NFL

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:49 am

Dumb. It's not like he gave one of them an oil check.

CBear3

NFL

Postby CBear3 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:55 am

Didn't think it was that bad, it was certainly better than the two hand touch game they played last year.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

NFL

Postby iamjs » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:35 am

https://nypost.com/2023/02/06/bills-ste ... touchdown/

Diggs will most likely be in trouble.
"Bills’ Stefon Diggs raises eyebrows for kneeling behind cheerleaders after scoring touchdown"

except that's not what happened. There was no touchdown involved.

He was setting up for some jump onto an airbag for one of the Pro Bowl side events. The cheerleaders parted, out comes Diggs, and he attempted to catch two footballs while there was smoke being launched.

If they're going to do these types of headlines, at least try to get part of the story right.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:47 am

Getting the story right is near the bottom of the checklist...

shafnutz05

NFL

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:24 am

Interesting

Sounds like CBS didn't like the way Romo was commentating when he first started, and really don't like the way he commentated this season.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/0 ... tervention

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:26 am

A whole article written in questions? Yes. Is it jarring and annoying to follow? Yes. Did I close the tab relatively early? Yes.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

NFL

Postby iamjs » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:45 am

Interesting

Sounds like CBS didn't like the way Romo was commentating when he first started, and really don't like the way he commentated this season.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/0 ... tervention
I was probably one of the few that didn't mind him calling the play before the ball was snapped. At some times, he was so accurate that it was watching him call a replay except in real time.

But take that away from him, and I wouldn't know him from anybody else in the booth.

CBear3

NFL

Postby CBear3 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:47 am

OK Officer Hops

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:18 pm

The problem with national tv broadcasts are that they need to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Romo was good for people who knew a little about football but they had to push him back into Chris Collinsworth territory

It’s why I like the MannningCast so much. I wish they would have less guests because many of them are **** but when they’re by themselves or have a good guest like Randy Moss, the actual football talk is very interesting and I learn a lot

Morkle

NFL

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:38 pm

$180 million aside. He made a ton of money during his career. Tell them to pound salt and move on. What's the point of Ef you money if you're never going to do it?

redwill

NFL

Postby redwill » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:08 pm

A whole article written in questions? Yes. Is it jarring and annoying to follow? Yes. Did I close the tab relatively early? Yes.
Did you take my EXACT f**king thought? Yes.

Did I also close it out almost immediately? Yes.

Do I despise it when people write or speak like this? Yes.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:00 pm

lol

CBear3

NFL

Postby CBear3 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:27 am

The argument I heard is that the rules are getting so complex and ambiguous that the officials are doing a fine job, it's the subjective nature of things like roughing the passer and holding and what constitutes a catch.

One thing feels certain: with online betting exploding and the strong desire to tap into that cash stream they need to clean up the image of officiating regardless.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:28 am

Depending on your point of view, it's probably quite likely that last year was the least amount of "incorrect" calls in history...if that's the metric, then sure...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:44 am

The argument I heard is that the rules are getting so complex and ambiguous that the officials are doing a fine job, it's the subjective nature of things like roughing the passer and holding and what constitutes a catch.

One thing feels certain: with online betting exploding and the strong desire to tap into that cash stream they need to clean up the image of officiating regardless.
it’s frustrating to me because there are OBJECTIVE calls that can be reviewed by officials but they’re still dependent on the coach throwing the red flag to challenge it. What happened to the sky judge? Why couldn’t they reverse the Smith catch in the NFC title game when it was clear on replay that he didn’t catch it?

Of course refs will miss things, that’s fine, but we have the technology and ability to get things more right than today but they are weird and ambiguous about that too

shoeshine boy

NFL

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:52 am

it’s frustrating to me because there are OBJECTIVE calls that can be reviewed by officials but they’re still dependent on the coach throwing the red flag to challenge it. What happened to the sky judge? Why couldn’t they reverse the Smith catch in the NFC title game when it was clear on replay that he didn’t catch it?

Of course refs will miss things, that’s fine, but we have the technology and ability to get things more right than today but they are weird and ambiguous about that too
yeah but I put most of that onus on the coaches and their staff members. I did not get to see that catch in the NFC game and read very little about it. if it was anytime other than the last 2 minutes, that responsibility to challenge is 100% on the HC and his video coach. same thing with the NHL. the Pens have an excellent video coach and any time Sully challenges something, I'm confident that they have it right.
I prefer the coaches challenge method. there are times when I'm watching college football that it's practically unbearable because they officials are reviewing every little thing. replay vs human officials doesn't have to be an either/or situation. the 2 can co-exist together.

CBear3

NFL

Postby CBear3 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:16 pm

The AFC title game KC had to review a spot for a first down and moments later the Bengals got theirs reversed by immediate review and didn't need to use it. That's the other annoying thing, it feels pretty subjective to when the expedited review is getting used at all.

Dickie Dunn

NFL

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:47 pm

Darrelle Revis, Ronde Barber, Joe Thomas, Zach Thomas, and DeMarcus Ware to the Hall.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:50 pm

DeMarcus Ware
another Bronco great

RonnieFranchise

NFL

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:50 pm

I can't even feign interest in this game. Probably just watch puppy bowl.

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:50 pm

Meh
Mehhhh.
Really?
Who?
Meh.

Maybe baseball has it right.

Pavel Bure

NFL

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:58 pm

Meh
Mehhhh.
Really?
Who?
Meh.

Maybe baseball has it right.
Revis for sure. Rhonde? WTF? Do they have a special section for being a twin?

Dickie Dunn

NFL

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:02 pm

NFL.com's description said Ronde is the only player with 40+ interceptions and 25+ sacks but that's a weak resume for me. Dude is Hall of Pretty Good and should open the door for a lot of fringe guys.

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:05 pm

Elite Cornerbacks are fantastic for 3-4 years, then loiter in the league on reputation for much longer. They're like running backs except they hang around longer because they're not getting beat up every play.

I suppose if that's the standard to judge a CB then Revis is as good as anyone, but, meh.

Ad@m

NFL

Postby Ad@m » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:58 pm

:face: