Movie Thread

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Movie Thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:32 pm

I still can't believe they're rebooting it again

blackjack68

Movie Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:44 pm

Unless they are teaming him up with someone, I'd expect a flop.

FreeCandy44

Movie Thread

Postby FreeCandy44 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:03 pm

Woo....the same Spiderman story.....told over again. Count me out.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:05 pm

Not sure if it was Tif, but someone here was a pretty big fan of composer James Horner.

No word on if it was him yet.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/t ... k_20150622
Guy was an unapologetic self-plagiarist, incapable of nuance. That said, he scored many of my favorite films and did occasionally write excellent music.

dodint

Movie Thread

Postby dodint » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:55 pm

I heard somewhere, Nerdist maybe, the next Spiderman movies were not going to rehash the origin story portion, but would be more substantial with things happening later in life. Not my thing so I didn't pay much attention nor do I fully understand the context.

blackjack68

Movie Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:57 pm

Then they shouldn't have hired a 12-year old to play him.

CBear3

Movie Thread

Postby CBear3 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:59 pm

so I finally saw Gone Girl last night and I just have 2 questions: seriously??? that's the ending?????
just saw it as well. awesome movie. amazing ending.
Recorded it.

No spoilers please.
My wife and I kept looking at each other like WTF! Finished it at 1 AM, and then my neighbor started hammering on the cabinets in his house (turns out they're doing a remodel) Sounded like it was the side of ours though. Creeped our stuff out.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:04 pm

They're not going to cover the origin story. Peter Parker will be a high school student living with Aunt May, Uncle Ben will already be dead, and Spider-Man will already be active because his first appearance will be in Captain America: Civil War. They want to go back to the origins of the character as a high school student, but have already stated that it would be ridiculous for them to show the origin of Spider-Man for a third time.

shmenguin

Movie Thread

Postby shmenguin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:05 pm

so I finally saw Gone Girl last night and I just have 2 questions: seriously??? that's the ending?????
Recorded it.

No spoilers please.
spoiler tagged spoiler
while it was very "lifetime movie of the week", it was exceptionally executed. and on steroids. great performances and i'm a sucker for the fincher aesthetic. i liked the end because it was a clever turn that didn't use the ambiguity crutch that's too common these days.

however...that scene at the airport at the end. you can't put that scene in this movie. it was a complete tonal break. not good.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:11 pm

Neither read the book nor seen the film, but Mrs Tif and my ex-boss are both very big fans the novel. The film ends pretty much exactly the way the book does.

Ex-boss said that when she was reading the book and the big reveal happened, she was so alarmed that she had to step away from the book for like a week.

Silentom

Movie Thread

Postby Silentom » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:47 am

I don't know if I can handle another Spiderman reboot. I was happy to forget about the first 3, but I kind of enjoyed the newer ones to a much better extent. Might have something to do with Emma Stone, though. Yeah, definitely Emma Stone.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Movie Thread

Postby LITT » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:57 am

entourage movie?

shoeshine boy

Movie Thread

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:30 am

Recorded it.

No spoilers please.
spoiler tagged spoiler
while it was very "lifetime movie of the week", it was exceptionally executed. and on steroids. great performances and i'm a sucker for the fincher aesthetic. i liked the end because it was a clever turn that didn't use the ambiguity crutch that's too common these days.

however...that scene at the airport at the end. you can't put that scene in this movie. it was a complete tonal break. not good.
yeah, don't get me wrong. I thought the movie was great and the actress playing the wife was soooooooo good but I guess the ending just proves that people are stupid. :)

Pavel Bure

Movie Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:57 am

I don't know if I can handle another Spiderman reboot. I was happy to forget about the first 3, but I kind of enjoyed the newer ones to a much better extent. Might have something to do with Emma Stone, though. Yeah, definitely Emma Stone.
Yeah it's at the point where it's over saturated and no one cares any longer.

dodint

Movie Thread

Postby dodint » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:57 am

entourage movie?
I was one of the handful of people that saw it in the theater. ;)

If you liked the show, you'll like the movie. It's very simple.

CBear3

Movie Thread

Postby CBear3 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:11 am

Recorded it.

No spoilers please.
spoiler tagged spoiler

spoiler tagged spoiler
And what about the detective? Knowing what she does how does the wife not get arrested for jaywalking, littering, speeding in a school zone constantly? Or after a month of seeing the wife on the news does she transfer to a new town? Go to an asylum? Blow her brains out? And why is the FBI involved in an intra-state case (they never left Missouri)? And the video surveillance would have shown her enter the house under her own power not under duress. The ending is F'ed up, but the rest is good enough to still be pretty awesome.

shmenguin

Movie Thread

Postby shmenguin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:13 am

Recorded it.

No spoilers please.
spoiler tagged spoiler

spoiler tagged spoiler
And what about the detective? Knowing what she does how does the wife not get arrested for jaywalking, littering, speeding in a school zone constantly? Or after a month of seeing the wife on the news does she transfer to a new town? Go to an asylum? Blow her brains out? And why is the FBI involved in an intra-state case (they never left Missouri)? And the video surveillance would have shown her enter the house under her own power not under duress. The ending is F'ed up, but the rest is good enough to still be pretty awesome.
yeah, it got reeeeeal casual with that detective towards the end. an innocent guy (as far as anyone knows) was murdered by a free psychopath? ehhh...let's move on and go have some coffee with tyler perry at the airport. no biggie. i just like hanging out with you guys.

CBear3

Movie Thread

Postby CBear3 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:22 am

Lol,
Well I have heard that they do have great coffee at the Branson airport. It's practically the only reason to go now that Andy Williams is dead.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:53 pm

It's being reported that Chris Terrio will write and Ben Affleck will direct the next iteration of a standalone Batman film, which is expected to be released in November 2018. This is a good thing.

Craig

Movie Thread

Postby Craig » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:57 pm

Jet li will play batman.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlx_RgBhMAc

Re-casting the punks makes this cringe worthy scene damn near unbearable.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Movie Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:51 pm

watching the Romero doc....awesome.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Movie Thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:59 pm

Just saw Inside Out. Extremely good. Pixar with another winnrr

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Movie Thread

Postby LITT » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:21 am

the longest week starring jason bateman, billy crudup, olivia wilde and jenny slate

wow. bad. tried to be a wes anderson movie but it wasnt.

dodint

Movie Thread

Postby dodint » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:31 am

Just saw Inside Out. Extremely good. Pixar with another winnrr
This review comes as no surprise at all.