You know what really grinds my gears...

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:13 pm

Why was I referenced? :lol:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:14 pm

You said that to me once, when I was whining about not having military service. :wink:

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:51 pm

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:17 pm

You said that to me once, when I was whining about not having military service. :wink:
I do say the best things.

Robot B9

Postby Robot B9 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:32 pm

The size of Brewster's triple scoop waffle cone used to be awesome. Now it's way not what it used to be. The ice cream is still good, though.

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:48 pm

Seems like tif lost his **** and overreacted.

I use to work at getgo when I was 19.

Some douchebag started flipping out on me because I shut his pump off when he tried to pump two cars. Which isnt allowed or wasn't.

Skip the conversation but he came in shouting obscenities and knocked over a stand with snacks

So I started throwing pennies at him and told him to get the **** out. He left after threatening to call the cops.

Nothing happen. My two week notice was already in.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:26 am

lolwut?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:48 am

I was fine until the attendant got condescending.

Like I said, I recognize that I'm not the better man in that exchange. But let's not kid ourselves here - that fcknut had it coming, and I'll gladly accept any accusations of overreacting.

Craig

Postby Craig » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:57 am

You were kind of a dick, but you werent wrong. The attendant deserved it for sure.

Reveutopique

Postby Reveutopique » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:46 pm

:mrgreen:
Had some extra time this morning so I decided to get a car wash. Just one of those pull-through places at a Shell station. Filled up, bought the wash, then realized there were like four other people already in line (at 8:40 am). Oh well. Time passes and eventually it's my turn. I pull in to the dealybob, front wheels hit the well, but the green light stays on. I sit there for several seconds, with no changes, so I pull forward a bit. Red light comes on when my rears hit the well. Whatever, the wash frame moves back over my car, and I figure I've got five minutes to myself so I might as well look at today's job postings. After a couple minutes, I realize nothing has happened; the frame hasn't moved at all, no water is flowing. So I honk for an attendant. Nothing. I honk a couple more times. More of the nothing.

So I pull forward and park and go into the shoppette thingy and say to the attendant, "Hey I think your car wash is busted." He says, "Yeah, you pulled too far forward." So was like, "The light was still green, it didn't change to red until I pulled forward." And he sighed and said, charmingly, "Have you ever used a car wash before?"

There were like three customers in the shop, so I took advantage of that. I said, loudly, "The **** did you just say to me?" Customers leave. "Look, I was watching you on the camera, you pulled too far forward." Ahem. "So let me get this straight. You watched me - in your estimation - use the wash incorrectly, and just let me sit there in my car for five minutes, with at least two other customers behind me waiting? At what point do you think it might have been appropriate to flag an attendant to come tell me to move? mean, next time this happens should I plan ahead and pack a lunch?"

"Do you want a refund or what?"

"Hey, I'm sorry you're a gas station attendant. But that's not my fault. The world needs ditch diggers, too ( @dodint ). What's got me snarked off right now is that being a normal human being literally requires no effort on your part. But you have to make an affirmative decision to be a cocknugget. So take me through that thought process, would you? How did you arrive here? You clearly analyzed this situation and came to the conclusion that douchebaggery was the way to go. I want to go on that journey through your skull."

At this point, the outside attendant - who has not heard a word of this exchange - pops his head in the door and says, "The wash is broke."

Tif: "Well ain't that some sht."

I recognize that at the end of the day I'm the bigger bad guy in that exchange, but it was an entertaining way to get Friday off and running.

You're the best.

Reveutopique

Postby Reveutopique » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:49 pm

You know, I never understood being the bigger man and taking the high road. I always think that if someone is going around being a sick bc they know no one will say anything or they just don't care...I need to tell that person.

Ofcourse the number one place you meet people like that is at work. So then I just keep quiet bc I like living in something other than cardboard.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:25 pm

Amazon claimed my Pens championship bluray would be delivered by 8PM today, then proceeded to leave it sit in a facility in Pittsburgh.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:49 am

Amazon claimed my Pens championship bluray would be delivered by 8PM today, then proceeded to leave it sit in a facility in Pittsburgh.
Got mine yesterday morning. Chat with them online, and I'll bet that you can get them to either knock off $5, or give you a $5 credit.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:50 am

The son of our neighbors behind us, who doesn't even live in the area, convinced his mother to sell off half of her property to a developer. The developer plans on building two shotgun style houses in this space, and had to go through multiple zoning board meetings to get the plans approved, since they wouldn't have been able to meet setback and other requirements. They finally got everything approved, despite pushback from basically everyone in the neighborhood. Well, they started removing the trees from this plot, so not only do we no longer have that pleasant privacy, but it's likely going to force the wildlife that lived there to relocate. The bunnies, foxes, etc. I can handle, but if their **** groundhogs start digging up my yard again, I'm going to go postal.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:02 am

Time for a privacy fence.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:07 am

Time for a privacy fence.
While my neighbor has it worse (my property ends where you see the end of the freshly cut lawn), I may consider asking them to go in on a privacy fence along the entire back yard. My wife will likely object to it, and I can honestly understand why - the current fence is open, so it makes the yard look much larger than it is.

I look forward to getting into arguments with any construction company that decides to leave their equipment in front of my house.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:28 am

The son of our neighbors behind us, who doesn't even live in the area, convinced his mother to sell off half of her property to a developer. The developer plans on building two shotgun style houses in this space, and had to go through multiple zoning board meetings to get the plans approved, since they wouldn't have been able to meet setback and other requirements. They finally got everything approved, despite pushback from basically everyone in the neighborhood. Well, they started removing the trees from this plot, so not only do we no longer have that pleasant privacy, but it's likely going to force the wildlife that lived there to relocate. The bunnies, foxes, etc. I can handle, but if their **** groundhogs start digging up my yard again, I'm going to go postal.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:31 am

Pretty much. We have relocated two groundhogs in the past, so that'll likely be the first thing we attempt should the one living in that yard relocate to ours.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:42 am

By 'relocated' you mean 'shot with a .22 above ground and then buried below ground', right?

My last memory of my grandfather is him shooting a groundhog while standing at his kitchen sink, right through the window.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:45 am

I don't live in the sticks, and have a township sheriff about 5 houses down from me, so it is unlikely that I'll go that far.

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:45 am

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:56 am

I don't know if you were just trolling me or not, but I checked out that site - that is an outstanding option. So, thank you.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:59 am

How long would it take those to get that tall, though? Or do they come like that?

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:59 am

They grow really fast, too.
Ultimate privacy fence.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:04 am

According to the site, 5-6' versions of that evergreen are $109/each, and they grow 3-5' per year.