The right is fearing the impact of the swifties:

NTP66

Politics And Current Events

Postby NTP66 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:59 am

The irony of that first sentence... :lol: :lol:

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:02 pm

Reminder that the only thing she promoted was registering to vote. Not voting democrat or republican… simply registering.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:06 pm

The irony of that first sentence... :lol: :lol:
Click *here* to buy red MAGA hat

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:17 pm

:lol: Wait, wait, wait...this conspiracy theory (I guess?) twitter user drops some weird ass **** and the response is...
"Look at how stupid...look at the irony..." etc. as if it's real news...

Not one person goes..."that source don't count"

But when a video of a public hearing or when a screenshot of something is posted...the content is ignored and the source (which is really just a second-hand vehicle in those cases) is the first thing discussed...

I know the source will get attacked here too, but man, you guys are ****** gold haha

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:21 pm

Pretty sure it’s a joke post that’s not actually worthy of any thought or discussion, but okay…

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:22 pm

Oops...doesn't count!

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:23 pm

Doesn’t count for what?

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:26 pm

Sigh. This schtick is so tired that the Pens power play is more exciting.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:26 pm

I am sure I am in the bucket of posters “in the wrong”.

But I have completely lost the plot on the Mikey angle here

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:27 pm

There was someone posting all of these screenshots from X/Twitter of MAGA dopes complaining that Taylor Swift is not a good person because she is letting her eggs waste away by not being married and pumping out kids. Very very strange line of thinking.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:29 pm

There was someone posting all of these screenshots from X/Twitter of MAGA dopes complaining that Taylor Swift is not a good person because she is letting her eggs waste away by not being married and pumping out kids. Very very strange line of thinking.
It's a movement. Stephen Miller is even in on the act. The guy who might be attorney general if Trump wins in '24.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:32 pm

Commit to the bit, man.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:59 pm

I think he’s just bored.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:09 pm

But when a video of a public hearing or when a screenshot of something is posted...the content is ignored and the source (which is really just a second-hand vehicle in those cases) is the first thing discussed...
I can only speak for myself, but I didn't discount the source of that public hearing video (and said as much). In fact, my point was sort of why the people in Congress were not using that same source for similarly pointed questioning of the owner of said source.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:10 pm

I think he’s just bored.
Kinda. We're only allowed to discuss some things here. Anything that challenges the bullies is dismissed out of hand, generally...it creates a pretty sh*tty area for discussion...
This is your crew's shtick...not mine. I just notice haha

If you guys can't see the pattern of behavior - and it's all the way back to the beginning of this thread - that murders conversation, promotes bullying, has created a completely lopsided representation of viewpoints (and far fewer people who will even try), etc. then *whistles*

I'm pointing it out quite clearly for you all to see in short succession just for a shot at self awareness...but blissfully, no...it's impressive. It really is. And I'm guessing it's just an online thing, right? Like, I can't imagine that most of you act like this in real life in terms of having a conversation. The lot of you seem pretty normal...outside of this fierce protectionist standpoint behind...what...an empty political party full of thieves and hypocrites or to ensure that your own personal point of view on things is not even remotely challenged...

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:12 pm

Psychological projection is a defence mechanism of alterity concerning "inside" content mistaken to be coming from the "outside" Other.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:14 pm

I regret it every time I open this thread

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:17 pm

Kinda. We're only allowed to discuss some things here. Anything that challenges the bullies is dismissed out of hand
I'm reminded of the time I made a joke about something stupid Trump did during his presidency by saying "This is normal" and a poster whose name rhymes with Bikey scolded me about how it added nothing to the very serious discourse taking place in this thread.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:17 pm

I think he’s just bored.
Kinda. We're only allowed to discuss some things here. Anything that challenges the bullies is dismissed out of hand, generally...it creates a pretty sh*tty area for discussion...

If you guys can't see the pattern of behavior - and it's all the way back to the beginning of this thread - that murders conversation, promotes bullying, has created a completely lopsided representation of viewpoints (and far fewer people who will even try), etc. then *whistles*

I'm pointing it out quite clearly for you all to see in short succession just for a shot at self awareness...but blissfully, no...it's impressive. It really is. And I'm guessing it's just an online thing, right? Like, I can't imagine that most of you act like this in real life in terms of having a conversation. The lot of you seem pretty normal...outside of this fierce protectionist standpoint behind...what...an empty political party full of thieves and hypocrites or to ensure that your own personal point of view on things is not even remotely challenged...
lol you have no issue being part of the bullying crew when you're in the majority on here

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:17 pm

Psychological projection is a defence mechanism of alterity concerning "inside" content mistaken to be coming from the "outside" Other.
:lol: We don't need anyone else to copy wikipedia entries...

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:18 pm

I think he’s just bored.

lol you have no issue being part of the bullying crew when you're in the majority on here
When am I in the majority in this thread...?

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:18 pm

:lol: We don't need anyone else to copy wikipedia entries...
<3