Dos

Postby Craig » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:55 pm

You'll get contacted about things related to what you've done. It wont hurt though.

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Source of the post I've never been on it, but it does work for some (who have an established work history).
This is the gist I get. Mainly because my work history in my field is less than 4 years I don't get contacted for squat despite a well filled out profile. I maintain it because there will be a tipping point when it makes a difference and I won't have to scramble to fill it.

MR25, put as much or as little as you want and hope for the best. There is a separate section for volunteer work so you'll be able to keep it separate if that's what you want.
Source of the post I read something recently that people who don't job hop after 4-5 years are viewed as unmotivated.
Does it count if you're getting promoted within those 4-5 years? Or are they saying "completely leaving your place of employment, regardless of upward mobility"?
It was in the context of tech, where someone lands with a company and just sits there for 8-10 years without moving. I'll have to dig it up so I'm not misquoting it. In the federal system we have resumes that are pages and pages long, so each work assignment is treated as a distinct job. I was permanently reassigned to another division in my agency, so on my federal resume today I'll have 5 months in the first division as a 'job' and 6 months in my current division as it's own distinct job. The feds do this because time-in-grade qualifications are based on 52-weeks of experience, not just how long you've been in a particular agency. I actually like the system this way.

Craig

Randomness Dos

Postby Craig » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:09 pm

I wouldnt imagine promotions/movement within the same company would be a problem. Im not in br or a hiring manager though.

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:50 pm

Dinner at a residence during off hours? Abnormal.
Mrs Tif has been to about a dozen of them in the past two years.
I hate to break this to you but I think your wife is cheating on you.

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:51 pm

:lol:

Way to lower the boom with subtlety.

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:00 pm

:face: