Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Factorial » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:05 pm

14 second walk to work.
9 seconds.

We should race tomorrow.

Reveutopique

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Reveutopique » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:31 am

I feel so relieved. At work 3 of us started eating lunch together with people joining in here and there. Then a fourth person was hired into the company and the 4 of us have lunch together. Sometimes we hang out after work and we text each other now and then too.

It turns out that my friend( co worker boy) has a ginormous crush on her (c-w girl) and at first my friend (c-w 1) and I ( c-w 2) are on board. This is a person who tells his mother that he loves her and openly talks about it and he is fun. It has been a year and he hasn't been seeing anyone but he wants to so we think, ok why not. However he never actually tells the other co worker and the co worker being a bit shy of a decade younger than he isn't looking for anything in the same realm.

So finally a couple of weeks ago my co worker and I are talking and he pulls me aside and asks me what I've heard...at first I'm confused. And then he says do I know what's going on with him. It was a very Love Actually moment and this story ends in heart break as well.

So I tell him it seems like he really likes our co worker. He unnecessarily confirms and tells me he is suffering from low self esteem. I just feel so bad bc he struggles with depression.

The next day we are all at lunch and another boy co worker comes upstairs with the girl co worker after half of lunch has passed. They have been talking outside. At the time I didn't think much of it but my co worker (1) makes some sort of remark that vaguely suggests they went on a date or something.

Well boy co worker is sitting quietly with his head in his hands for the rest of lunch. He storms back to his desk but decides to go home early and the other co worker and I keep texting and calling. He finally responds after I get home from work. He says other boy went on a date with girl didn't he. Isn't that what we were all laughing about? So I ask him if he left work bc he thinks they went on a date. That is in fact the reason. This, is now becoming troubling.

After that he is snippy with both my co worker and me. He keeps reading books girl co worker reads even though 1 and I tell him she isn't interested.

He enthusiastically tells her chicken is his favorite meat in response to a passing comment she makes about liking it. He only goes places if he knows she will be there.

We have a chat room on our company messenger with the four of us in a room and he says random responses in order to get her attention during conversation.

The whole thing is like watching a really long car crash in slow motion when you've pulled an all nighter.

And frankly, there would be days where I would come home (The new job process was going on. ..both stressful and exciting) and I'd be so down and it had nothing to do with the actual work part of work.

I found out today that co worker 1 told girl co worker that boy co worker liked her and she wanted him to move on and find someone not at work.

How can I make this end?

Kaiser says it's going to get worse.
I don't want girl co worker to quit.

I also ended up confronting boy co worker about his behavior.
Things seemingly got better. Knowing my co workers we are going to have to sit down and talk about it.

Pavement

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Pavement » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:39 am

Tricky situation. The guy probably needs to be careful not to cross the line into harassment, although I sympathise if he has feelings for the girl and they aren't being reciprocated. I'm sure we've all been there at some point but he needs to move on.

Reveutopique

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Reveutopique » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:30 am

Tricky situation. The guy probably needs to be careful not to cross the line into harassment, although I sympathise if he has feelings for the girl and they aren't being reciprocated. I'm sure we've all been there at some point but he needs to move on.
I agree whole heartedly. I hope boy co worker goes on to find someone great who loves the real him.

Algernon

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Algernon » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:38 am

*cringe*

Aw man. I don't even know what to say.

I've done some cringey things.... but the extent of my cringeyness is probably just the fact that I sent 2 short texts to a girl who I now suspect has gone no contact on me.

I feel embarrassed and like I did something wrong or misread something but when we last saw each other it was awesome, we were all over each other and making each other laugh

The mind is weird, I can't stop ruminating about it even though I know the only option is to just forget about her as quickly as possible and move on.

Things are never as good or as bad as they feel

I've never gone ghost on someone. I always feel too guilty, so I'm always honest and up front with them.... even though in the past girls have been pretty angry

Gaucho

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Gaucho » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:17 am

14 second walk to work.
9 seconds.

We should race tomorrow.
Before or after the first coffee? :D

Lemon Berry Lobster

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:29 am

Oh good she was texting me again last night about keeping the account open now because her personal account debit card information almost got stolen. :scared: :face:

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby meow » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:43 am

My suggestion to you is:

Lemon Berry Lobster

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:51 am

Is he getting shot at? If so I'm better off if the bullet hits me

Gaucho

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Gaucho » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:53 am

I think he wants you to move to London.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:07 am

Or drown since I can't swim

meow

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby meow » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:09 am

All three seem like valid options at the moment.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:15 am

Or become famous, get addicted to drugs, then have a renaissance

mikey

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby mikey » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:16 am

Another vote here for drowning as opposed to dealing with the situation outlined above...

Lemon Berry Lobster

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:27 am

I'd rather take the bullet since I can swim. But I could jump in and just say screw it

Lemon Berry Lobster

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:42 am

I'm calling it. RIP LBL cause of death suicide by dealing with an ex. I stopped responding last night, she started it back up today, and asked about the account and the cat.

Silentom

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Silentom » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:06 pm

Oof.

meow

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby meow » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:20 pm

Tell her the cat emptied the bank account then ran off then block her number.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:43 am

Just let it die plz, jfc

Silentom

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Silentom » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:59 am

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby count2infinity » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:12 am

LBL, you need to take care of this now before it goes any further. A buddy of mine in grad school had a similar situation, and it started the way yours seems to be starting and somehow evolved into her texting him upwards of 100 times per day. That lasted a year until he finally told some of us about it and we helped him to take care of it. This kind of thing can go from annoying to life devastating in a heartbeat.

Silentom

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Silentom » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:14 am

c2i's advice is much wiser.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:26 am

She broke it off, she needs to live with her decision. I got mail from Big Burrito and she asked in snap chat messages if she could open it. What in the hell goes through some people's minds?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Thread of Love v6.9

Postby count2infinity » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:36 am

She broke it off, she needs to live with her decision. I got mail from Big Burrito and she asked in snap chat messages if she could open it. What in the hell goes through some people's minds?
Hate to do this to you, but in my buddy's situation, she was the one that broke it off as well. Anyone want to take a wild guess as to what the final straw was that caused the break up? I'll spoiler it if you want to try to guess...
They were at Goodwill and he refused to buy a set of dinnerware because 1) he had dinnerware already and didn't want more and 2) he didn't want mixed and matched dinnerware. She stormed out of the Goodwill on him and broke it off.