GDT #4: Pens @ Wings

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:28 am

Bottom six featuring 4 new guys and still sucking isn't great.
I don’t like mostly that they aren’t energized. Sure, I would love them to score but if they aren’t scoring, they gotta at least throw the body around a bit and try to change momentum

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:34 am

Bottom 6 was fine in the two wins. Room for improvement tho. Carter is not a 4th line player.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:43 am

Yea I always thought Letang is amazing with the puck. Then I watch Karlsson. I’m not ragging on Letang, he’s great no doubt but EK is out of this world. Once the PP gets it’s bearings and he is the QB, they are gonna score at a ridiculous rate
Yeah, when I talk about the history of the game...I always give a nod to EK that he may have been the very best player in the NHL for a short amount of time...like, he may have transitioned the "best player on Earth" title from Crosby to McDavid, in that small window. He's unreal with the puck. If he just puts in a 3 out of 10 defensively, I'll take it as a net win. If it's a 0 or 1, like it's been in San Jose, then it gets a bit dicey...

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:29 pm

If Karlsson is a 2 or a 3 defensively, P.U. Joseph is a -4

stonewizard51
Location: Doing little things to irritate wifey without pi$$ing her off.

Postby stonewizard51 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:48 pm

Yea I always thought Letang is amazing with the puck. Then I watch Karlsson. I’m not ragging on Letang, he’s great no doubt but EK is out of this world. Once the PP gets it’s bearings and he is the QB, they are gonna score at a ridiculous rate
Yeah, when I talk about the history of the game...I always give a nod to EK that he may have been the very best player in the NHL for a short amount of time...like, he may have transitioned the "best player on Earth" title from Crosby to McDavid, in that small window. He's unreal with the puck. If he just puts in a 3 out of 10 defensively, I'll take it as a net win. If it's a 0 or 1, like it's been in San Jose, then it gets a bit dicey...
I liked EK when he was in Ottawa. He slipped a bit in SJ but that was probably because he was in SJ. I didn't like the drama around the trade but I like seeing him in a Pens sweater.