PS YOU ARE A SHEEP.

Algernon

Politics And Current Events

Postby Algernon » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:04 pm

Lmfao

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Everything has been so much easier around here for me since I figured out columbia.

:lol:

columbia

Postby columbia » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:12 pm

To be honest, that wasn't in response to you.

columbia

Postby columbia » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Also: I love dogs.

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:15 pm

Crap.

nobody, right?

columbia

Postby columbia » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:15 pm

:pop:

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:16 pm

:P

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:29 pm

Predictably, Trump's response to the Khans is completly bigoted
"I saw him," Trump said of the speech. "He was very emotional and probably looked like a nice guy to me. His wife … if you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say."

"She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say. You tell me," Trump continued. "But a plenty of people have written that. She was extremely quiet, and it looked like she had nothing to say. A lot of people have said that."
After the speech the Khans were interviewed and his wife had plenty to say:
GHAZALA KHAN: First of all, I thank all America who listened from their heart to my husband's and my heart, and I'm so grateful for that. And it was very nervous because I cannot see my son's picture, and I cannot even come in the room where his pictures are. That's why when I saw the picture at my back I couldn't take it, and I controlled myself at that time. So, it is very hard.
Trump is just disgusting
This was such an easy thing for Trump to get right. "I'm blessed that all my children are still with me, and no sacrifice I've made could compare," yadda yadda. No, instead he opened with bigotry and when asked what sacrifices he has made he answered, "I work hard and I've created jobs."

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:49 pm

I'm voting for Thomas Wayne Jr.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:59 pm

Predictably, Trump's response to the Khans is completly bigoted
"I saw him," Trump said of the speech. "He was very emotional and probably looked like a nice guy to me. His wife … if you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say."

"She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say. You tell me," Trump continued. "But a plenty of people have written that. She was extremely quiet, and it looked like she had nothing to say. A lot of people have said that."
After the speech the Khans were interviewed and his wife had plenty to say:
GHAZALA KHAN: First of all, I thank all America who listened from their heart to my husband's and my heart, and I'm so grateful for that. And it was very nervous because I cannot see my son's picture, and I cannot even come in the room where his pictures are. That's why when I saw the picture at my back I couldn't take it, and I controlled myself at that time. So, it is very hard.
Trump is just disgusting
This was such an easy thing for Trump to get right. "I'm blessed that all my children are still with me, and no sacrifice I've made could compare," yadda yadda. No, instead he opened with bigotry and when asked what sacrifices he has made he answered, "I work hard and I've created jobs."

What did you expect? He is an ass.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Coming Monday to a public school near you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b48-SBYbahQ
“It’s important that children be given an opportunity to realize that the evangelical materials now creeping into their schools are representative of but one religious opinion amongst many. While the Good News Clubs focus on indoctrination, instilling them with a fear of Hell and God’s wrath, After School Satan Clubs will focus on free inquiry and rationalism, the scientific basis for which we know what we know about the world around us. We prefer to give children an appreciation of the natural wonders surrounding them, not a fear of everlasting other-worldly horrors.”
http://www.afterschoolsatan.com/

On Monday, the group plans to introduce its After School Satan Club to public elementary schools, including one in Prince George’s County, petitioning school officials to allow them to open immediately as the academic year starts. Chapter heads from New York, Boston, Utah and Arizona were in Salem on July 10 talking strategy, with others from Minneapolis, Detroit, San Jose, New Orleans, Pittsburgh and Florida participating online.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ed ... story.html

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:02 pm

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:02 pm

If a parent signs off on their kid going to that club, have at it.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:42 pm

I just read about/watched the video of that hot air balloon accident in Texas, killing 16 people. I've always wanted to go in one, and there is ample opportunity here in Lancaster County (hell, they normally land about 200 yards from my house), but there are enough stories like this to keep me away. It looks like this one ran into high-voltage power lines :( Deadliest balloon crash in U.S. history

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:47 pm

@Factorial, this happened right in our own backyard. Could have been so much worse.

http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/s ... c6c7e.html
Two Columbia teenagers used a scoped sniper rifle in an attempt to gun down police officers in an early Friday morning shooting in the borough, officials said at a press conference Saturday.

“By the grace of God, we are not having a press conference today about multiple homicides, multiple deaths of police officers,” Lancaster County District Attorney Craig Stedman said Saturday in Columbia Borough Council chambers.

“The focus was to kill police officers,” he said. “The last couple of days in Lancaster County are some of the darkest days we’ve had in our justice system, for our police officers, that I can recall.”

Marquell Robert Rentas, 17, of 244 Walnut St., and Trenton Michael Nace, 18, of 116 Lancaster Ave., were arraigned Saturday morning on multiple charges of attempted homicide of a law-enforcement officer, aggravated assault, assault of a law-enforcement officer and counts of conspiracy to commit each of those crimes, Stedman said. Both teens were charged as adults.
The rifle, Stedman said, “appears to be some type of a sniper rifle.” It fires a small caliber “but extremely high-velocity projectile,” he said, and is considered “extremely deadly.”

The weapon was owned by Rentas’s aunt, “legally purchased and possessed,” Stedman said. However, he said, Rentas is not licensed, and he also faces a charge of possession of a firearm by a minor.

Police also found a box for a handgun at the scene, Stedman said. The handgun itself was not recovered.

columbia

Postby columbia » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:11 am

Koch Bros won't be running anti-Hillary ads...

http://m.wmtw.com/politics/speaker-paul ... p/40962338

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:11 am

columbia

Postby columbia » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:13 am

#reassuring

Reveutopique

Postby Reveutopique » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:23 am

:lol:

Reveutopique

Postby Reveutopique » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:55 am

You know what I don't understand, people who support Hillary. Since the DNC started I've been getting texts from friends and facebook is just rife with people exploding with anger who choose their right to see through the bs.
This is what my friend posted. I said that basically reads like if you don't like the Ds or Rs you're living on a cloud. That spiraled into someone accusing my husband of voting for Trump, Stein, and Bernie in a five minute period. This same person, who I'm assuming can see my picture when I post, said maybe I couldn't understand bc Maybe I wasnt of color. Then she said it was shocking that I was bc I was apparently lax on my Trump disdain.

I told her I felt insulted to be reduced to just my skin color and she said she had no remorse.

And I just kept thinking. .. this is basically a Hillary supporter in a nutshell. Uber liberal nutbag who doesn't do any of her homework, who just wants to feel important and show how passionate she is to fb while being completely insulting to someone with a different opinion.

I posted this opinion piece. (It's pretty vulgar in certain places if you want to read the whole way through. It's moderately long).
And one person had nothing to say about anything in the piece, but did say that any vote not for Hillary is a vote for Trump.

Like...wtf are these people on? How can they just sit there spewing that bs? How can they justify their terrible decisions?

It's just ridiculous.

99% of Hillary supporters are people who don't want Trump and feel they have to vote for someone else who, while they don't go around insulting people, has voted for extremely detrimental policies towards the American people.

It is just as bad as Trump and if these people don't think so, I really don't know what to say.

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:35 am

Kicksave

Postby Kicksave » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:07 pm

Really?