You know what really grinds my gears...

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:22 am

[ but i am curious about juicing. would like to try it once my littlest one gets a bit older and he stops feasting on all of my time and energy. i can't deal with anything new right now.

RE: Coffee...for anxiety, depression and my skin condition, getting rid of coffee was by far the single best thing i did. i would highly recommend it for mrs. loney. it was very disappointing to have to start drinking it again.

There are two impediments for me to get more into juicing. First is finding a way to get more produce cheaper and second is finding a way to utilize the scraps. Planning on going to a farm this weekend for apple picking and also see if some bulk produce can be had for cheap.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:25 am

I don't understand everyone's obsession with coffee. If you wake up and need a cup of coffee, that's not only an addiction but just unhealthy. I wake up and am perfectly functional with just water

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:27 am

I don't understand everyone's obsession with coffee. If you wake up and need a cup of coffee, that's not only an addiction but just unhealthy. I wake up and am perfectly functional with just water
I feel about the same, I'll have 1 cup a day usually when it's cold out, but any other time water is good enough.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:30 am

Water is the only drink that goes into my body. If I slam a 12oz glass right before bed and another right when I wake up, I feel ready to rock and roll.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:31 am

i'm functional for a while. but i have a child prevents me from sleeping, so i need to not fall asleep at my desk later in the day.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:32 am

Water is the only drink that goes into my body. If I slam a 12oz glass right before bed and another right when I wake up, I feel ready to rock and roll.
At this point, this is the same for me. The only non-water drink I've had in the past week+ was alcohol, and that was just on Saturday.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:44 am

Yeah, I also don't drink coffee and I'm not really much of a sleeper...I've actually never had a cup of coffee in my entire life...

I drink mostly water, but also some juices...no soda (well, unless there is alcohol in it), no coffee, never been a big fan of either of those...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:48 am

I used to drink BioSteel when all the cool kids were doing it. I don't have a need for it anymore so I stopped.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:49 am

no soda (well, unless there is alcohol in it)
No, of course not. Wouldn't want to be unhealthy... :roll:

:D :slug:

I drink about 6 cups of coffee a week. 4 of those are usually on the weekends. I don't need coffee to function (I haven't had any since Sunday), but I do love the taste of a well made cuppa. Coffee and olives are similar to me in that I only enjoy the higher end of the product. I will not maxwell house from a drip machine. I am completely aware that this makes me a coffee snob but since I only drink it for the flavor and aroma then why would I bother with anything less?

Another peeve; I have a new cube neighbor and he wears a metric fecal ton of cologne.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:52 am

Alcohol kills germs you dolt!

Re: your new pet peeve. We have a "share the air" policy at my company and on one extreme instance, someone was sent home for being able to be smelled (?) from more than an arm's length away...

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:54 am

Count me in as a coffee snob @pfidc. A really good coffee is a joy. I drink usually 7-10 servings per week.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:54 am

Re: your new pet peeve. We have a "share the air" policy at my company and on one extreme instance, someone was sent home for being able to be smelled (?) from more than an arm's length away...
I look forward to your reports on the inevitable "how smelly was I, really?" lawsuit.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:55 am

MiMH strong out of the gate again today. :thumb:

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:55 am

Never had a cup of coffee in my life either. I usually do drink a can of diet soda to get some caffeine, or drink a glass or two of iced tea, but then the rest of the day it's water.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:57 am

Count me in as a coffee snob @pfidc. A really good coffee is a joy. I drink usually 7-10 servings per week.
My morning coffee is definitely a sort of comfort food.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:59 am

I'm moving cubes today or tomorrow or else I would probably say something. I'm dying over here...

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:03 am

I'm probably becoming a coffee snob, too. I went from needing it to just to enjoy it over the last year or so. Now I just drink water all day at work and Iced Tea at home.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:06 am

I take coffee snob to another level. I have a french press at work and Peaberry beans and a grinder in my bottom desk drawer. I think I need help...

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:06 am

I'm moving cubes today or tomorrow or else I would probably say something. I'm dying over here...
On top of the cube, the divider wall, just put a giant box fan that blows the stink back towards that doofus...

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:14 am

Subtle...I like it

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:26 am

All about a cup of tea for myself. Irish breakfast in the morning and then a switch to Earl Grey. I might drink 4 to 5 during a 9-5 shift, I have an addiction to caffeine...

Gabe

Postby Gabe » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:38 am

We have the same kind of policy Mikey. It extends to heating up food in the break room. We were told on orientation day not to bring microwave popcorn or fish dishes to work and expect to be able to heat them in the breakrooms. There are microwaves in a common area cafeteria that is for the whole business complex. You can cook your smelly food there.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:40 am

I take coffee snob to another level. I have a french press at work and Peaberry beans and a grinder in my bottom desk drawer. I think I need help...
This, except all accouterments are at my abode.

I only drink one cup of coffee a day, but it's a 16-20 ouncer

bhflyhigh

Postby bhflyhigh » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:46 am

I'm addicted to coffee. I make a pot every morning. It goes into the thermos and I drink it all day.
The weekend is when I make the better stuff. French press and freshly ground beans.
Is it really that bad for you? Everything I've read is that it's ok.

bhflyhigh

Postby bhflyhigh » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:48 am

It also blows my mind when people tell me that they've never even tried coffee before.