STHs - Are You Happy?

Morkle

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby Morkle » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:57 pm

Pensblog has a pretty decent thing happening right now with people talking about their STH licenses and how hard it is to sell a ticket...I was able to buy two seats for under $100 a piece for tonight's game like 10 rows from the ice.

How hard is it to sell a ticket now, is it changing your mind on holding a license? Are you truly happy? I know there were discussions on LGP about entitlement and always led to the have and have-nots arguing, but now I'm legitimately curious and would like to see it stay civil. With the recent sale of 50% off tickets to a game, I'm wondering just how stable the STH or fanbase of ticket buyer's is in general.

dodint

STH's - Are You Happy?

Postby dodint » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:58 pm

I mentioned in passing last week that I've jumped up 1200 spots on the STHWL this summer if that's any indicator of how things are going. In the prior two years I'd only moved up about 300 spots per summer.

I'm in the ~2500 area. Not sure how many are behind me.

meecrofilm

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby meecrofilm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:07 pm

Ticket prices better go down next season. If they raise them again, they really don't have a clue and we (myself and 3 other people who share 2 seats) probably won't renew, especially with how easy it is to get better (and cheaper) tickets now.

They slightly bumped up some concession prices as well, which is a bunch of horseshit. 50 cents is still 50 cents.

llipgh2

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby llipgh2 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:16 pm

I have a group of regulars that I sell to throughout the course of the season, so for the most part I don't have a problem selling off games.

But I did notice last season that some of the tickets I did end up posting on Ticket Exchange never sold. And I really don't jack up the price, just enough to cover the processing fee TicketMaster charges.

nocera

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby nocera » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:16 pm

Ticket prices better go down next season. If they raise them again, they really don't have a clue and we (myself and 3 other people who share 2 seats) probably won't renew, especially with how easy it is to get better (and cheaper) tickets now.

They slightly bumped up some concession prices as well, which is a bunch of ****. 50 cents is still 50 cents.
How much is parking this season?

Factorial

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby Factorial » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:19 pm

They slightly bumped up some concession prices as well, which is a bunch of ****. 50 cents is still 50 cents.
When have ticket prices for professional sports gone down from one year to the next? It may have happened but I can't imagine too often.

Jim

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby Jim » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:34 pm

I've had tickets since 98 or so... through the "lean" years. My first tickets were either $16.25 or $16.75 a seat.

This is my last year.

meecrofilm

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby meecrofilm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:54 pm

How much is parking this season?
No idea, we don't do the garage or anything. Usually just get there early enough to find street parking somewhere nearby.

meecrofilm

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby meecrofilm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:55 pm

When have ticket prices for professional sports gone down from one year to the next? It may have happened but I can't imagine too often.
It'll happen if people stop going.

dodint

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby dodint » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:58 pm

I wonder if they'll move public seats to the STH block until the WL goes away. I can't see any incentive for them to lower prices when they have both a 'sellout' streak and a STHWL.

MR25

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby MR25 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:10 pm

It'll happen if people stop going.
Yeah, but they still paid for the tickets.

Dickie Dunn

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Ended 15 years as a season ticket holder during the 2012-13 lockout and have been happier ever since. The in-game experience became increasingly annoying, ticket prices continued to rise at a severe rate, playoff ticket prices are obscene, and even during the 2011-12 season it was difficult to sell tickets at face value on Ticket Exchange.

Unfortunately for my current happiness, they got rid of Bob Grove.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:13 pm

You mean the selfie stick giveaway doesnt have em lined up around 5th avenue already for tonight?

dodint

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby dodint » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:18 pm

Honestly that's the first giveaway I've ever heard of that would repel me from a Pens game, and I went to HCDB Bobblehead Night. The only other thing I could think of would be "Every kid under 12 gets a small set of cymbals" or maybe adult vuvuzela night.

shmenguin

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby shmenguin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:20 pm

is iceberg blowing the air horn as annoying in person as it is on TV?

llipgh2

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby llipgh2 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:20 pm

I've had tickets since 98 or so... through the "lean" years. My first tickets were either $16.25 or $16.75 a seat.

This is my last year.
My first full season as a STH was 89-90. We had to buy the full package to get All-Star game tickets.

If prices go up any more, I'm done.

llipgh2

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby llipgh2 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:21 pm

Actually, no. That stupid drum on the other hand... :lol:

Shyster

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby Shyster » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:20 pm

Every once in a while the air horn starts to run out while he's blowing it, which is pretty amusing.

Factorial

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby Factorial » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:26 pm

Every once in a while the air horn starts to run out while he's blowing it, which is pretty amusing.
I've been wondering who was doing that. Someone needs to tell him to stop.

FreeCandy44

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby FreeCandy44 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:34 pm

Actually, no. That stupid drum on the other hand... :lol:
The drum thing gotta go.

Morkle

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby Morkle » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:12 pm

Was pretty funny tonight, they gave away selfie sticks, then the ushers in my section spent the night asking people to refrain from using them.

dodint

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby dodint » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:16 am

Excellent.

willeyeam

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby willeyeam » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:47 am

I jumped from 3K on the waiting list pre 2014-2015 season to being offered tix this year. So I moved up quickly. I got an email on a Friday that the tix were available to be purchased the following Monday and my window closed that Friday, so not much time to decide.

There was an initial thrill of getting season tix. And i'm still pretty pumped. But, seeing the Sens tickets at 1/2 off then seeing tickets last night for $19 a few hours before face-off on stubhub makes me think it wasn't actually a smart move to buy. So that kinda stinks.

Why Not Us

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby Why Not Us » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:03 pm

I loved having ST's at the Igloo. Up in F-19, I couldn't wait for the next home game. I made a concerted effort to attend every game at Mellon's final season and CEC's inaugural & accomplished it. Ever since then, I can't describe myself as "happy" with the tix. The prices are a downer, the game experience is like a watered-down expansion franchise shell of what it used to be. I'm sitting at the Leafs game last week and they come up with some "Highlights of the Game" video recap. Literally all idiot fans dancing poorly and showing off their signs. Not one highlight from the, ya know, HOCKEY game. It's like someone said in another thread- ever since moving into the new barn, this team- and not just the players on the ice- get worse. Makes me seriously consider dumping ST's after this season.

Miami Vice

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby Miami Vice » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:34 am

Between college in the down years and the move to Consol I probably went to two or three games a month, almost always sitting in F if I were picking my seat.

I loved sitting up there. Whoever I was next to was always friendly, whether it were high school kids or older ladies. Didn't matter. And I never paid more than $30 for the seat.

Last Thursday was only my fourth game at Consol, and first since right after the lockout. Ticket prices are a large part of that, as well as never being that happy with the seat. I finally experienced first hand the "leaning" problem. I bought our seats thru the team directly for about $40 each (I had a Ticketmaster giftcard that was no good for TicketExchange seats), but didn't notice anything on the website say they were limited view seats. I assumed in 2010, with the design technology available, that there wouldn't be any limited view seats in a brand new kabillion dollar arena. We were in the top row next to the handicap section, so the end seat couldnt see around it.

Couple that with the guys in front of us leaning forward, and well, it just wasn't much fun. I felt like I was in the old C end zone, up in the cave seating.

Overall I was just underwhelmed by the whole experience. Also, I assumed it was some dumb drunk sneaking an air horn into the place. I didn't realize it was the team doing it. And that drum...how about an organ player?