COVID-19

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:09 pm

oooo bowling alleys. I could see that one coming here, and I dislike that greatly, but it's very hard to distance, etc. So that makes sense.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:31 pm

All indoor gatherings and events involving people from more than one household are prohibited, in public or private spaces.
Get ****. The government has no business dictating what i can and can't do in my own private space.

If you don't want me leaving my own private residence to go to someone else's, then close the roads.

grunthy

COVID-19

Postby grunthy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:33 pm

All indoor gatherings and events involving people from more than one household are prohibited, in public or private spaces.
Get ****. The government has no business dictating what i can and can't do in my own private space.

If you don't want me leaving my own private residence to go to someone else's, then close the roads.
I seriously can’t believe people are ok with some of these restrictions.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:36 pm

I seriously can't believe some people are still having parties during a god damned pandemic.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:40 pm

That one in particular is not enforceable in any way. Probably should have changed the wording from "prohibited" to "strongly discouraged." Thanksgiving is going to be a **** show with or without these restrictions.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:44 pm

That one in particular is not enforceable in any way. Probably should have changed the wording from "prohibited" to "strongly discouraged." Thanksgiving is going to be a **** show with or without these restrictions.
Yep. There are people who will see "PROHIBITED" and then say **** that I'm having everyone over for Thanksgiving now!

willeyeam

COVID-19

Postby willeyeam » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:45 pm

Yeah they may be called restrictions but those aren't enforceable at all lol

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:48 pm

Oregon and Washington claim enforcement.

Its honestly a first amendment right, and crazy that anyone would use wording to make it seem required and enforceable in any way.

I can have whoever I want over to my private residence provided we adhere to the ordinances I agreed upon when purchasing my home.

Theyll pass that "restriction" in Allegheny County soon but I can guarantee you there will still be 4 households worth of people here on Thanksgiving.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:49 pm

Yea, that's just not happening from an adherence perspective.

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:51 pm

I foresee a lot of this happening after Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. :(

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victoriafo ... 3b6a3746a7
In a day to remember for the couple, but perhaps not for the reasons they had hoped, a 55-person wedding in a small town in Maine ended up giving half the guests Covid-19, leading to a coronavirus outbreak involving 177 people, killing 7 of them.

offsides

COVID-19

Postby offsides » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:55 pm

oooo bowling alleys. I could see that one coming here, and I dislike that greatly, but it's very hard to distance, etc. So that makes sense.
I also won't like that. My leagues do require masks at all times (except if actively eating or drinking) and we bowl on two lanes then two dead lanes then two bowl and two dead and etc. Easy to social distance.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:56 pm

I've had a lot of fun over the last several months having friends and family over for outside campfires and small parties, but I think it's about time to lock that all down. Winter will certainly be interesting. It seems like it's worse now than back in spring, but at this point I just don't see people following like they did back then.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:56 pm

I foresee a lot of this happening after Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. :(

In a day to remember for the couple, but perhaps not for the reasons they had hoped, a 55-person wedding in a small town in Maine ended up giving half the guests Covid-19, leading to a coronavirus outbreak involving 177 people, killing 7 of them.
**** you. I'm still having 4 households of people over inside my home for Thanksgiving!!

DigitalGypsy66

COVID-19

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:59 pm

Thanksgiving celebrations will lead to Christmas funerals. This is the way.

MWB

COVID-19

Postby MWB » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:59 pm

Smart people can make smart decisions about who they choose to have in their house. Don’t know that this is such a black and white issue.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:00 pm

Smart people can make smart decisions about who they choose to have in their house. Don’t know that this is such a black and white issue.
:thumb:

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:01 pm

**** you. I'm still having 4 households of people over inside my home for Thanksgiving!!
If 4 households have thanksgiving together (us, my father in law, my sister in law and her husband, my other sister in law and her family) what business is that of anyone? None of the aforementioned have engaged in any risky behavior or plan to after.

Certainly not something worthy of mocking, thats for sure

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:08 pm

If 4 households have thanksgiving together (us, my father in law, my sister in law and her husband, my other sister in law and her family) what business is that of anyone? None of the aforementioned have engaged in any risky behavior or plan to after.
I'm not mocking you, but saying things like, "None of the aforementioned have engaged in any risky behavior" is downright silly. You don't have to partake in risky behavior to contract Covid and you can be asymptomatic for days (or completely). So let's picture a scenario where your SIL contracted COVID while getting groceries. She's asymptomatic during Thanksgiving dinner and gives it to half of you. But none of you realize for 3 or 4 days after that she was sick. In that time the kids went back to school, the adults went back to work, etc. They pass it on to people they associate with who give it to others, etc. And it keeps spreading and spreading, just like that wedding in Maine where one infected person led to 177 cases (that they know of).

Have your dinner. Don't live in fear. Yada yada yada. But don't act like what you're doing couldn't have consequences.

grunthy

COVID-19

Postby grunthy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:13 pm

I'm not mocking you, but saying things like, "None of the aforementioned have engaged in any risky behavior" is downright silly. You don't have to partake in risky behavior to contract Covid and you can be asymptomatic for days (or completely). So let's picture a scenario where your SIL contracted COVID while getting groceries. She's asymptomatic during Thanksgiving dinner and gives it to half of you. But none of you realize for 3 or 4 days after that she was sick. In that time the kids went back to school, the adults went back to work, etc. They pass it on to people they associate with who give it to others, etc. And it keeps spreading and spreading, just like that wedding in Maine where one infected person led to 177 cases (that they know of).

Have your dinner. Don't live in fear. Yada yada yada. But don't act like what you're doing couldn't have consequences.
Don’t act like peoples mental health doesn’t have consequences either. 1/3 of the excess deaths this year are because of mental health and other issues from the reaction to covid. So please keep the high and mighty **** to yourself and let others that are taking the necessary precautions alone.

willeyeam

COVID-19

Postby willeyeam » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:15 pm

And we're off

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:16 pm

1/3 of the excess deaths this year are because of mental health and other issues from the reaction to covid.
You have a link for that?

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:20 pm

And we're off
Somebody forgot to put up the red siren.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:22 pm

A guy at work just stopped down and said, oh you don't have to wear a mask around me and then proceeded to talk about going on a bar crawl in a different state this weekend and then 5 days in Vegas next week. Young people really don't care about this thing and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:26 pm

A guy at work just stopped down and said, oh you don't have to wear a mask around me and then proceeded to talk about going on a bar crawl in a different state this weekend and then 5 days in Vegas next week. Young people really don't care about this thing and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.
Yeah. I take pics for a local charity and 2 weeks ago one of the employees was diagnosed with COVID. She's still off work. I went in today, masked up, for pics. I was the only one there wearing a mask. :face:

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:28 pm

Source of the post I was the only one there wearing a mask.