GDT #58: Pens @ Flames

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:43 pm

Boys, stay with it. Out with the bad air, in with the good air. Out with the bad air, in with the good air. I'll see you all...ALL...tonight in the GDT. It's the recent best player in the world vs the current best player in the world. And we're playing against fringe goalie with zero lateral movement. We'll kill'em.
It’s Sid vs Sid?

Rx6687

Postby Rx6687 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:07 pm

These last few seasons and the next few going forward are all about watching Sid ride off into the sunset, hopefully on his own terms. Wins are a bonus but not where my mind is at these days. It’s watching the best player of this generation (and the rest of the “core”) finish up. They’ve given me enough highs. Hell, after the 2016 Cup, I was content with what Sid and others accomplished. 2017 was just icing on the cake.
Yes. And deep down we all knew the window closed in 2018.
Meh. They had as good a chance as any the year we ended up getting spicy porked. They always play Tampa and Avs well. Carolina in the 2nd round would be a question mark sure . But they had a legit shot that year if their goaltending didn't all die.
I agree with this. That was the year this team could have made one last deep run into the playoffs. They should have disposed of the Rags in 5 or 6 games in that series. But that's what makes championships so rare. Everything has to click, and key guys need to get hot at the right time. Unfortunately, we had a jellyfish in goal.