COVID-19

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:35 am

That's why you eat the last of the hoagie, never know what's around the corner
This board sooooooo needs a "liked post" button.
@c2i

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:36 am

However, once he is vaxxed, all bets are off and if she wants to come at me for custody because I let our vaccinated child take karate lessons then she can bring it.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:06 pm

I’m *passively* rooting for them to die. In that I see a headline and nod in approval, acknowledging that the world is now incrementally better without them in it.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:14 pm

I dont care about the meanness, I just think there's a ton of energy from a lot of you guys going into things you can't control and if you take a step back, who cares? You're safe and can do pretty much anything you want. If the virus spreads among those dinguses, it is what it is
These people pass it to their kids who could easily pass it to mine. As soon as kids can get jabbed, your post is fine. But we’re not there yet, so we care.

Even if my kid isn’t infected they could have to go do remote schooling simply by being near one of these idiot’s offspring.

This ain’t a wrap, KC.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:19 pm

Yeah, I think that mentality was fine until school started. I think the northeast is in for a bit of a jolt this fall. But it will probably at least be concentrated in the communities with low vaccination rates.

genoscoif

COVID-19

Postby genoscoif » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:33 pm

geno, can I root for them to die now? I have vaccinated family in TN.
So do I...my parents live in Knoxville.

Tennessee has jacked up pretty much everything regarding COVID...to the extent that my parents are considering moving, and I kinda hope they do. This dumbass decision falls right in line with just about every other dumbass decision they've made.

You can certainly root for 'them' to die, dodint. I just don't. It's weird that wanting people to not die touches a nerve.

And you don't want them to die either, at least not in the fantasy karmic revenge way that most propose...by getting COVID, suffering, and finally being extinguished. You want them vaxxed (so do I), but if they're not vaxxed you shouldn't want them to get sick. That's really when all the bad stuff happens. Infect the unvaxxed, infect the vaxxed, variants, hospital crowding, etc. You should really hope these poor ignorant bastards never get COVID.

Unless, of course, you're suggesting just rounding all of these unclean people up and exterminating them. That would certainly be a solution. Almost like a final one. :slug:

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:36 pm

:thumb:

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:03 pm

I dont care about the meanness, I just think there's a ton of energy from a lot of you guys going into things you can't control and if you take a step back, who cares? You're safe and can do pretty much anything you want. If the virus spreads among those dinguses, it is what it is

As safe as anyone is going to be. Covid is not going away. It's going to be another endemic disease that will circulate within our population for the foreseeable future, just like influenza, malaria, measles, chicken pox, norovirus, herpes and other STDs, Lyme disease, rhinoviruses, edenoviruses, enterovirus, hepatovirus, etc. "Zero Covid" is a fantasy. If you haven't been exposed or gotten it already, then you will at some point, whether next week, next month, next year, or next decade. If you are fully vaccinated, then this is as safe as you are going to ever be. That might not be a comfortable thought, but it's reality. There is no way to guarantee that you won't ever catch Covid, and to the contrary you likely will.

For those of you who have children, your kids are vastly more likely to be killed in a car accident with you at the wheel than they are to die from Covid. Are you worried about driving them anywhere because you're going to accidentally kill them in a crash? No? Then don't be worried about Covid infection. Might they (and you) end up infected? Yeah. That is the new reality.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:21 pm

Those of us with kids own calendars and understand that this is all over in a couple months. So until then, we don’t need to hear the same rationalizations for why you don’t care about school shootings. This is something that should be very much under our control but isn’t because of MAGA swamp people.

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:47 pm

Those of us with kids own calendars and understand that this is all over in a couple months. So until then, we don’t need to hear the same rationalizations for why you don’t care about school shootings. This is something that should be very much under our control but isn’t because of MAGA swamp people.
Define "under our control." What are you expecting to happen? Do you think Covid will vanish from the Untied States forever and ever and we can all forget about it? Because there are no indications whatsoever that that will happen.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:48 pm

Yeah... what's over? Delta gonna disappear?

Shyster is all over this one.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:38 am

Woke up to a text saying the national guard is coming in to help with the surge of covid at my local hospital, that sounds fun

Viva la Ben

COVID-19

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:42 am

The new normal.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:47 am

Yeah... what's over? Delta gonna disappear?

Shyster is all over this one.
Is this really that confusing? My kids aren’t vaccinated. They will be in a couple months. When they’re vaccinated, I don’t care what other people do. Until then, there is a sufficient level of Billy Bobs in my local community who are handing it off to their children who sit in close proximity to my children at school. This is why I find Billy Bobs, nationwide, to be a particular problem for me and my family and other people with small children.

But our resident conservatives, minus shaf, have apparently had enough of the lopsided treatment of their people and have started to shift back to tribal defenses.

Not even sure what point you two are going for, really. Is it that Eddy should relaaaaax about his local hospital possibly not having resources to treat him if he has a heart attack or something?

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:11 am

And, to repeat once again, it'd also be nice if death wasn't the only factor ever considered here.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:16 am

And, to repeat once again, it'd also be nice if death wasn't the only factor ever considered here.
And the odds of long haul or even being symptomatic at all are insanely diminished by the vaccine which we need to go over again for some reason.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:37 am

70 kids were quarantined YESTERDAY in my district. My kid's say there are good amount of kids in their class who got mask exemptions and some of them have been in school coughing and snot nosed all over the place, hell, my daughter has been bullied because she wore a mask. My hospital is overrun with the absolute dumbest people in the world who won't get a free vaccine and in the meantime, I'm supposed to be worrying about my kid who has breathing problems to begin with getting into a car wreck. Cool.

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:45 am

Sorry eddy.

My friend who's a nurse posted a graphic from a prominent health system, showing that virtually everyone in their hospital for covid is unvaccinated. The first reply is "don't believe everything you read on the internet", by this person.
It's hard to put into words how much I loathe these people.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:47 am

70 kids were quarantined YESTERDAY in my district. My kid's say there are good amount of kids in their class who got mask exemptions and some of them have been in school coughing and snot nosed all over the place, hell, my daughter has been bullied because she wore a mask. My hospital is overrun with the absolute dumbest people in the world who won't get a free vaccine and in the meantime, I'm supposed to be worrying about my kid who has breathing problems to begin with getting into a car wreck. Cool.
Then again…Relax, eddy. Why so serious?

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:47 am

I certainly wouldn't believe anything she wrote on the internet.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:55 am

I do as well. But do you wish she was dead?

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:12 am

Another page of feeling bad for the unvaccinated lol

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:43 am

18 months of making sure hospitals don’t collapse, but when criticism is too partisan against your team, you forget such things and just let it ride.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:51 am

I do as well. But do you wish she was dead?
This is such simpleton nonsense.

I think the substance abuse metaphor from a couple of pages back is a good analogy here. These people are essentially addicted to the dopamine rush their brains get from spouting off nonsense on the internet and the feedback and engagement they get from doing so. Just like we want those heroine addicts to get over their addictions, we want these people to stop treating the vaccine like some internet game and go get the shot, and if it takes them getting covid and getting sick, so be it. It's not that you want that to happen, like, you don't want your sick friend to OD, but if an OD and trip to the hospital is the only way they get clean, then maybe, yeah, you kind of want that.

This whole "compassion" contest for the unvaccinated is such drivel. I "want" them to stop being idiots and get the vaccine, and I do think it's frustrating that these folks are so dug in. And if you've ever had a close relative struggle with addiction, you've probably spouted off at times and thought hurtful things.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:52 am

Another page of feeling bad for the unvaccinated lol
I don't think anyone on here, and certainly not me feels bad for the unvaccinated and what happens to them. I have little sympathy for if they die, at least for the individual. I just don't understand activitely rooting for death. That was the conversation yesterday.

As for "team", shmenguin is the only one that keeps bringing politics into this. Constantly saying MAGA, billy bobs, etc, yet passes over the 50% of the minority population, dems that aren't vaccinated, etc. I think the rest of us look at it as vaxxed vs unvaxxed regardless.

I'll reiterate, I loathe the people that won't get vaxxed (legit medical reasons do not apply). I do not think they should get any priority when they get sick, in fact I think they should be in the back of the line. Even non-COVID emergencies should get prefferred treatment over the unvaxxed in ICUs, etc. If/when they die, I do feel bad for their children or vaxxed family that were pushing them to get vaxxed, but have absolutely no sympathy for the individual when they are asking for prayers and eventually die. I think a lot of us are on the same page as well. Hell, call them all the names in the world and be "mean" to them. I don't care.

What was brought up though, and where I just don't understand, is the handful of people that post everyday that they are rooting for these individuals to die. That just doesn't register to me.