GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Beveridge

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby Beveridge » Fri May 21, 2021 6:25 am

Ovi would be out of frame with hands at his side.

NTP66

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:28 am

Controller disconnected state.

Gaucho

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby Gaucho » Fri May 21, 2021 6:28 am

Or plastering someone, because interference doesn't exist when he's on the ice.

NTP66

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:29 am

As for Guentzel, I still don't break up that top line. He just has to work through the Isles on the forecheck. Trying to hold the puck along the boards hasn't worked, so get your feet moving and start cycling. The same goes for Rust. Those two lose 90% of the puck battles along the boards, compared to Crosby's 99.9999% win rate.

NTP66

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:31 am

I forgot about McCann. He was awful last night. Get him a stick with a larger blade, because it seems as though he can never actually control the puck. Maybe that'd help him clear the puck from within 5' of the blue line, too.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby meow » Fri May 21, 2021 6:46 am

That’s a good win. Playing through a garbage team with a garbage game plan and garbage players. This game could be a hat hanger

NTP66

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:49 am

lol, look at this. Crazy eyes Tanev, normal Carter, sad Cluttertwat

NTP66

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:55 am

Bob Grove with the good juju:

Fire0nIce228

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby Fire0nIce228 » Fri May 21, 2021 7:40 am

Last nights game was crazy.

That huge scrum was wild, never seen entire lines be put into the box with misconduct penalties. That being said, Jake in particular has to be smarter there. The extra 2 had to be from skating up to 21 as he was being led to the box by the ref to slash him and start another mini melee. Got to be smarter. Just play. Sid ignored some stuff multiple times throughout the night. On one incident after a whistle an isle hooked sid up high around the arm as they were looping around the boards and 87 didn't even acknowledge the peasant. Perfect. Continue to lead by example.

Reading about 59 from you guys through the thread I hope to see him stick with it and break through. 1 goal in his last 5 games, need a little bit more out of him. That being said, this type of thuggery really isnt his style. We all know its not a strength of this team so at times unfortunately they're going to need to take their hits, take their lumps and move on. Isles forecheck i saw lots of contact and pens eating the puck to start that d zone puck battle but personally i dont think the Pens had too much problem getting out of the zone consistently. There were times of course during momentum swings or things of that nature but all in all.

I personally think Isles were the worst possible first round matchup for the Pens due to this type of nonsense game they can play, combined with absolutely clogging up the ice when they play from the lead.

Troy Loney

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby Troy Loney » Fri May 21, 2021 8:02 am

Between this play and during the empty-net, at like 1:30 left in the game, where he went in on the forecheck and it required like 4 or 5 islanders to come down behind their own net to regain control of the puck, sealed the win. After their initial entry with the extra skater they never regained control in the Penguin's zone.

NTP66

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:12 am

This man is a national treasure.

RonnieFranchise

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri May 21, 2021 9:38 am

This man is a national treasure.

That insane mofo makes me so proud to be a fellow Providence grad.

robbiestoupe

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri May 21, 2021 9:47 am

Source of the post I personally think Isles were the worst possible first round matchup for the Pens due to this type of nonsense game they can play, combined with absolutely clogging up the ice when they play from the lead.
Disagree. This is the identity of the division, particularly with Boston, Washington and NYI. If the Penguins and Bruins go through, they will be just as nasty but with more offensive skill and a better goalie.

DigitalGypsy66

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:49 am

18-page GDT...like the old days. Love it.

shmenguin

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 21, 2021 9:52 am

Source of the post I personally think Isles were the worst possible first round matchup for the Pens due to this type of nonsense game they can play, combined with absolutely clogging up the ice when they play from the lead.
Disagree. This is the identity of the division, particularly with Boston, Washington and NYI. If the Penguins and Bruins go through, they will be just as nasty but with more offensive skill and a better goalie.
Yeah, the isles stink. They don’t even have a 1st line.

You got 2 goobers on their team running around like fools and then Nelson and Pageau doing something frisky every 6th shift. It’s a good matchup. This isles team is bad. If we can’t solve martin and Clutterbuck, we can’t solve Washington either.

Troy Loney

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby Troy Loney » Fri May 21, 2021 9:54 am

Yeah, the isles stink. They don’t even have a 1st line.

You got 2 goobers on their team running around like fools and then Nelson and Pageau doing something frisky every 6th shift. It’s a good matchup. This isles team is bad. If we can’t solve martin and Clutterbuck, we can’t solve Washington either.
Difference with Washington that Wilson will injure people. The isles will just bully Letang and Crosby after the whistle and put the team on tilt.

robbiestoupe

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri May 21, 2021 9:54 am

If the Pens had one goon line they could pester the Pageau/Beauvillier line and that would be it. That's their "skill" line and they have given the Pens a lot of trouble.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri May 21, 2021 10:05 am

If the Pens had one goon line they could pester the Pageau/Beauvillier line and that would be it. That's their "skill" line and they have given the Pens a lot of trouble.
you need more quotes around "skill"

as I said yesterday, the Isles fourth line is the only one worth a damn, at least in this series. And they just muscle their way into positions for goals

Trip McNeely

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri May 21, 2021 10:08 am

I don’t know if this was mentioned but prior to sids goal saving stick check, seconds earlier, one of the isles defenseman got away with a mind bogglingly obvious interference on Guentzel. The puck was on the other side of the ice and behind the goal, Jake was splattered into the boards and then pinned there.

Gaucho

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby Gaucho » Fri May 21, 2021 10:09 am

TIL Matt Barzal has no skill. Does he have hands at least?

Trip McNeely

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri May 21, 2021 10:11 am

I don’t know if this was mentioned but prior to sids goal saving stick check, seconds earlier, one of the isles defenseman got away with a mind bogglingly obvious interference on Guentzel. The puck was on the other side of the ice and behind the goal, Jake was splattered into the boards and then pinned there.
Actually watched it again. Puck was in the vicinity but it still seemed like interference

mikey

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby mikey » Fri May 21, 2021 10:11 am

Also, man, **** this joke ass, broke ass team...

"Identity line, identity line"...what's your identity? Sucking [lemons] at every bar in the West Village...?
You have waited far too long to throw out this line, admit it
I just got here, man haha

mikey

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby mikey » Fri May 21, 2021 10:11 am

TIL Matt Barzal has no skill. Does he have hands at least?
:lol:

Dickie Dunn

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri May 21, 2021 10:14 am

Re-watching the highlights.... I’m 100% certain Pierre would have came on-air if the Tanev goal was overturned.

shmenguin

GDT Pens vs Isles Game 3

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 21, 2021 10:15 am

You'd hope there's some plan for this. He's in their crosshairs and it's working. From where we sit, you'd think the pens aren't even aware that this is happening.

Tanev and ZAR should take a few shifts where they do the Cooke dump and chase bit against Leddy or one of the more waifish guys on their backend. Need a little more from Ceci in this regard too.

If the B's take care of business, it's the last time we have to worry about a completely shameless team resorting to circus-play. But we can't just cross fingers and hope Trotz forgets the appeal of obscene hockey.