**** rat

crusherstasiak

OFFICIAL GDT Game 37: Pens @ Broons

Postby crusherstasiak » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:03 pm

what????

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:03 pm

Marchand scores 19 of 20 with that head fake five hole shot. Strong save from DeSmith
Yup, thought the same thing...very surprised that didn't go in...

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:05 pm

Is Trent Frederic actually a good player (or eventually will be a good player) or is he just a total shithead at an early age?
It's going to need to go pretty right for him offensively to become a 3rd liner player probably...he wasn't really a needle mover in terms of skill when he was an amateur player...so, his way up is to be annoying...as a youngster, to his credit, he takes on anyone...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:06 pm

Jankowski would do himself a huge service if he just moved his damn feet

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:07 pm

Yeah, to the press box

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:08 pm

Is that rust on the bench?

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:08 pm

He tried to turn fast early in the game and legit got uncomfortable and had to stop his foot churn to avoid falling...this is just not going to happen...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:09 pm

Now on the ice, whew.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:09 pm

Angello has a shot

meow

Postby meow » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:09 pm

He tried to turn fast early in the game and legit got uncomfortable and had to stop his foot churn to avoid falling...this is just not going to happen...
On the forecheck between the circles? I know the exact play. Got the speed wobbles

The U

Postby The U » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:10 pm

Now on the ice, whew.
With our luck I was pretty sure he broke his hand.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:11 pm

Now on the ice, whew.
With our luck I was pretty sure he broke his hand.
Kinda sad that that was my first thought, as well.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:13 pm

Rodrigues made one of the worst passes I’ve seen in a while on a breakout. He reminds me of me which isn’t a good thing...I play beer league hockey

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:13 pm

I'm not a troll, and I'm not going to go down this road repeatedly or anything...but this is one of those games that separates Rust to the 2RW squad instead of the 1RW squad. There has been some plays that have really died on his stick tonight, too many...and he's having a fine game, that line has been real good again, but he's just a little short on the technical skill to make things work compared to the guys he's out there with...

I'm really not trying to start a thing with that, but if you've tracked Rust tonight, you look at the whiff on the open one-timer chance, he throws a puck to the wrong side of Guentzel from below the icing line that throws off the timing of a play, a couple of missed passes (accepting and making) that are, ya know, just short of where you want a top line player to be...he's not a natural talent. He's a real good hockey player and he really worked his way up the ladder, but this one of those games where if, say, Bill Guerin was there, it's probably 3-0...

It's difficult, but this kind of stuff is what the difference is between top line players and second line players...it's really about useful talent and utilizing that talent...

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:14 pm

Lol tanev... "you've played **** 10 games. Who are you?"
"Go back to the minors you **** joke"
So **** proud to be a Friar right now

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:14 pm

On the forecheck between the circles? I know the exact play. Got the speed wobbles
Exactly...he put too much on an edge, and had that "oh ****" moment...

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:15 pm

Angello has a shot
That shot from 40 feet out was absolutely buzzin...

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:15 pm

ha
can of corn
aint heard that in years

meow

Postby meow » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:15 pm

I'm not a troll, and I'm not going to go down this road repeatedly or anything...but this is one of those games that separates Rust to the 2RW squad instead of the 1RW squad. There has been some plays that have really died on his stick tonight, too many...and he's having a fine game, that line has been real good again, but he's just a little short on the technical skill to make things work compared to the guys he's out there with...

I'm really not trying to start a thing with that, but if you've tracked Rust tonight, you look at the whiff on the open one-timer chance, he throws a puck to the wrong side of Guentzel from below the icing line that throws off the timing of a play, a couple of missed passes (accepting and making) that are, ya know, just short of where you want a top line player to be...he's not a natural talent. He's a real good hockey player and he really worked his way up the ladder, but this one of those games where if, say, Bill Guerin was there, it's probably 3-0...

It's difficult, but this kind of stuff is what the difference is between top line players and second line players...it's really about useful talent and utilizing that talent...
This is all fair

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:15 pm

Ugh, sh*tbreak is out there with Crosby and Guentzel...

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:19 pm

This is saying he’s not a prototypical 1RW, which I think there’s a general ok-ishness towards.

I think asserting he’s not one of the top 30 is where the pitchforks come out.

Edit: it’s like saying Kennedy was really a 4th liner, but he was more effective than most 3rd liners for a decent stretch.
Last edited by shmenguin on Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:20 pm

Man, we had about three real chances at that...

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:20 pm

I blame Mears and Bibsy.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:20 pm

I noticed one or two plays of wonky decision making and one or two plays of poor execution. I'll keep beating the "3rd guy" drum